Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Nicotine level do you prefer

Options
  • 22-08-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

What Nicotine level do you prefer to vape?

What Nicotine level do you prefer to vape? 51 votes

0mg
    0%
    6mg
    0%
    12mg
    5%
    rock whoreStealthirlMiike 3 votes
    18mg
    47%
    EoinBrendanDpinksoircolly10Fratton FredgebbelThemadhouseGreen HornetAnyoneEGriffheliguyheliguywas.deeveyElbowNonamigobanger01ben36rickyjbunblvlblkultcertifiedcrepeFr_Dougal 24 votes
    24mg
    47%
    the_sycoGryzorlee_baby_simmsquintroniggydragonaO'Prezdave1982Heisenberg.E. FuddThecageyonerichardw001Celly Smuntdeco natejohn kinsellaDarkgingerStefan_Corkcsi vegasjamie72SicklySweet 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

18mg
    I started on the strong ones but as I have a tendancy to chain-vape I have now cut down to 12mg,

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

24mg
    18mg at the moment, but only at this a couple of months.

Hope to go down to the 12mg, and will do as soon as my Oraiste Baisteach and other artisan liquids land ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

24mg
    Tried going down to 12mg a few times and it just wasn't doing it for me. Really notice the lack of TH on your juices heli, but I don't mind when it's sweet juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

24mg
    18 or 20mg....tried lower but just does not do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

16 is my normal (Dekang) but id love to see more 14 and and 12's to move down more gradually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

18mg
    I started on 12mg and thats what I prefer, I might even go lower soon.

I tried going up to 18 and 20 when I couldn't get the flavours I wanted in 12mg but the harshness of them killed the flavour for me. They also made me cough like crazy even though I never had a sensitive throat no matter what I smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

Im at 4 mg now as i like the peppery nicotine taste less and less on my juice

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm a mixer, Curretly mixing 70/30 with 24/12mg. So i'd say about 15-17mg. The throat hit is important to me. Its what Makes me remember not to crack and "just have the one Camel"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

24mg
    18mg or 20mg, depending on company. Vaping for 4 or 5 months so far, and can't see me reducing it; if it works (off the rollies), don't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

18mg
    I wish there was 9mg, I'd imagine the gap between 12 and 6 feels larger than the 18 to 12 and I'd say I might find it difficult to get down to 6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

18mg
    There are some 9mg. Liqua do them in some of their juices. I think ecigshop.ie have some 8 or 9mg in some juices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

18mg
    Been using 12mg for the last 4-5 months after dropping from initially using 18mg. Have found my cravings to be far less intense, I still get them, but they are not as bad. I'll be looking to drop to 6mg soon.

18mg
    Why are people talking about the lack of throat hit on low nic juices?
    I thought that was solely the result of the PG/VG mix ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No, nic provides a huge amount of the hit. The airhole placement and wick and wire setup play a big part too - ribbon wire with mesh is much more severe than round wire with silica, and one of the most common mistakes when a newbie tries a rebuildable is bad airhole placement.
    "Why am I getting little vapour but crazy TH?!?" = almost always airhole.

18mg
    Ah OK, didn't realise that.

So the solution to getting a good TH with low nic juice is to do what? Rewick/recoil the heads with "ribbon wire with mesh"?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

18mg
    Different flavours can give different throat hit aswell, to an extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah OK, didn't realise that.

So the solution to getting a good TH with low nic juice is to do what? Rewick/recoil the heads with "ribbon wire with mesh"?

Or restrict or offset the airhole (the less air the coil gets, the more TH), or add alcohol (will dilute the taste - best added in production of juice & it's not a crackly peppery kind of TH like nic), or add bitextra by flavourart (some kind of pepper extract), or add a couple of drops of chili concentrate (just put some into a tobacco I had - major heat TH), or or or...just up the nic content.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

12mg
    colly10 wrote: »
    I wish there was 9mg, I'd imagine the gap between 12 and 6 feels larger than the 18 to 12 and I'd say I might find it difficult to get down to 6
    have been cutting down the Nic for a while now and that step between 12 & 6mg is a doozy, definitely the most noticeable difference. It took 3-4 wks toget used to but now if I use a 12mg juice it feels really strong, like whiskey with not enough water.

If you're in Dublin, the shop on Talbot st do 9mg juice. If I were doing it again I'd go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

24mg
    rock whore wrote: »
    have been cutting down the Nic for a while now and that step between 12 & 6mg is a doozy, definitely the most noticeable difference. It took 3-4 wks toget used to but now if I use a 12mg juice it feels really strong, like whiskey with not enough water.

If you're in Dublin, the shop on Talbot st do 9mg juice. If I were doing it again I'd go that way.

12mg juice mixed with 6mg juice will give you 9mg juice if you do it 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

18mg
    I am vaping 12mg at the moment but tend to have a bottle or two of 18/20mg around. Sometimes I just need an extra hit I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

24mg
    At an 18 atm, but will happily vape a 16mg. Organized my juices and am inbetween the 18 and 16 with lower mgs at hand. Though Vaperus' blackcurrant ice is too delicious to say no to.

18mg
    Looks like a dead heat between 12 and 18mg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

24mg
    Looks like a dead heat between 12 and 18mg I will have to offer both.

18MG man! do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

18mg
    Also a mixer, and have gotten to a sweet spot of around 9mg as the lowest I can really go without losing throat hit with French coffee which is my daily vape.

With Strawberry and Watermelon and the likes I can go to about 6mg no probs as its more about it tasting good than the nicotine hit with juicy flavours and me.

Thats with 70/30 vg/pg juice though, if I increased the PG, I could probably go a bit lower but would have to sacrifice vapor production and blowing out a smoke machine load right in front of smokers is half the pleasure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

24mg
    18mg mostly here.

Wouldn't worry though Paul, your 12mg feels stronger than it is ;)

18mg
    18MG man! do it!

*snip* please note any advertising of your business even answering questions is not allowed under board rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

24mg
    Absolutely loved the Pauls Creme Brule and the Strawberry Kick, both at 12mg..... But I'm flying through them too quickly :D

I would defo be well up for an 18mg version!

Please and thanks :)

Advertisement