Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slowburner New Geography Mod

• 22-08-2013 1:52am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It's an Admin guideline that we should have a minimum of 2-mods-per-forum. Geography only had one. Slowburner has 94 Geography posts since joining boards, and volunteered to help out. Admin agreed and appointed him Geography mod today.

Thanks slowburner. I am sure you will do your best to encourage Geography posting in the next few weeks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Black Swan wrote: »
    It's an Admin guideline that we should have a minimum of 2-mods-per-forum. Geography only had one. Slowburner has 94 Geography posts since joining boards, and volunteered to help out. Admin agreed and appointed him Geography mod today.

Thanks slowburner. I am sure you will do your best to encourage Geography posting in the next few weeks.
    Many thanks Black Swan.
    There are many impressively knowledgeable posters in this forum. I hope they will share their expertise freely with us.

Folks might notice that my background is in Archaeology. Archaeologists owe a profound debt to Geographers.
    The contributions of Geographers, have been vast: cartography and interpretation of the landscape are shared tools of the two sciences.
    To a certain extent, we can argue that Archaeology is Geography's child.

Advances in technology have been exponential, especially in Geographical Information Systems, Spatial Analysis and both terrestrial and satellite imaging.
    This is the ideal forum for interested people to keep up to speed.

I hope that this forum will continue to enlighten, educate and interest all who visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Hopefully we can get a bit more discussion going than in the past. We seem to have a lot of once off posters in here and might only get a new thread once a month if even.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Hopefully we can get a bit more discussion going than in the past. We seem to have a lot of once off posters in here and might only get a new thread once a month if even.

Perhaps we might even have some craic, NoCrackHaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

We seem to have a lot of once off posters in here and might only get a new thread once a month if even.

I admit to falling into this category - I've a great interest in many aspects of geography and religiously read all posts, but i rarely feel competent to comment. I suspect I'm not alone.

Thanks to slowburner to agreeing to moderate. Best of luck with it.

There's no need to be qualified.
    Questions are more valuable than answers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement