Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to try

• 22-08-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

Few questions for the non drinkers

I want to stop drinking alcoholic beer but not necessarily stop drinking if that makes sense

Is there anyone who just decided to stop and found it easy to go on a night out drinking non alcoholic beer?

I have given up smoking through vaping and now I want to kick alcohol but with a fitting sub

I wouldn't be a big drinker like a few pints every week or so and it would be fairly tame enough for example I went out with friends last Friday night and counted my bottles and had 6 pint bottles of bulmers all in all

I have gone out before with the lime and soda water approach and it just doesn't do it for me I feel left out and don't have any fun whatsoever

So looking to see if anyone had any experience, plus the fact people still think your drinking so your not getting showered with 'dry ****e' or 'coward'

Also what's the availability of non alcoholic beer in pubs/clubs/off licences?

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

N/a beers vary, what's great for one might be horrible for another. I personally cannot stand Pauliner! I will drink water or soft drinks before touching that stuff again.
    Becks or Erdinger are pretty standard in pubs. N/a beers are as expensive as regular beers though, which makes them a little pointless. You wont drink as much n/a beer as you will regular beer either, it'll make you sick quite quickly! I usually have two, three bottles of n/a beer then pints of water after that. It's purely psychological, having a drink in my hand, but I find it very possible indeed.

Advertisement