Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year boards meet up anyone?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Any of the incoming 1st years fancy a meet up in stables/scholars during orientation week? Just for a pint and to get to know some others who are starting in our year? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Always up for a pint myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Always up for a pint myself!

I'm liking your attitude :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I might possibly be going to Stables one or two evenings/nights/days, maybe. Not exactly a first year but if I am there, and if I do happen to realize it's ye, I'll pop over and say hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Definitely would be up for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumblefoot

I'll be up for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Count me in anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I'll be down as a guide for orientation week so while I'm not a first year I'd definitely be up for a meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'd be up for it, if I knew where Stables was...! :P I hope UL is sign-posted fairly well, I've never been there before.

ray2012 wrote: »
    I'd be up for it, if I knew where Stables was...! :P I hope UL is sign-posted fairly well, I've never been there before.

It's in the SU courtyard. :) Can't miss it, it's right across from Spar :)

Only place I recognised when i went open day last year was The Stables, you def cant miss it :P

• Advertisement

So when is this meet up happening? :)

Any days grand for me anyway, my orientation is Wednesday but I'm moving down on Monday so I'll be around all week looking for friends to help me acquaint myself around the place :P (Even if they dont know themselves. Twice the fun sure.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

You guys should meet up on Monday and drink solidly until the Wednesday when you have to register, that way you will be able to get a good night's sleep for class the next day then.

It'll break the ice and make the registration process a more giggly occasion if nothing else! Let's drink lads.

BTW is there like a first year thread around like the other forums have where we introduce ourselves and have the chats about how much we're brickin it or something (or is that just me)

Any days grand for me anyway, my orientation is Wednesday but I'm moving down on Monday so I'll be around all week looking for friends to help me acquaint myself around the place :P (Even if they dont know themselves. Twice the fun sure.)

My orientation is Wednesday too! What course you doing? I can't decide when to move up though :P

Meet up on the monday so?? :D hahaha :) Should be good craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

My orientation is on Wednesday too so Monday works for me :D

Anyone else got orientation on the tuesday? :)

Most people here have orientation Wednesday? Me too :P

Luize wrote: »
    My orientation is Wednesday too! What course you doing? I can't decide when to move up though :P

Politics and Public Admin, you? :) I just cant wait to move tbh, going mad sitting around home doing nothing :P

Monday sounds gooood lads

• Advertisement

Politics and Public Admin, you? :) I just cant wait to move tbh, going mad sitting around home doing nothing :P

Monday sounds gooood lads

Yeah I suppose haha. Where you living? :)

Brookfield!

ray2012 wrote: »
    Most people here have orientation Wednesday? Me too :P
    What course are you doing? :)

Luize wrote: »
    What course are you doing? :)

Applied languages! and yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Anyone else got orientation on the tuesday? :)

Yeah I'm there for the Tuesday :) what course are you doing?

navosa wrote: »
    Yeah I'm there for the Tuesday :) what course are you doing?

YAY :D Maths science :) you??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dwantoo3

It'll break the ice and make the registration process a more giggly occasion if nothing else! Let's drink lads.

BTW is there like a first year thread around like the other forums have where we introduce ourselves and have the chats about how much we're brickin it or something (or is that just me)

Your not the only one brickin it anyway man, no idea what to expect:confused:

Fellow first years, PM me a link to your Facebook and I'll add ye to our First Year Boardsies group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

YAY :D Maths science :) you??

Computer systems :)

• Advertisement

navosa wrote: »
    Computer systems :)

You got a programming module in that yeah? If so I'll be in with you for that prob :)

Advertisement