Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driver Learner Permit hasn't arrived in mail.

Options
  • 22-08-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there, I sent off my Driver Learner Permit application this day 5 weeks ago (Thurs 18th July). What I'm a little annoyed about is that I was told I would get my permit in 4 weeks and there's not a sign of it yet! Has anyone else experienced delays in getting their permit? Also, who do I call if this delay goes on for longer?
    Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Daire2013 wrote: »
    Hi there, I sent off my Driver Learner Permit application this day 5 weeks ago (Thurs 18th July). What I'm a little annoyed about is that I was told I would get my permit in 4 weeks and there's not a sign of it yet! Has anyone else experienced delays in getting their permit? Also, who do I call if this delay goes on for longer?
    Thank you! :)
    Depends where u live
    Go back to who said 4 weeks
    Some areas 2 weeks
    Others ????????
    Anyone's guess
    And it's very little to do with the NEW PLASTIC LIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 marian2013

Hi I'm wondering this my self. was told in the tax office in naas to expect a delay of approx 5 weeks inc.the usual waiting time of 4-5 days extra. I only sent in for my permit last Friday so curious to see is there any1 getting them sooner and if so from which tax office they they sent them to begin with , as a friend if mine sent in for permit 3 weeks ago (portlaoise) and received permit in 8 days. Apparently this back log is going on sense january. Some would hope it would of been cleared up by now.. any reply would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

If you give the tax office a call they'll tell you what stage it is at, when I had issues I called, complained a bit and 4 days later it was in the post heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 marian2013

Grand might Do the same if it takes too long.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LIAMOHAN

Hi, I'm living in Naas and had applied for my permit 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I have spent the weekend trying to track the status of my licence as it is now 2 weeks overdue. I tried various websites in an attempt to track using my driver number, to no avail. In fact, one website asks for me or you not to annoy them with this query as it slows the process down! I wonder if such authorities allow the reverse to occur, when they are hunting us for our( now v hard earned ) pennies!!! BTW, you know this wasn't free.... I calculate with theory test, opticians report and permit, cost me €100+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

LIAMOHAN wrote: »
    Hi, I'm living in Naas and had applied for my permit 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I have spent the weekend trying to track the status of my licence as it is now 2 weeks overdue. I tried various websites in an attempt to track using my driver number, to no avail. In fact, one website asks for me or you not to annoy them with this query as it slows the process down! I wonder if such authorities allow the reverse to occur, when they are hunting us for our( now v hard earned ) pennies!!! BTW, you know this wasn't free.... I calculate with theory test, opticians report and permit, cost me €100+.

The systems a joke. We've gone from 2-3 days to 10 weeks in some cases. Only in Ireland do we go backwards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LIAMOHAN

Finally, it has arrived. Between my last post and recieving my permit I had noticed news reports explaining a backlog in the motor tax sector. So anyone else that may be waiting, hang in there! And thanks for the post, Faith +1, nice to hear someone that knows of my plight!!
    :D

Advertisement