Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Boards categories

Options
  • 22-08-2013 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with the boards drop down menu.

Essentially when I get on boards, or refresh the webpage, the category drop down menu at the top of the screen flashes up for a second before being replaced by a Talk To link. When I mouse over the Talk To link, I get a drop down menu of all the Talk To forums...and while Talk To is grand 'n all, I don't want Talk To, I want the old menu back :DHere's a link of how it looks.

I've been around boards for the last 3 years and I've never seen anything this weird happen, possibly just a bug? But I'd really appreciate your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

I've moved this to Site Dev for you OP, Rónán will be able to give you a hand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Galaxie wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with the boards drop down menu.

Essentially when I get on boards, or refresh the webpage, the category drop down menu at the top of the screen flashes up for a second before being replaced by a Talk To link. When I mouse over the Talk To link, I get a drop down menu of all the Talk To forums...and while Talk To is grand 'n all, I don't want Talk To, I want the old menu back :DHere's a link of how it looks.

I've been around boards for the last 3 years and I've never seen anything this weird happen, possibly just a bug? But I'd really appreciate your help!

Odd looking one, can you first try a hard refresh (Ctrl + R in chrome). If that doesn't work try clearing your cache and hard refreshing again.

If you've still no joy could you copy the details provided in boards.ie/diagnostics (taking care to exclude your IP address when posting the details) and I'll take a better look into it as soon as I get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Galaxie

Odd looking one, can you first try a hard refresh (Ctrl + R in chrome). If that doesn't work try clearing your cache and hard refreshing again.

If you've still no joy could you copy the details provided in boards.ie/diagnostics (taking care to exclude your IP address when posting the details) and I'll take a better look into it as soon as I get the chance.

Hi Rónán,

Seems to be sorted out, clearing the cache and hard refresh did it.
    Thanks for the help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement