Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vango tents

Options
  • 22-08-2013 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Vango tempest 200 vs Omega 250? has anyone used one of these if so whats ur opinion. I'm interested in a decent tent that has decent porch area where i could throw my wet clothes and cooking utensils. im confused at the moment. bamshee 200 seems nice lightweight but when it comes to comfortable side omega 250 looks nice. anyone??? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I recently got an Omega 250 from my scout troop, it's fantastic! Tons of space in the porch and a decent sleeping space. It also seems to be extremely rugged and had good waterproofing. It is rather heavy though, great for standing camps, but I won't be carrying up the mountains on my back! ;)

Not sure, but I think the porch groundsheet is and extra you have to buy separately with the Vango...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

decent review of the Banshee 200 below. The video said 2.14kg and the other tent is 2.9kg , so weight alone I'd go with the Banshee. If the tent is for one person and you have to carry it for more than a couple of hours 3kg is too heavy imo.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Vango tents are good, but can be on the heavy side. The Banshee has little to no usable porch space, so if that's what you're after then the Omega is what you want to get. However if this tent is just for you then I would recommend something like the Luxe Mini Peak II or else the Luxe Sil-Mini Peak. Both can be purchased from www.backpackinglight.co.uk who have distrobution rights for the UK (though I believe there is a German and New Zeland shop you can purchase from, but price is similar).
    The Luxe is lightweight, gets excellent reviews, and has loads of space for storage or cooking. I was going to pick one up this year but funds were a problem and in the end I wasn't able to get out as much as I planned. I'll be picking one up for next season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

I have the banshee and Luxe Sil-Mini Peak
    The banshee is grand and I use that for cheap and cheerful stuff when not walking far... I camp under tarp for most of the year ... But I got the Mini peak from backpackinglight in May for a trip to Sweden and I loved it, used it down the barrow last month too. It's fantastic value for money, great quality and very light 1.3kg all told with pole and a few spare pegs. €6 tarp from halfords in the porch, or a survival bag if you wanna keep it light weight.

I can put it up in less than 5 mins ready to sleep in and in 1 min if you just need shelter. I can't speak highly enough about it, prob my favourite piece of kit yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

Thanks to everyone who posted replies :) I ended up buying Tempest model for that little bit extra comfort and weight:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement