Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very sad

Options
  • 21-08-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

I just went to the store yesterday to get some more CLEAR VALUE macaroni and cheese and I discovered THEY GOT RID OF IT!!!!! (My favourite mac and cheese since Kraft changed thier recipe)

THIS WAS THE ONLY MAC AND CHEESE I LIKE- Most has crap in it I am trying to avoid! (Maltodextrin,etc)

I Guess Ill have to try emailing the company and asking if I can order it WHOLESALE from them,i am really very upset by this.....

There isnt alot of Food I like anymore because of what the GOVT is telling these food makers to do! (Remove sodium,etc) -- EVERYTHING TASTES LIKE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sad 168wpko.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Why don't you learn to make it yourself? Far better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I dunno if it would taste exactly the same and I loved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

that's the joy of cooking, learn how to do it and then make it better, experiment with blends of cheese and different thickeners, I can guarentee it you'll love your version more and it'll be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've just had a look at the ingredient list & tbh, I think your local store is doing you a favour. As others have said - try & work out your own recipe. It'll be healthier & more fulfilling in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Phew! I thought some much loved food hero had died.
    #firstworldfoodfadistproblem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I agree that you can make one at home that will taste great, however, I also agree that it will never taste the same. Using blends of hard cheddar, gruyere, parmesan etc. will give a totally different flavour to the luminous cheese powder sachets that come in the boxed mac n cheese.
    Sorry for going off topic, I just think that sometimes people miss the point of these foods, they're not substitutes for the real thing but a guilty pleasure such as a Big Mac or double pepperoni pizza from dominos.
    My only suggestion for making something half way similar at home would be to use cheeze whizz or american cheese melted with sodium citrate to make a cheese sauce.

I had my last box of Clear value Mac and cheese yesterday icon9.gif (Im hopefull to get some more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've never seen or heard of this stuff in my life. Are we talking Ireland here?

The US as far as I can make out.

Yes I am sorry,the US

Most mac and cheese now over here (AND MOST EVERYTHING ELSE) is made with skim milk and doesnt taste as good as it used to...... This is ONE PRODUCT that still thankfully uses reg milk and its quite good!! (I blame the govt here for turning our food into garbage!! -- They want sodium and fat removed..... THE RESULT IS DISGUSTING CRAP!!)

Kentucky students to first lady Michelle Obama: Your food ‘tastes like vomit’

http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-students-first-lady-michelle-obama-food-tastes-131827085.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Dude111 wrote: »
    Yes I am sorry,the US

Most mac and cheese now over here (AND MOST EVERYTHING ELSE) is made with skim milk and doesnt taste as good as it used to...... This is ONE PRODUCT that still thankfully uses reg milk and its quite good!! (I blame the govt here for turning our food into garbage!! -- They want sodium and fat removed..... THE RESULT IS DISGUSTING CRAP!!)

Kentucky students to first lady Michelle Obama: Your food ‘tastes like vomit’

http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-students-first-lady-michelle-obama-food-tastes-131827085.html

Was thinking I have never seen it hear alright. The Kraft mac and cheese was a guilty pleasure of mine in Canada. I think it was like 39c a box.
    That was about 2000. Probably about a dollar now.

Ya this stuff is 59 cents a box and I would gladly pay 1.09 for it!! (Im not sure why they had it marked so low (They must not have tried it and seen how good it is!!))

Well I found some but I dunno if this mac and cheese is gonna be any good!!

THE LADY @ THE DISTRIBUTER TOLD ME IT WAS THE SAME!!!!!! -- It isnt .. Clear value has 430 calories and this has 420.. (Its a different brand name made by the same people (for different stores))

This also has NONFAT MILK (It has buttermilk in it) and a different kind of cheese (reg milk in it though) -- Ya know,SCREW THE STORE THAT DROPPED CLEAR VALUE AND THIER GREEDINESS!!!!!! (Ahhhhh its not selling enough so we are gonna pull it)

I got 21 boxs of it IN CASE i did like it (The store is quite far) but when i saw 420 and then NONFAT MILK I was upset..... JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU,DONT BLINDLY LISTEN TO ANYONE!!!! (People are not reliable) -- THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS CLEAR VALUE AT ALL!!!!!! (Unless they just changed it,with my luck thats probably it! (THEY CANT LEAVE ANYTHING GOOD ALONE!))

Im quite sad..... I dont like very much food now because of the garbage they have in it! (Skim milk,etc) -- IM SICK OF GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!

This VALUE TIME is basically the same as that mac and cheese ALDIs has that i dont like (Same ingredients (However 580 Sodium instead of 590 and only 380 calories))

No longer a discussion. Just a rant now.

Closed.

tHB

Dude111 asked me to provide the following update for those who are interested...
    Dude111 wrote:
    EDIT: 28 October

I JUST GOT SOME TODAY!!

Many Yummy boxs!!!!!! (I talked to some lady 2 weeks ago at this store that sells it 100s of miles from me (I think she was a manager) and we got it worked out )

Sometimes ya gotta fight and not give up to hold on to GOOD THINGS in this world where bad things are becoming bad)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement