Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeopathic Remedies - Where to get?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some Homeopathic remedies (tinctures) and am wondering where is the best place to get them.

I think the chemist in Watercourse Road, does them. Is there anywhere else that peeps know of?

TIA :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You can get them for free at: Kitchen Tap, Your Gaff, Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Was that a serious answer?

Was that a serious question?

EDIT before the mods get their knickers in a knot: Homeopathy is water. What comes out of the tap is water. So yes, it was a serious answer. Save your money from con men, go to a doctor and get proper medicine. Or just drink water from the tap, it's exactly the same thing.

Look. It's too early for this nonsense. Either you can answer my question or you can't. If you can - great I'd love to hear from you. If you can't - then please don't post and stop annoying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Was that a serious answer?

Yes. There is nothing more pharmacologically active in any homeopathic product than in tap water. Go to a medic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

It's too early for this nonsense.
    indeed

Watch this OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Edit. Just posted by ShevY

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The internet population, for very good reason, tends not to like homeopathy because it's generally accepted to be, at least, useless and at worst, very dangerous. However, I imagine health food stores would stock homeopathy products.

Finally, an answer I can work with. Thank you Faith.

I asked a question. The answers I can work with or discard as I see fit. I don't want/expect lectures. I have done my research and have decided on a course of action which may or may not be beneficial as I don't want to take conventional drugs for the moment.

Thanks again to those who have responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I just looked out my office window here in dublin and there is gallons of homeopathic remedies literally falling from the sky, i can catch some in a cup for you if you like, or a bucket depending on how sick you are!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If your condition is in any way life-threatening, or could become life-threatening, I really beg you not to use homeopathic remedies. Really, really, really beg you.

If it's not life-threatening and you can live with the condition without much distress, then work away with homeopathy for now.

I know you say you've done your research and you don't want a lecture, and that's fine, but just remember that there is no scientific support for homeopathy. Any support you've found in your research is not scientific. As they say, when science finds support for homeopathic medicine, it just becomes medicine.

I, for one, am only posting this because I like you as a poster and I really don't want you to put yourself in harm's way :).

Thanks for your concern Faith. No, I'm in no way at death's door. Plenty of life in the old girl yet! :D

I do go to the doctor if I'm ill, but this doesn't really require a doctor's visit. Hence the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

If you ask where to buy unicorn tears, and every single response advises that unicorn tears are a dangerous fiction and not to buy them, it's time to reconsider the wisdom of buying unicorn tears. People are giving you these answers because they don't want you to waste your money on something that's worthless at best and positively harmful at worst. I know you just want to know where to get them, but if someone looks for something harmful, the instinctive reaction is to try to convince them not to use it.

unicornpoots.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jes, why all the harsh responses just because ye don't believe in Homeopathic remedies does not mean that ye have to be so sarcastic and say they are rubbish... Im sure stuffing your body full of made up drugs is far better, but I wouldn't be sticking my opinions on ye if it was not a thread asking me to do so

On the plus side ABajaninCork I was recommended a lady in douglas this is her http://www.irishhealthdirectory.com/Therapists/Homeopathy/Cork/Mary-Egan-l649.html

I haven't been myself but a friend of mine used her and she provides the tinctures and says they are great.

I don't "not believe" in them, there's nothing to not believe in. They're water. It's science. Did you even look at the James Randi video? Do you think he's wrong? Explain how.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The OP asked a simple question in a courteous manner and at least should be responded to in a likeminded way. Whilst homeopathic, from what I've read in science journals, has no benefit outside a placebo effect, the trolling ,hectoring and soap-boxing responses would be better suited to AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Eeek, I was wondering how many people would be in here taking the piss. Anyway, one of the pharmaceutical companies I worked for has a HUGE homeopathic division... mahhhhsive profit in sugar tablets and watered down water. You can buy their stuff in Boots and other mainstream chemists on the homeopathy shelves.

Homeopathy is great for things that go away all on their own without any explanation. Cold sores, back pain, bruising etc.

Not so good for cancer, heart disease, anything serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

As soon as I saw the thread title, I though "here we go", and within minutes it started!

OP, sorry I can't help you.

pwurple wrote: »
    Eeek, I was wondering how many people would be in here taking the piss. Anyway, one of the pharmaceutical companies I worked for has a HUGE homeopathic division... mahhhhsive profit in sugar tablets and watered down water. You can buy their stuff in Boots and other mainstream chemists on the homeopathy shelves.

Homeopathy is great for things that go away all on their own without any explanation. Cold sores, back pain, bruising etc.

Not so good for cancer, heart disease, anything serious.

Quite. Which was WHY I asked the question!! Thanks for your input.

• Advertisement

Thanks again to all those who have responded positively (who I've also thanked separately). I appreciate the time and trouble taken.

For the idiots and bandwaggoners - Go away and bore someone else somewhere else. You're not amusing and you're boring me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I think this really hits the nail on the head...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so the people who are advocating against buying bottles of magic water are idiots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Manach wrote: »
    The OP asked a simple question in a courteous manner and at least should be responded to in a likeminded way. Whilst homeopathic, from what I've read in science journals, has no benefit outside a placebo effect, the trolling ,hectoring and soap-boxing responses would be better suited to AH.

I have to disagree, we should challenge homeopathy wherever we see it. If we leave it to be repeated then it gains credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

pwurple wrote: »
    Quite. Which was WHY I asked the question!! Thanks for your input.

I think you've missed her point. They'd go away on their own anyway, not because of the homeopathic treatment.

The reasons for the very strong feelings on this are that people don't like to see others (particularly posters like you who'd they'd know from other forums) wasting their money on this claptrap. Because that's what it is - utter, utter bunkum.

I'm sorry you feel attacked, but people are genuinely just trying to save you money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Hi OP,

Please don't waste your time and money on this nonsense. This isn't any kind of attack or trying to be negative or having a go at you. Homeopathy is a con. If your not feeling well, take some time off. If your ill go to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Finally, an answer I can work with. Thank you Faith.

I asked a question. The answers I can work with or discard as I see fit. I don't want/expect lectures. I have done my research and have decided on a course of action which may or may not be beneficial as I don't want to take conventional drugs for the moment.

Thanks again to those who have responded.

Where did you get information that told you there were any positive aspects to taking homeopathic treatments, OP? I don't see how you could have done any independent research if had come to the conclusion it was worth taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I'm pretty sure the Quay Co-Op sells them.
    I have to admit that I have absolutely no belief that homeopathy works either, apart from as a placebo (which can be useful).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I'm confused. The OP asked where she could get Homeopathic Remedies, and almost all of the replies told her she shouldn't use them and that homeopathy is bad.

Imagine you started a thread asking wheres a good place to go for a pint, and you got an entire thread full of people telling me how unhealthy alcohol is? That'd be horse **** right? Well so is this.

Advertisement