Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King's Inns exams 2013

• 22-08-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I'm sitting the King's Inns entrance exams at the moment. I was wondering whether anyone knew on average what the pass/fail rate for the exams are?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The KI entrance exams are not marked to a curve afaik. There was quite a high drop-out rate when I was sitting them, although that was throughout the week of the actual exams. I'd (gu)es(s)timate that it was about 35% of those who started the Monday were not there by the Friday.

If you sit all five and attempt all questions, you have a good chance. Time management is very important (as with all exams). If you get a block half-way through an answer, move on and come back to it if you have time at the end. (I could go on but you are more than likely already familiar with exams.)

I think the best advice is to remain positive, difficult though that may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

It seems, and this is far from scientific, that a healthy majority of those who last the week pass the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Just finished them myself today as well! I was told by a student in the Inn's just the year gone past that about 94% of the people who sat them passed them last year. They calculated it according to the numbers sitting and the numbers in the course. Hoping I am one of those too, so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

itchyblood wrote: »
    Just finished them myself today as well! I was told by a student in the Inn's just the year gone past that about 94% of the people who sat them passed them last year. They calculated it according to the numbers sitting and the numbers in the course. Hoping I am one of those too, so fingers crossed!

I was one of them and it was more like 75-80%. Still decent odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

A friend did them last year and it definitely wasn't as high as 94%, more like around 80%, but yes, it does appear to be incredibly high. Not sure if that's a good thing, but that's the way things have always been up there apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Miza

That's brilliant news! I was worried about the last few exams because of the sheer exhaustion and how that may affect my chances of passing, but I'm more hopeful now :)

Advertisement