Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA ordinary degree any use ?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Is a BA ordinary degree any use at all in todays economy or maybe in 3 years time ? I know an hons degree would be better but I'm 24 now an would like to try get a job after 3 years of college

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Is a BA ordinary degree any use at all in todays economy or maybe in 3 years time ? I know an hons degree would be better but I'm 24 now an would like to try get a job after 3 years of college

Any advice appreciated
    What it's in can be a major factor, e.g. a BA Ordinary degree is pretty useless for teaching these days, but a BA Ordinary in Culinary Arts or whatever they call it for chefs these days and good experience gained along the way might walk you straight into a good job. Research the sector and the course, and talk to people who are involved day-to-day.

It's also worth noting that many Ordinary Degrees have an add-on option to "top-up" to Honours Degrees if your results are decent; check if there is such an option for the one(s) you're looking at.

Advertisement