Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in James'

Options
  • 22-08-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just gotten a new job at St James' and will be working there for about six months in the labs. Now I've been in Dublin for a while, and I've heard some awful things about the area around James'. My general hours will be between 8 and 6, but I will have to do some late evenings. EVERYONE I've talked to has related to me some incidence of mugging/assault/bottling that they've been victims of on the way to/from the offsite carpark about 300m from the hospital.

I guess my question is, how bad is it? Is it just a matter of time until the locals give me a good hiding, or are the horror stories grossly overestimated? My fear is getting robbed late on winter evenings when its dark. Is it just a case of avoid the scumbags on the road, or is the entire area terrible?

Also, where would be a safe place to go to for a lunchtime walk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Grossly overestimated,between those hours you will be grand.Just keep your wits about you like you would anywhere else in the city.

You could take a walk down to the grounds of the IMMA,about a 10 minute walk from the James St entrance.

Advertisement