Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Park 3D - Irish Release Date?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Has this gone already ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

s8n wrote: »
    Has this gone already ??

Checked the listings yesterday and they only went as far as Thursday. Very little effort made to push this.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

It disappeared from the listings on Saturday and Cineworld tweeted the IMAX was closed for maintenance. Reappeared Monday so hopefully they'll keep it on this weekend as during the day on a weekday isn't a great time for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I cant find it listed there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

It's listed til next Tuesday at least 1130,230,330. I've not checked thread yet, if anyone has feedback on the 3d,image etc. If already said then thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Is it just releasing in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

s8n wrote: »
    I cant find it listed there ??

I'm going to see it today at 2:30, I can't wait!

Here it is on the cineworld site http://www.cineworld.ie/whatson/6260?cinema=75&date=all

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

annettea wrote: »
    Is it just releasing in Dublin?

Looks like it, although the links I posted earlier show it mentioned on the websites for other (national) cinemas.

Anyone know someone working in a national cinema-chain that could find out about a general 3D release?

It's frikkin Jurassic Park! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Looks like it, although the links I posted earlier show it mentioned on the websites for other (national) cinemas.

Anyone know someone working in a national cinema-chain that could find out about a general 3D release?

It's frikkin Jurassic Park! :)

A few other places were promoting it a few months ago but as far as I know it's only on in the Imax in Cineworld.

I went to see it there the other day and the 3D is incredible in it, if you can get to Cineworld to see it, it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Although I hate conversion 3d I went to see this earlier just for the chance to see it again on the big screen. And I must say they did an absolutely fantastic job converting it. The 3d does tend to show the age and associated flaws of a few of the cgi shots, for the most part it looks brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Well worth going to see just to watch it on such a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Saw it today in Cineworld, have to say it was fantastic! The sound is the main thing, hearing that T-rex wail is just spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Watched this in Cineworld last week. Yes, the conversion does show up some of the weaker effects but it certainly doesnt take away anything and its aged really well other than that.

What a film though and it was a pleasure to see it on such a big screen again. Though I was a bit confused with one thing... its a blockbuster but there were no skyscrapers blowing up. Not a single one. Surely a minimum of 3 is the least we should expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Pleased to see that this will still be on at the weekend. Think I'll book for the 12.20 screening on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought I might pop along and see this tomorrow, love Jurassic park probably my most watched film of all time.

But literally no seats in the lighthouse or cineworld (not into 3d anyway)....turns out it is national cinema day tomorrow so tickets are 3 or 4 euro...Sunday it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Was at a pretty rammed 3pm showing today in the lighthouse. A lot of really well behaved kids, I watch it regularly but it holds up so well on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Saw it at odeon charlestown.

It was a disaster. 3d settings were all wrong. They restarted it after 20 minutes but still wrong.

Some families walked out.

I got a refund.

Advertisement