Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Fastway Couriers Tracking

Options
  • 22-08-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it might fit better here rather than starting a new one as the issue is related to Fastway Couriers.

I ordered something on the evening of the 20th, and it was shipped (from the UK) on the morning of the 21st. Yesterday I couldn't track it yet as it hadn't been scanned at any point. Today I attempted to track it and this is the message I was met with: "An unhandled exception occured! The developers have been notified." Anyone have any idea what this could mean? Problem with the website, the package?

I'm discouraged to read so many negative reviews. My package was supposed to arrive "on or before Friday the 23rd", but I can't imagine that happening now.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

moneyman wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it might fit better here rather than starting a new one as the issue is related to Fastway Couriers.

I ordered something on the evening of the 20th, and it was shipped (from the UK) on the morning of the 21st. Yesterday I couldn't track it yet as it hadn't been scanned at any point. Today I attempted to track it and this is the message I was met with: "An unhandled exception occured! The developers have been notified." Anyone have any idea what this could mean? Problem with the website, the package?

I'm discouraged to read so many negative reviews. My package was supposed to arrive "on or before Friday the 23rd", but I can't imagine that happening now.
    That's a web/computer error. Contact the sender if you need more information on where your package is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out to a new thread.

That sounds like a technical issue with the website. Ring Fastway themselves and get a status update directly over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

OK, will do. Thank you both for the swift replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

More poor service from Fastway Couriers,

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk who are delivering using iParcel and Fastway in Ireland, Fastway have had my parcel in Wexford since last Friday morning at 6am but they could not deliver on Friday or even on Saturday. It was apparently out for delivery on Friday but got held over for delivery on Saturday but for some reason that didn't happen. now it is looking unlikely for delivery today as I have to go away at 3pm, what a disaster of a company.

Just been on to Fartway couriers and they will not be delivering my parcel today, they have had it in their new ross depot since 6am friday morning! I have been told it will be delivered tomorrow even though their tracking says it is on the courier vehicle now!

Another day of my life wasted on Amazon and Fastway couriers.
    Result for label number: a300000*****
    Status
    Date/Time
    Franchise location

In transit

Consignment Received in 'Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub)' Depot

07/11/2013
    17:50:22

Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub)

In transit

Consignment Received in 'South East' Depot

08/11/2013
    06:11:02

South East

In transit

Consignment carried over for delivery tomorrow

08/11/2013
    09:18:37

South East

On board with courier

On Board - The parcel is on board the courier vehicle.

11/11/2013
    09:28:22

South East
    This order was placed on 30th October

Just an update, the driver tells me that it will be delivered tomorrow morning at about 11-12 and that all amazon and littlewoods stuff gets delivered on the same day regardless of when it arrives in the depot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Just an update, the driver tells me that it will be delivered tomorrow morning at about 11-12 and that all amazon and littlewoods stuff gets delivered on the same day regardless of when it arrives in the depot!

That seems most peculiar. And worrying.

That seems most peculiar. And worrying.
    Just the way things have gone I suppose with companies trying to cut costs especially on the cheaper contract work that they may have taken on in the hope of cutting corners to make some profit from it(or even break even).

Register your complaints with Amazon. They contract with Fastway etc. At least then they will know how their packages are being delivered.

Interesting that Amazon ship with Fastway. My last Amazon parcel arrived by An Post courier delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My Amazon gear always comes by An Post as well.
    I still can't see how only delivering from a particular supplier on certain days is more efficient than delivery per a route being travelled anyway.
    Generally I find Fastway one of the better couriors in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

My Amazon gear always comes by An Post as well.
    I still can't see how only delivering from a particular supplier on certain days is more efficient than delivery per a route being travelled anyway.
    Generally I find Fastway one of the better couriors in this area.

Things are changing with amazon as they are using iParcel and then they give to fastway to deliver the final leg. As the way fastway are run, some branches will be better than others. Some items will still be delivered from anPost but wont be all the time as before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Are you sure that you haven't missed an attempted delivery or delivery notice? In my experience parcels from An Post with Amazon get delivered within a few days. In either case, I'd get in touch with Amazon to inquire as to the status of the parcel.

When An post deliver the goods are always here well before the estimated date and the only times it has been iParcel and Fastway the items have been days/a week late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Fastway are a disaster. It's so sad that most company's are using fastway now instead on An post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I googled "on board with courier" and it brought me here.

I've had a disaster with Fastway because they decided to send my item to Waterford or something who don't deliver to North Tipperary who sent it back to "Midlands" who sent it out to some local courier.

Anyway I think they reason Fastway have it is because i-Parcel originally had it from Amazon and they use Fastway.

I already complained to Amazon about the delay and they are sending me a 2nd item as way of an apology. Very odd that but I'll take the free stuff. :confused:

I told Amazon it would have been cheaper and faster to send it through Royal Mail/An Post and even if Fastway didn't have this stupid delay An Post would still have been quicker.

My replacements are coming via DHL or UPS so more "Attempted Delivery" notes on the mat. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Giant Kiwi

I checked tracking on my package with not-so-fastway and it was delivered 2 days ago.
    Who it was delivered to I'll not find out till monday if at all.
    The company I ordered from are sending out a replacement thankfully.
    Fastway are a bit of joke

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scas100

The parcels fastway deliver for amazon oxendales littlewoods etc, can be carried over in the depot for 2 or 3 days as the delivery date is 2 or 3 days from when they receive them. btw 98% of them do not require a signature and can be letterboxed, left in a shed, porch or other safe, according to the supplier, location. the more valuable items require a signature.

"I've had a disaster with Fastway because they decided to send my item to Waterford or something who don't deliver to North Tipperary who sent it back to "Midlands" who sent it out to some local courier."

County Tipperary is split between 2 different bases-south east and midlands, rather odd but thats the way it is ,so if something for say clonmel goes to the midlands base it get forwarded to the south east the next day.

"Fastway have had my parcel in Wexford since last Friday morning at 6am but they could not deliver on Friday or even on Saturday. It was apparently out for delivery on Friday but got held over for delivery on Saturday but for some reason that didn't happen. now it is looking unlikely for delivery today as I have to go away at 3pm, what a disaster of a company."

explained above, if it came in on friday, delivery isn't due till monday/tuesday, 2-3 working days, and also fastway don't work on a saturday or obviously a sunday.

as with all companies be it courier or binmen etc some of the workers are better than others but as far as i know fastway have the highest delivery and customer satisfaction rate in ireland, closely followed by nightline

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scas100

"Register your complaints with Amazon. They contract with Fastway etc. At least then they will know how their packages are being delivered."

agree wholeheartedly, this should make the particular, shall we say challenged, couriers do it properly the next time if there is a specific complaint about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

Things have certainly not improved in relation to the delivery service provided by Fastway Couriers on Amazon orders, after their failure to deliver orders last year I stopped using Amazon completely, I only started again a couple of weeks ago after being told by friends that Amazon were using Anpost again. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order with Amazon and it was delivered a few days ahead of schedule by Anpost, following that I placed another order and was disappointed to see once it was dispatched that it had been sent via iparcel (Fastway) but I thought that I would wait to see if they had improved....... They haven't! The package failed to be delivered 9 days after dispatch I am now waiting for Amazon to find out what is happening, looks like it will be yet another refund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement