Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eternal Darkness successor on Kickstarter, 35 hours remaining

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

if it gets up that much money in that space of time il be amazed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Denis Dyack is such an awful project manager that I'd never invest in him unless I was insane. That and he's a dick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The demo material and ideas don't fill me with great confidence, I must admit. I enjoyed Eternal Darkness (still think the bit where my character's head randomly fell off is one of the creepiest things I've experienced in a game) but can't say I'm particularly aching for more, and this proposal is alas underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    if it gets up that much money in that space of time il be amazed

Yeah, that's not happening. The pattern so far for the majority of successful game Kickstarters has been one of beating the target relatively quickly after getting noticed. Crawling towards halfway with a few days left generally means a dead project. Also you see a lot of groups pitching quite low targets for a barebones game and building up a good quality release title through funding targets past the initial low "get something out there" level. This seems to work a lot better than the "1 million dollars please, or no game" approach.

Advertisement