Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing DIT timetables.

Options
  • 22-08-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Some please help, Anyone have a step by step guide for finding my correct timetable, trying to sort hours of work and its rather frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

you probably need to wait until after your induction and any groups are set out as most timetables are useless until you know that.

if you really want a look at it though, search by class group, the course you want and weeks 4-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Took me a while to get anything that vaguely looked like it might be my timetable but what I did was search for a timetable for a programme

Department: Any
    Code: *insert your course code DT123 etc..*
    Year: *your year*

Click on the course that appears then

Week Range Name: [9172]4-16

I got a result this way but as Journeyman said, class groups and stuff are not assigned yet so it will be of limited value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Try
    Programme - course code. Then click on your course so it drops down some options.
    Click date range September 16 - December 13 etc.
    this should give you a preliminary timetable for a structured programme but if you have different groups then it gets tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Is the site down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Bertser wrote: »
    Is the site down for anyone else?

Yes down for me too

• Advertisement

Rasmus wrote: »
    Try
    Programme - course code. Then click on your course so it drops down some options.
    Click date range September 16 - December 13 etc.
    this should give you a preliminary timetable for a structured programme but if you have different groups then it gets tricky.

4 diff groups but dosent make sence one group it says 9 - 6 tat cant be right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

4 diff groups but dosent make sence one group it says 9 - 6 tat cant be right

Yeah, there isn't even really a point in looking at it because it'll change so much before you start. My timetable makes absolutely no sense at all! It's a joke, hopefully something that'll change over the next year or two, I know a few people that are getting into trouble at work because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuchGold

I've to find out my timetable because I need to tell my boss when I can work but the layout of these timetables is ****ing terrible to read. I also don't know if there's tutorials or practicals so do people know when we found out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

SuchGold wrote: »
    I've to find out my timetable because I need to tell my boss when I can work but the layout of these timetables is ****ing terrible to read. I also don't know if there's tutorials or practicals so do people know when we found out?

Date I was given by the social sciences school secretary was the 9th. Yep it's the same for a lot of people, I know a few people in trouble at work and one of them has actually lost their job.

Anyone know when dt080 orientation is ? Or how to find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pjm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

know someone going abroad soon and looking for even a sample of what their timetable would be, course is DT366 , or even what last years was to get an example of hours

know someone going abroad soon and looking for even a sample of what their timetable would be, course is DT366 , or even what last years was to get an example of hours

[IMG][/img]acc_zps8d989084.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Rasmus wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]acc_zps8d989084.jpg

Nothing Thursdays or Friday ??

[IMG][/img]acc2_zpsa07ae898.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

My brother and his friend (separate courses) both got their timetables and ipthey both have a "quality assurance programme" on Saturdays. Anyone know what this is? They're studying international business and journalism. Strange to have a Saturday class and it doesn't really fit with their degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

lil_lisa wrote: »
    My brother and his friend (separate courses) both got their timetables and ipthey both have a "quality assurance programme" on Saturdays. Anyone know what this is? They're studying international business and journalism. Strange to have a Saturday class and it doesn't really fit with their degrees.

I have this too! But I'm studying Visual & Critical Studies..

I have this too! But I'm studying Visual & Critical Studies..

This is on most timetables I think. In the case of my course, it is just a time allocated when you can talk to programme chair, or so I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

Just out of curiousity what is the story with the constant **** ups every year in DIT with the timetables?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

00MARTZ00 wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity what is the story with the constant **** ups every year in DIT with the timetables?

It's not just DIT. It's every Uni. I've been in a few both here and abroad. Timetables are VERY difficult to organise as each lecturer has to finalise their course and times that they would like to deliver it and coordinate this with all the other lecturers and admin staff. This also has to be done for every year of every single course offered by the university. It is an ongoing process that probably takes them the whole summer to complete. Best not to worry about it until you actually get handed a sheet at the start of the year and even then it will probably change somewhere.

• Advertisement

Can anyone send me a pic or a link of dt080 timetable

Thanks in advance

Advertisement