Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation street tours

• 22-08-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

My mothers a big coronation street fan. Ive looked into it, there doesnt seem to be set tours anymore but are there any other tours or museums or anything else a fan would enjoy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Maybe try http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.ie/2013/04/coronation-street-locations-coach-tours.html

When I was at the studios, audience member for a screening of Mastermind, saw Tyrone and Kevin shooting a scene.

Mastermind and other shows tend to be looking for people to sit in the audience and that will be the closest to getting on set really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

Are they starting them up again they have moved sites now haven't they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes I heard that, but haven't seen any details yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

They are starting tours at the old granada site in april for 6 months, they moved to salford quays last month. I have uni lectures just beside the new site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

orangesoda wrote: »
    They are starting tours at the old granada site in april for 6 months, they moved to salford quays last month. I have uni lectures just beside the new site.

i've just been searching online to get tickets for my mum...will you post if you hear anything about purchasing tickets, nothing as yet! ryanair are doing 9.99 each way flights to manchester in april and may, so it would be a nice day trip over...

• Advertisement

http://www.coronationstreettour.co.uk/

just registered my interest in corrie tour on this site....will get an email when tickets are available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

Jocelynel wrote: »
    i've just been searching online to get tickets for my mum...will you post if you hear anything about purchasing tickets, nothing as yet! ryanair are doing 9.99 each way flights to manchester in april and may, so it would be a nice day trip over...

i would advise you to go in may as it will probably we very busy the first couple of weeks especially at weekends, i don't think the opening date has been confirmed but i'll post if i hear anything more

orangesoda wrote: »
    i would advise you to go in may as it will probably we very busy the first couple of weeks especially at weekends, i don't think the opening date has been confirmed but i'll post if i hear anything more

thanks so much....appreciate it if you would post if you hear anything :-)

tickets went on sale this morning for the tours....ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just curious, has anyone done this tour?

• Advertisement

yep, I did the tour and we loved it. i went with my sister and mum, so a lovely day out in manchester. got to see the dressing rooms, costumes, and a couple of the sets....tyrone's house, gails house, the rovers (photo behind the bar costs £7.50) and then you can stroll up and down the street for as long as you like, tour is £16 and lasts about an hour and a half.

ryanair was only €10 each way, so we just went for the day. went to the arndale shopping centre, corrie tour, bite to eat and then back to the airport. i organised my taxi in advance, it was £18 from the airport.

http://airporttaxismanchester.co.uk/book/#start

yep, I did the tour and we loved it. i went with my sister and mum, so a lovely day out in manchester. got to see the dressing rooms, costumes, and a couple of the sets....tyrone's house, gails house, the rovers (photo behind the bar costs £7.50) and then you can stroll up and down the street for as long as you like, tour is £16 and lasts about an hour and a half.

ryanair was only €10 each way, so we just went for the day. went to the arndale shopping centre, corrie tour, bite to eat and then back to the airport. i organised my taxi in advance, it was £18 from the airport.

Thanks a million. Doing it all in a day is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

When did you go on the tour?

cena wrote: »
    When did you go on the tour?

about 4 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

My brother just booked him & the Mrs on a tour of the old Corrie Set & the village where Emmerdale is shot. I think he said it was a crowd called Celtic Tours in Maynooth he booked it trough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Myself and my wife went over to Manchester for one night and visited the set. We really enjoyed it. You're not allowed take photos of any of the internal sets but once you're on the street you can take as many as you like. I'd recommend it if your a Corrie fan.

I went on this tour yesterday. Really enjoyed it and I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the show. The tour guide (Suzanne in my case) had a good sense of humour and that added to the enjoyment. Like the others said, you can't take pictures inside the studio area but you can take as many as you want outside and stay for as long as you like. Just remember that you can go behind the houses to the back gardens too, I almost forgot! They have a gift shop in the medical centre too.

Here's my photo. :)

I'd like to do this. Is it easy to get to where the set is situated by bus/ tram or could you walk from where you stayed? Thanks.

P.S. Great photo!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'd like to do this. Is it easy to get to where the set is situated by bus/ tram or could you walk from where you stayed? Thanks.

