Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick market research help appreciated :)

Options
  • 22-08-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, so you want to buy a bathroom suite! where do you go? donedeal, local papers, golden pages...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Bathroom Show room.
    Not something I would like to save money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Hi magic murph. I take it you mean a general bathroom showroom, or is that the name of an existing outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I would use google to find out about local outlets, search for a something I like within price range - if the unit could be bought online and installed by a 3rd party for cheaper than an outlet I might considered that but the saving would have to be substantial.
    If not I would buy & get installed from the one outlet.

I thoughts would be buying a 2nd hand unit would come with complications as theres a good chance the dimensions of my bathroom would be different plus taking things apart and putting back together usually comes with it's own complications etc

But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

1.Google.

2. Local show rooms

Done deal maybe if second hand was ok

Don't know when the last time I opened the golden pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Google and personal recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

Wait for sale in B&Q or the local builders providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I have a pal who is an importer ( I love to buy wholesale if I can!) and a great plumber who is very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 37 warbird

google search see what I fancy then local showroom to see how it looks/feels and then best price I can get from wherever

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tuds2013

I personally would go to a showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

1) Have a look online for ideas e.g. Houzz etc
    2) Decide on basic principals such as sink, bath, shower, tile colour, size etc
    3) go to tile warehouse/b&q/til store/bathroom store to look at tiles and fittings
    4) get quotes
    5) bargain down
    6) purchase
    7) get plumber and tiler to fit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Wouldn't consider buying unless I could go and check it out in the flesh.. Its something you buy and then use daily for a very long time. There would be a fear of buying online and then being unhappy with the product when it arrives.. When building there is rarely time to buy online, have it delivered, return and wait for another delivery if unhappy - for me this means a showroom of some sort would be essential...
    I'm happy to travel a bit though if a good selection is on show. When we were building 4 years ago we went to a bathroom showroom 30 miles from home and bought there as they had an extensive selection on show and free delivery on orders over a certain value.

Golden Pages is something I'd never check out for companies..

Advertisement