Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Park 3D - Irish Release Date?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

The re-released 3D version (20 years after Jurassic Park first roared at us!) is out in the UK this weekend.

For Ireland, Omniplex cinemas show some info, but not much! Same for Odeon Cinemas.

Anyone know when it is actually released here? Can't wait to see it (again) - the 3D re-working and sound-work are getting praise anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I thought it was out in the IMAX already but the screenings are at stupid times with the latest being half five. Unfortunately may have to miss it because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

dan1895 wrote: »
    I thought it was out in the IMAX already but the screenings are at stupid times with the latest being half five. Unfortunately may have to miss it because of that.

Seems shockingly low-key for such a release! :confused:

Outside of Dublin (while we're waiting for this to be built) it must surely have a "regular" 3D cinema release!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Buy the disc its been on sale in America for months now fantastic 3d well worth it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Buy the disc its been on sale in America for months now fantastic 3d well worth it.

I'd rather see it on the big screen in 3d rather than at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Loughc wrote: »
    I'd rather see it on the big screen in 3d rather than at home.

I can't watch 3D films in cinema in my area screen is too dark they don't have strong enough bulbs to show the film at 100% . 3D at home for me is the best option I have.

• Advertisement

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Seems shockingly low-key for such a release! :confused:

Outside of Dublin (while we're waiting for this to be built) it must surely have a "regular" 3D cinema release!?

It doesn't even have a regular 3d release in cineworld. Don't know about other cinemas in Dublin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It was on Cineworlds website earlier in the week, showing at 11:30, 2:30 and 5:30 from tomorrow onward. And Elysium was showing all day in IMAX today, but is only showing from 8:30 tomorrow. Didn't see it on anyone elses schedules.

Was planning on taking a half day to go see this, have already made the arrangements. Will be v. annoyed if they've cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

^ Same as above, I can't find anywhere playing this all of a sudden??

Is it all an InGen™ cover-up?!
    :)

Gave Cineworld a ring, they said that it's showing at 11:30, 2:30 and 5:30, despite the lack of evidence. Will be heading in for the 2:30, I'll report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Raphael wrote: »
    Gave Cineworld a ring, they said that it's showing at 11:30, 2:30 and 5:30, despite the lack of evidence. Will be heading in for the 2:30, I'll report back.

Were you able to book tickets for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

A friend of mine went into cineworld yesterday to ask about it. Apparently its planned to be showing on their imax screen, but they are having problems with the projector and don't know if it will be up and running by saturday, hence it was taken down from the website.

A friend of mine went into cineworld yesterday to ask about it. Apparently its planned to be showing on their imax screen, but they are having problems with the projector and don't know if it will be up and running by saturday, hence it was taken down from the website.

Hopefully they can get it working, does any know if the Odeon are playing it in the iSense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Is this looking like it's only being confined to iMax screens then? Or has anyone around Cork found a cinema that is showing it?

Is this looking like it's only being confined to iMax screens then?

Jeez - hope not! I've emailed 2 cinema companies asking about it - their sites still suspiciously empty on the important details though (see 1st post)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I rang Cineworld and they confirmed that they are showing it in iMAX eventhough it wasn't listed on their site - they are having IT issues (as usual). 17:30 is still the latest screening however.

I'm unsure if they are showing any non-iMAX screenings, I didn't ask - I'm only interested in the iMAX.

2.30 and 5.30, in the queue for tickets now. Just IMAX 3d. iSense is just showing Elysium as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edbankyscar

Does anyone know if its on tomorrow, Saturady the 24th?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It seems just a 3D Imax showing, no listings for anywhere in Cork.

Very disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edbankyscar

Sorry I should have said does anyone know if Cineworld Dublin/Imax are showing screenings tomorrow, Saturday the 24th?

• Advertisement

Looks like it's IMAX only (according to UK Distributors anyway).

With a grand total of 1 IMAX in the country, I s'pose it's Blu-Ray-3D or bust!

Crap-o-la.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's getting a regular 3D release as well, probably in a month or two, but they won't announce dates until after the IMAX-only run is finished. They are exploiting the die-hard fans first to prop up IMAX ticket sales. There's little or no difference between properly projected 3D and IMAX 3D. They know this which is why they have to resort to this crap.

Excellent! Just out of curiosity, where did you find this out? I've heard feck all back from the cinemas anyway! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Actually on second thoughts I may be mistaken. I was under the impression that's what they did in the US, but it seems they released both versions simultaneously there.

It seems strange for them to limit it to IMAX. Maybe it didn't do as well in the US as they hoped. There's no release date for the 3D Blu-ray yet, so there's still a chance they are planning a regular 3D release depending how well it does in IMAX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I saw this today, the 3d was actually very well done. I was also shocked at the lack of showings though...

I saw this today, the 3d was actually very well done. I was also shocked at the lack of showings though...

Where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Cineworld in Dublin.... the only place it seems to be showing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Looks great, may make a trip down memory lane and go see it.

Pm1e wrote: »
    Looks great, may make a trip down memory lane and go see it.

Is there an IMAX down there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

dan1895 wrote: »
    Is there an IMAX down there?

smartarse :D

Advertisement