I got the Metrolink tram (similar to the Luas) to St Peter's Square and it was about a 10 minute walk from there. I was staying near the New Islington stop so it was only a couple of stops on the tram.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    I got the Metrolink tram (similar to the Luas) to St Peter's Square and it was about a 10 minute walk from there. I was staying near the New Islington stop so it was only a couple of stops on the tram.

Thanks a million
    I saw the person who does soap updates on TV3 this morning, she went there, she said it was great, had photos outside Roy's Rolls and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

We stayed in the Premier Inn, Piccadilly, which is very central to everything. We walked to the tour, it took about 30 mins. There's also a free shuttle bus that goes there, think it's the no. 3. You can pick that up from Piccadilly train station and it stops at various points around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I went on this tour yesterday. Really enjoyed it and I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the show. The tour guide (Suzanne in my case) had a good sense of humour and that added to the enjoyment. Like the others said, you can't take pictures inside the studio area but you can take as many as you want outside and stay for as long as you like. Just remember that you can go behind the houses to the back gardens too, I almost forgot! They have a gift shop in the medical centre too.

Here's my photo. :)

Cool photo, love the Boards tshirt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Hi I am thinking of bringing my mother on the tour . Whilst she's not wheel chair bound she is registered disabled . Could anyone tell me if the tour would be suitable for her ? She can stroll for a bit , sit and then go again . Presume taxi from airport to the street be ok . Also could anyone tell me is Manchester airport small or would I be better to ask for wheel chair assistance , thanks in advance

For anyone who has done it, where did you buy the tickets, just wondering what is the best option?
    Thanks.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    For anyone who has done it, where did you buy the tickets, just wondering what is the best option?
    Thanks.

I got it from Ticketmaster.

I got it from Ticketmaster.

Thanks. I was having a look there alright.
    Looking at flights now, hmmm. :D

I got there, stayed overnight at the Premier, Picadilly.
    Loved the Corrie tour, can't believe how excited we all were, especially sitting in the Rovers Return, and getting our photos taken, in turn, behind the bar, pulling a pint :D.
    Our tour guide was Peter (I think), and overall he was good. He was a bit tiresome about one lady who was there with her little grandchild, the granny was from Canada, and he went a bit overboard, I think the daughter or daughter-in-law was a bit embarrassed by him.

Can't recommend the trip enough though. As a Corrie fan, I have to say, go for it.

Flights and tour tickets booked , just wondering is there some where close by the street tour for breakfast ?

• Advertisement

Flights and tour tickets booked , just wondering is there some where close by the street tour for breakfast ?

The nearest place I can remember is there is a Starbucks about 10 mins stroll up the street. There are teas and coffees, (possibly snacks also) available onsite after you have completed the tour.
    Depending on your plans, your best bet might be to have breakfast at the airport, on arrival, or if taking the train to Piccadilly Station, and getting the shuttle bus to the set, there are coffee shops at the station, and pubs / cafés about five minutes walk from it who do breakfasts.
    Hope that helps, enjoy the tour.

Thanks for help . Went yesterday , really enjoyed the day , ate in manchester near picadilly (kro was the cafe/pub , good breakfast ) tour was good fun . Worth doing for a fan. .

Thanks for help . Went yesterday , really enjoyed the day , ate in manchester near picadilly (kro was the cafe/pub , good breakfast ) tour was good fun . Worth doing for a fan. .

You're very welcome. I'd recommend it too, glad you enjoyed it.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0604/705728-coronation-street/

Just in case, anyone is thinking of doing the tour, it is due to finish this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I hope it's ok to bring up this old thread.

My friend and I went to "Corrie and Emmerdale" last weekend, the new set for Corrie was great. You couldn't go into most of the "shops" or "houses" but it was a brilliant experience. The new Corrie set is in the ITV studios in Media City, Manchester.

That night one of the cast came to the hotel we stayed in for two nights and had photos taken with us all but couldn't tell us anything about what is happening next.

Just to say that the Kabin is done up for Halloween as they film 6 weeks ahead !!

Emmerdale was a tour around the old sets and the old Woolpack in Esholt village. It is now filmed in the enclosed grounds of Harewood Estate.

We went with Celtic Horizons Tours and the cost was extremely reasonable for the Coach, Ferry, hotel for 2 nights and entrance to the Coronation street set.

Advertisement