Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applie.ie delivery times

• 22-08-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hey all,

I plan to order the 2013 macbook air tonight when I get home from work. I would like to get it delivered to my office but I finish up here next Friday (the 30th).

How are apples shipping and delivery times? Would I get it before I left this job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Eogclouder wrote: »
    Hey all,

I plan to roder the 2013 macbook air tonight when I get home from work. I would like to get it delivered to my office but I finish up here next Friday (the 30th).

How are apples shipping and delivery times? Would I get it before I left this job?

I ordered an iPad from them a few weeks ago and had it next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭iniall

I ordered my MacBook Air on Saturday 20 July and it arrived on Monday 29th. (See this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056998789)

I think delivery time may depend on whether or not you order the MBA as is, or configure it (I got extra RAM in mine). But if you're not getting anything extra (RAM, bigger flash drive or faster processor), why not just go into somewhere like Compu B and buy it there and then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

iniall wrote: »
    I ordered my MacBook Air on Saturday 20 July and it arrived on Monday 29th. (See this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056998789)

I think delivery time may depend on whether or not you order the MBA as is, or configure it (I got extra RAM in mine). But if you're not getting anything extra (RAM, bigger flash drive or faster processor), why not just go into somewhere like Compu B and buy it there and then?

Because of the 12% stuednt discount and 80 euro appstore gift card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭iniall

Ah right. Mine took 3 working days from dispatch to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

It's up to 12% so it's less than that on most items.

Plus you can get the discount in compub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Quick question lads, if I was to order the iPhone 5s direct from Apple.ie once its released would I be likely to get it around the same time as the carriers or would I be as well buying a PAYG direct from a shop? Also is there likely to be a price drop on the iPhone 4 or will the 5c or whatever its called be cheaper again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I ordered an iMac a few weeks ago. Delivery time was stated as '3-4' days on the website when I ordered.

Ordered it on a Monday and received it a week and a half later.

Quad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

For apple products I'd really recommend Jigsaw24. Ordered a custom macbook air and got it delivered the next day!
    I even made a mistake with my vat no. and they didn't send it out till 6pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Jamez735 wrote: »
    For apple products I'd really recommend Jigsaw24. Ordered a custom macbook air and got it delivered the next day!
    I even made a mistake with my vat no. and they didn't send it out till 6pm!

They don't do the same deal/student discount unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Quick question lads, if I was to order the iPhone 5s direct from Apple.ie once its released would I be likely to get it around the same time as the carriers or would I be as well buying a PAYG direct from a shop? Also is there likely to be a price drop on the iPhone 4 or will the 5c or whatever its called be cheaper again?

Apple will most likely release the iPhone 5S a week later than the big countries (USA, UK, France etc) here in Ireland. By the time it becomes available to purchase on the Irish site there is usually a shipping delay of 3-4 weeks so it would be around October 25th or later when you get your iPhone if you buy from Apple.com/ie on what I expect the release day to be September 27th in Ireland.

Irish retailers get the phone on the release day but it's unlikely the big carriers will be selling on PAYG, they usually get limited stock of iPhone's and sell only on Bill Pay for the first couple of months. (That's what Vodafone do anyway, I think three had it on Pre-Pay on launch last year though).

iPhone 4 is likely to be discontinued with the three options being iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C (plastic colour option to replace the iPhone 5) & iPhone 4S being the cheaper model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Apple will most likely release the iPhone 5S a week later than the big countries (USA, UK, France etc) here in Ireland. By the time it becomes available to purchase on the Irish site there is usually a shipping delay of 3-4 weeks so it would be around October 25th or later when you get your iPhone if you buy from Apple.com/ie on what I expect the release day to be September 27th in Ireland.

Irish retailers get the phone on the release day but it's unlikely the big carriers will be selling on PAYG, they usually get limited stock of iPhone's and sell only on Bill Pay for the first couple of months. (That's what Vodafone do anyway, I think three had it on Pre-Pay on launch last year though).

iPhone 4 is likely to be discontinued with the three options being iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C (plastic colour option to replace the iPhone 5) & iPhone 4S being the cheaper model.

Thanks for the reply, great detail :). I'm not in any hurry to get it so i've no problem waiting, I was just curious.

I see so the 5c specs will actually be pretty good then? I kinda figured they'd be like a mid range android. Seems a bit strange to release a "cheaper" iPhone but have it more expensive than the 4s which is still retailing for around €400 isn't it?

They don't do the same deal/student discount unfortunately!

23% off if you...ahem... need it for business purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

There'll probably be two Apple events, Sept and Oct.

They surely would release the Mac Pro at the Sept event, after showing us the sneak peek back in June?

banquo wrote: »
    There'll probably be two Apple events, Sept and Oct.

They surely would release the Mac Pro at the Sept event, after showing us the sneak peek back in June?

My guess would be iphones/mac pros in September, and thunderbolt display/ipad 5 October.

Advertisement