Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not paying a fine in Darwin?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, currently on my first year working holiday visa and got a ticket urinating in public, they only took my age card details so age and name, I have since moved hostels so they don't even have my address.. what are the consequences of not paying? I lost the ticket too!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

they might not let you back into Australia when you leave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

would it be just a simple pay at the border before u come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

dave 27 wrote: »
    Hi guys, currently on my first year working holiday visa and got a ticket urinating in public, they only took my age card details so age and name, I have since moved hostels so they don't even have my address.. what are the consequences of not paying? I lost the ticket too!

If you don't pay your not gonna get chased to the ends of the earth by the AFP.

But it may affect future visa/holiday visas here.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

did they let you finish before giving you the ticket? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Why not act your age and pay the fine...................enough Irish people in Australia making fools of themselves and making it harder for everyone else that goes there.....like it or not you are representing the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Why not pee in a toilet like a normal person, pay your fine and learn a lesson, non payment of fines can lead to future visa problems and denial of entry back into Australia.

You will also have to pay for your flight home after being denied entry back into Australia, which will cost you a lot more than the fine you don't want to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dj Grimreefer

ha ha was it on Mitchell street after a few jars in Shags, ah I miss Darwin a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

skippy2 wrote: »
    Why not act your age and pay the fine...................enough Irish people in Australia making fools of themselves and making it harder for everyone else that goes there.....like it or not you are representing the country
    Don't be silly, you cant get anymore Darwinian than the locals!
    The Mary River is known worldwide to have the greatest saturation of adult saltwater crocodiles in the world. You don't swim in the Mary River," watch commander Geoff Bahnert told AAP.
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/18645287/man-taken-by-croc-at-top-end-party/

Getting fined for urinating is on a completely different planet of behaviour compared to the antics of some locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

catbear wrote: »
    Don't be silly, you cant get anymore Darwinian than the locals!

Well Darwin does attract the best and brightest of society, both Foreign and Donestic are included, obviously.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Just pay the fine. You'll sleep better at night. Them aussies will hunt you down... One way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

How much is it for?

You'll probably be grand if they don't have your passport details.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

sin_city wrote: »
    You'll probably be grand if they don't have your passport details.

I wouldn't bet on that. Australia is very good at linking identities across government departments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jessies_girl

Ooh you should pay it I was caught in brissy a few months ago and the cops said if I didn't pay it I could end up in court. I was morto. The OH was really cross with me too :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

sin_city wrote: »
    How much is it for?

Guessing i'd say it can't be more than a $100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I wouldn't worry mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

ifeelill wrote: »
    Guessing i'd say it can't be more than a $100

A mate of mine got caught in Victoria doing this and the fine was $500 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

skippy2 wrote: »
    like it or not you are representing the country

What a load of rubbish that comment is and boorish to boot. If one group of people want to discriminate against another group based on age, disability, language, race, religion and/or sex then these people are bigots.
    If you want to be fool enough to make statements like that then off you go i wanted to make a counter statement to let you know i think you're full of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Discussing ways of dodging of a legally-issued fine is a no-no here.

Pay the fine bud & sleep easy.

@ifeelill - Lose the attitude & act more civil in future to other posters in this forum.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement