Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good real time strategy games for pc

• 22-08-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

played spore a while back and enjoyed the civilisation phase the most and while i found it short and it indeed half baked im wondering is there any RTS games where you can do the same
    fight wars with multiple nations
    gain control via military,economic or diplomacy means and at the same time regulate the economy of the regions you have under control.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just to let you know that we have a strategy forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

ok so i guess you could transfer t their

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The Total War series is pretty amazing.

Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2 are a very specific kind of excellent, you may love them, you might hate them.

Sins of a Solar Empire is massive and awesome, although with no single player campaign it really shines brightest online.

Achron is kinda dull on the face of it, but the actual requirement to think and plan in 4-dimensions is a refreshing feature that spices things up a lot.

Plenty of others too, but I don't own them so I couldn't offer opinions on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If you dont mind a steep learning curve some of the paradox games like Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4 and Victoria 2 might fit the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Supreme commander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Supreme Commander & Forged Alliance (do not go near SC2)
    Starcraft II:Wings of Liberty
    Sins of a Solar Empire
    C&C 3: Tiberium wars
    Civ5
    Total War franchise
    Europa Universalis
    World In Conflict
    Wargame: European Escalation
    Act of War
    Earth 2160
    Star Wars: Empires At War
    Homeworld 1 & 2
    Empire Earth I & II
    Galactic Civ 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

If you dont mind a steep learning curve some of the paradox games like Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4 and Victoria 2 might fit the bill.
    Civ5
    Europa Universalis
    Galactic Civ 2

Do people even read the subject of a post these days? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hearts of Iron III is supposed to be very good for strat buffs ...I've never had the time to get started on it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

quarryman wrote: »

Just cus some of those are turn based doesnt mean they arent relevant considering the specific gameplay features the op was looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Polar101

All the Paradox games are real time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Haegemonia. A personal favourite. 10 dollars on gog.com. http://www.gog.com/game/haegemonia_gold_edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Err yes. How do they not fit into the description the OP gave for what he's looking for?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Rome total war would fit the bill. It's mostly city building with some fighting thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smyth217

I'd recommend either stronghold crusader or one of the civilisation revolution games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

Err yes. How do they not fit into the description the OP gave for what he's looking for?:confused:
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Just cus some of those are turn based doesnt mean they arent relevant considering the specific gameplay features the op was looking for

There's a bit of a disconnect between the OP and the title. The title mentions RTSs while the OP describes what are grand strategy wargames or even 4X games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Indeed, people are recommending traditional RTS games to someone who stated wanting something very, very far from a normal RTS game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just from the first post, the games that fit that most are Paradox's games tbf, Europa Universalis 3, or 4, now that's it out, and Crusader Kings 2 being the best.

Total War games campaign would have more of an emphasis on battles and war, but would fit it also

Advertisement