Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring PIR light

Options
  • 22-08-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

if you have an outside light over porch could a PIR light be wired to it or has it to be wired back to box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

probably a straight swop for a pir light fitting is the handiest if that suits?

should be no additional work needed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yes It can, no bother, the clincher will be remembering to leave it switched on though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Steve wrote: »
    Yes It can, no bother, the clincher will be remembering to leave it switched on though. :)
    leaving it on would mean the original would be on all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

no i thought you meant a swop

you can't wire a pir light from it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

alyssum wrote: »
    if you have an outside light over porch could a PIR light be wired to it or has it to be wired back to box

This is based off the other thread I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

alyssum wrote: »
    leaving it on would mean the original would be on all the time?
    Yes, I assumed you were replacing the original.
    If you want to leave the original then you can't do it without installing another wire from either the switch via a switched spur outlet plate, or another switch, so you can isolate it - or - from a lighting mcb in your board via the same.

Advertisement