Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What next-gen launch games will you buy?

• 21-08-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

So we've had E3 and now GamesCon. We have a concrete release date for the PS4 and more information on the Xbox One. So you may have already decided on which system you will be getting. But in this thread I'm more interested in what launch titles you are planning on buying.

I'm getting the PS4 but haven't really decided on what games to get. Assassin's Creed IV will be my Christmas present so that one is ruled out. Also I'll have Drive Club as part of PS+.

I am seriously considering getting Knack. At first I had no interest in it but the new videos look better. Plus the designer behind it has great pedigree.

Then I am deciding between Call of Duty because the multiplayer is always fun, even though I'm not great at it. Or Watch_Dogs. The problem with this one is that it is another open-world game from UbiSoft and I don't want to burn out on that before ACIV.

So what is everyone else getting?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fifa, Killzone and Watch Dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Dead rising 3
    watch dogs
    fifa13 mainly because its free other wise i would of left it until christmas
    deciding between ghosts and bf4, but i think bf4 and ghosts for christmas

need to see more gameplay of ryse before i even think of buying it after christmas :L too many qte's could ruin it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

watch dogs, but it's not a launch game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Not a great selection tbh...might actually hold off on getting a Ps4 until some decent titles come out. I still have plenty of Ps3 games left on my "to play" list which should tide me over for the time being

• Advertisement

Battlefield 4. That will keep me going for a long time. I'll pick up watchdogs and killzone whenever I can spare the cash, probably after Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None of them. Pre-ordered a PS4, going to cancel it or sell it if demand is high. None of the games interest me. The weird thing is the XBox one looks like it has the better line up. Think I should wait this gen out for a bit, like I keep telling myself and everyone to do. I'm such a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Killzone, Watch Dogs and NBA 2k14, plus any good PSN games that come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Watch Dogs and COD:G pre-ordered. I'll probably download Killer Instinct. If I have the whole lot paid off before November, I'll probably pick p AC4 and Lego Marvel Super Heroes as well. And I'll have some FIFA to play I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

PS4:

Fifa 14
    Driveclub as part of PS+
    BF4
    Madden 25
    Watchdogs

And then hopefully inFamous and Planetside 2 when they're out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Knack is a day one buy for me on PS4. As for the rest I have some current gen games like ghosts and bf4 on pre-order , so I will get the digital versions of them with the discount for the next gen consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I have BF4 and Watch Dogs preordered for PS4, really excited for BF, unsure about watch dogs, its looking less impressive each time it gets shown.
    Il probably pick up Killzone after a few months too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Will be getting Killzone, Ass Cread 4 and Watch Dogs day one for me

Think the PS4 line up covers basically everything bar a RPG or something along the likes of that.

Cant wait to the 29th of Nov have to book a day of my work placement before i even start LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I got knack and killzone and second controller preordered. I am seriously thinking of getting cod to play with misses or my buddy as you need only one sub per console.
    All the rest of the stuff I am getting on pc like always. To be honest I don't even need ps4 as I am getting everything on pc, but I just love New hardware smell. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

New Super MariU Bros
    Nintendoland
    ZombiU
    Pikmin 3
    Monster hunter 3 ultimate
    Wonderful 101
    Bayonetta 2

I think I might be lost

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

i'd probably get call of duty ghosts, battlefield 4 and deadrising 3 for xbox one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    while i didnt like infamous, have to say their will be alot of people disappointed over this, thought it would be a launch game

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Battlefield 4
    Watch Dogs
    Killzone: Shadow Fall

PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Assassins Creed IV
    Lego Marvel
    Watch Dogs, though I may just leave that until later. Don't want to burn through the limited number of games that are generally in a launch and it's first 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Battlefield 4, fifa 14 would be launch day pick ups for me. As I'm planning xbox 1 titanfall as well although I don't think this is guaranteed at launch yet.

Titanfall is out early 2014 as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was really impressed by this video of the Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fifa 14, Ryse and probably Assassins Creed : Pirate edition. :P I may get Watch Dogs on PC so it doesn't bother me that it's not a launch title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Keith wrote: »
    I have BF4 and Watch Dogs preordered for PS4, really excited for BF, unsure about watch dogs, its looking less impressive each time it gets shown.
    Il probably pick up Killzone after a few months too.

Feeling like that about Watch Dogs myself these days, looks a bit too Assassin's Creed in a modern day minus the parkour elements...

The only launch day game I'll pick up for my PS4 will be Battlefield 4......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pre-order BF4 and COD:G and Knack for the PS4....i'll probably buy Watchdogs as well.
    I have Arkham Origins for the PS3 paid for and seriously considering GTAV

I might go mental on PS4 launch night and buy the stand, charging station and eye cam.....

A lot of the PS4 indie games look awesome, looking forward to getting Tiny Brains, Hohokum, Flower and Doki-Doki Universe.

But these two look the best

Contrast

Counterspy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watchdogs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Xenji wrote: »
    A lot of the PS4 indie games look awesome, looking forward to getting Tiny Brains, Hohokum, Flower and Doki-Doki Universe.

Is Flower a port of the PS3 game?

Is Flower a port of the PS3 game?

Not sure to be honest, I think Sony owns the IP not ThatGameCompany, I say you will get free on PS+.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Destiny is looking good too.

Advertisement