Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with French, Irish and Maths OL

• 22-08-2013 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How are ye?
    Its the week before I start back school going into sixth year, yet after skimming through all the work I did throughout fifth year I really am struggling to grasp French and Irish again along with Maths OL, its like as if ive forgotten everything over the summer, in the fifth year exams the 3 worst grades i got were in frecnh irish and maths, my target amount of points is 435 with a C3 in OL Maths, which for my mathematical ability the chances are slim, and after doing transition year I turned into the least productive human being alive and did nothing for a whole year and forgot all the work done at the junior cert,
    Anyways im rambling on if anyone has any decent tips for studying the languages then let me know :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

jgleeso wrote: »
    How are ye?
    Its the week before I start back school going into sixth year, yet after skimming through all the work I did throughout fifth year I really am struggling to grasp French and Irish again along with Maths OL, its like as if ive forgotten everything over the summer, in the fifth year exams the 3 worst grades i got were in frecnh irish and maths, my target amount of points is 435 with a C3 in OL Maths, which for my mathematical ability the chances are slim, and after doing transition year I turned into the least productive human being alive and did nothing for a whole year and forgot all the work done at the junior cert,
    Anyways im rambling on if anyone has any decent tips for studying the languages then let me know :)

Join the club, most of us have probably forgotten alot of their French during the summer.

I can't advise for English as I didn't struggle but I've strategically dropped it to OL

Maths. Just get back to school. Do question after question. If you get one wrong come back the next day and do it again until you get it right. For OL its a case of learning how to apply formulae in the log table iirc what my teacher said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jgleeso

Days 298 wrote: »
    Join the club, most of us have probably forgotten alot of their French during the summer.

I can't advise for English as I didn't struggle but I've strategically dropped it to OL

Maths. Just get back to school. Do question after question. If you get one wrong come back the next day and do it again until you get it right. For OL its a case of learning how to apply formulae in the log table iirc what my teacher said.

I find English fairly easy you see I got an A2 in the summer exams so I think I have that under control, for maths some of you who read this will tell me to stop complaining about it because its OL maths but honestly its not as easy if you haven't done HL since 2nd year, thanks for the quick reply anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC Paddy

Days 298 wrote: »

+1 forgoten everything

Advertisement