Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - GoClever Tablet TabR70

• 22-08-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭

I seen this tablet on my Lidl newsletter this morning. We have been on the look out for a tablet for family use, facebook, games for the child, email , recipes, youtubeetc. Would this be much good? Could you connect it to the TV? I'm afraid I don't know much about the technology, but it does look like it hasn't much memory and a poor quality camera...

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-84B2F73F-3A150695/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_34233.htm

<LI id=menu11 class=active>[URL="javascript:;"]Description [/URL]
    • 7" 1GHz Tablet TAB R70, case with integrated keyboard
    • LCD TFT 7" 16:9 backlight LED screen, Built in Wi-Fi b/g/n, Cortex-A9 1GHz Processor, 512 MB DDR3 RAM, With built in 4GB NAND flash and 0.3 Mpix camera, 5 point multi-touch, Micro SD, mini-USB ports, With G sensor, Stylish case with integrated keyboard, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (with Google Play)
    • 2 year guarantee, price per set

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I would worry about Android devices with under 1GB RAM being honest. It doesn't look to bad but could be slow with only 512MB memory. Android needs at least 1GB to run smoothly in my experience, particularly version 4.x

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

This tablet had been for sale in local tech shop since christmas, I have no personal experience of it, but for general browsing & youtube, owners of the tablet are quite happy.

Build quality is weak though. And many have been returned/replaced due to power button breaking off/or sticking in altogether. So if you do get it, go extra easy on the buttons.

Specs
    Camera is bad, but most people rarely use the cameras anyway and only do so for skype, and it'll do the job for that.
    No HDMI, so cannot connect to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 The Absolute

Note also that 100 euro isn't a *huge* reduction on the sale price of 120 for this product in xtravision http://www.xtra-vision.ie/go-clever-tabr70-7-tablet-keyboard-no-layout-updates.html

So if you do love it and you can't make it over on time, it's not the end of the world. No frenzy required!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Absolutely terrible. SLOOOOOWWW! I used my nephews one the other day cause he asked me to download a movie for him. Never mind the movie it took me nearly half an hour to download the u torrent app. And this was on a 50mbps+ connection. Had to reboot twice. Steer clear. I threw it back at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Absolutely terrible. SLOOOOOWWW! I used my nephews one the other day cause he asked me to download a movie for him. Never mind the movie it took me nearly half an hour to download the u torrent app. And this was on a 50mbps+ connection. Had to reboot twice. Steer clear. I threw it back at him.

It's not made for downloading torrents though, just general internet surfing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cheers everyone for your replies, think I'll give it a miss and keep a lookout for something better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

It's not made for downloading torrents though, just general internet surfing.
    That's why I also added in the part about it struggling to download a relatively tiny app "utorrent". The OP mentioned games so I reckon it would implode if it were asked to download the likes of candy crush or angry birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Cheers everyone for your replies, think I'll give it a miss and keep a lookout for something better.

Anyone any recommendations on something better in the €100 - €175 region??

BTW you can get the Lidl tablet in DID for €110 so no point in making a rush purchase..

http://www.did.ie/go-clever-7-tablet-with-keyboard-and-case-tabr70bundle-prd

Advertisement