Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving address with eircom

• 22-08-2013 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

I called up eircom on the 27th July to move address. After giving all the details the girl on the phone said all the it will take 20 days for the internet to be up and running at the new address.

I call on the 16th just to get an update on the order. He told me the line was active, and the router would be out to me on Tuesday. I waited till Wednesday`s post but no router. I called eircom that evening and the guy on the phone said the line was not active and that the technician was not contacted to get the line active.

I called them today even tho they said they would call my closing last night, which they did not. The lad on the phone said that the email still had to be send off to the technician, even tho the lad last night said he was doing that!..It is looking it will be another week or so before I get it up and running.

This is the worst costumer service I ever had to deal with. No one knows whats going on. I know sky can give me the same speed internet for about 10e a month less. I was going to give eircom the business but now i`m going with sky 100%. After this I`ll never deal with eircom again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I called up eircom on the 27th July to move address. After giving all the details the girl on the phone said all the it will take 20 days for the internet to be up and running at the new address.

I call on the 16th just to get an update on the order. He told me the line was active, and the router would be out to me on Tuesday. I waited till Wednesday`s post but no router. I called eircom that evening and the guy on the phone said the line was not active and that the technician was not contacted to get the line active.

I called them today even tho they said they would call my closing last night, which they did not. The lad on the phone said that the email still had to be send off to the technician, even tho the lad last night said he was doing that!..It is looking it will be another week or so before I get it up and running.

This is the worst costumer service I ever had to deal with. No one knows whats going on. I know sky can give me the same speed internet for about 10e a month less. I was going to give eircom the business but now i`m going with sky 100%. After this I`ll never deal with eircom again.

Hi

If that's the way Eircom are treating you then by all means go to another ISP since your new line is supposed to be active. If the postings on this forum is anything to go by it might be a good idea to avoid Sky for now. If however fibre is available (or coming soon) in your new area then change for sure. There are far better deals out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi

If that's the way Eircom are treating you then by all means go to another ISP since your new line is supposed to be active. If the postings on this forum is anything to go by it might be a good idea to avoid Sky for now. If however fibre is available (or coming soon) in your new area then change for sure. There are far better deals out there.

Thanks for this, so sky are to be avoided for now then, I did not read about it anywhere.

Advertisement