Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Finance Task

Options
  • 22-08-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was filling out the online finance task today after I enrolled online. It came to the part where you fill in your financial sponsors (SUSI) I selected SUSI and wasn't sure about what region it was so I selected one and clicked on the continue button. I changed my mind on the region and clicked amend. I didn't realise that if you click amend you wont be able to refill the sponsors. Is this a very important thing to fill out does anyone know and how can I fix this? I tried ringing the admissions office but realised that they are probably closed for the evening. I'm really worried I'm after screwing things up!! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ricimaki

If you send them an e-mail, or get through on them on the phone, they should sort it out for you.

When filling in the online finance task, is the SUSI / Local Govenment Sponsorship Reference the W12xxxxxxxx application number, or the 2012xxxxxxx student reference number for SUSI. I'm going into second year, if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

ricimaki wrote: »
    If you send them an e-mail, or get through on them on the phone, they should sort it out for you.

When filling in the online finance task, is the SUSI / Local Govenment Sponsorship Reference the W12xxxxxxxx application number, or the 2012xxxxxxx student reference number for SUSI. I'm going into second year, if that makes any difference.

It's the W12xx.... one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Sh*t I used the other one >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Sh*t I used the other one >.<

So did I :eek:

Really? Well I used the 'W' one and it showed the SUSI grant, so I think it worked! When you used the other code did the SUSI grant come up in the box thing? You guys could be right for all I know!

• Advertisement

ray2012 wrote: »
    Really? Well I used the 'W' one and it showed the SUSI grant, so I think it worked! When you used the other code did the SUSI grant come up in the box thing? You guys could be right for all I know!

I haven't filled up the Finance thing yet but on the online enrolment it asked for that too and I gave the one without the W but it accepted that so I just assumed it was right but other people used the one with the W so I'm not sure. :confused:

Pai Mei wrote: »
    I haven't filled up the Finance thing yet but on the online enrolment it asked for that too and I gave the one without the W but it accepted that so I just assumed it was right but other people used the one with the W so I'm not sure. :confused:

I'm sure it doesn't matter anyways, it wasn't that clear which code to use so I'd say both might be taken :)

Yeah the other one works for me alright :)

I used the W12xx number there, worked fine. Once you complete the Finance task, is there anything else to be done before returning to UL? What's the story with the €72. Is that now gone, or does it have to be paid eventually?

its gone i think. :/

• Advertisement

When ye filled up ye're Finance thing and ye were filling in about the Grant do ye know if ye were awarded the grant? I don't know if I got it yet so was wondering should I just say I was awarded it even tho I'm not sure.

A table will come up, showing what grant you have entered (SUSI, for example), what the grant will pay (Student contribution/Fees etc) and the percentage of what has to be payed is covered by that grant. SUSI should cover 100% of the student contribution, ie. the €2500. If you proceed to the next page, it will show you the amounts that will be deducted from the bank account associated with your UL account. If you receive a 100% student contribution SUSI grant, it will show as €0.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 22MiMi

Thanks everyone (: I'll give them a ring tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to sort me out!

I used the W12xx number there, worked fine. Once you complete the Finance task, is there anything else to be done before returning to UL? What's the story with the €72. Is that now gone, or does it have to be paid eventually?

What's the 72 euro ? I don't remember seeing it on my Online Finance Task ? D:

Is the 72 euro the registration fee you pay on orientation day? :/

If it is the registration fee, do you still have to pay for this if you get the grant?

I think you do have to pay it, as far as I know anyway! I'm so confused about everything!! I'm actually just going to ring in the morning and see what the story is. I'll post everything I find out (:

The 72euro was a student levy we had to pay but as far as I know it was got rid of last year in a student vote.

Oh that's handy so!

Do any of ye know how you prove that you've paid the fees for your course if you got the grant? Couldn't find about it in the Orientation Guidebook.. :o

Also, my orientation doesn't start till' the Wednesday but I was thinking of going up on the Monday just to get settled in. I'm wondering if there is anything on in UL for people that aren't doing orientation on the Tuesday? Or else I could get into town from UL, if only I knew how. :| I hope I can figure out the buses and all that craic.. any help ? :P

• Advertisement

Just bring any letter SUSI gave you that says your grant is approved/awarded.

As far as buses are concerned, if you get the 304, it will bring you into the city centre, and out to Dooradoyle/Raheen, and eventually back to UL. There is also the euro bus (which actually costs €1.50), but I don't know the route that well.

Some links:
    http://www.eurobuslimerick.com/timetables-fairs/
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1347028785-304.pdf

As far as buses are concerned, if you get the 304, it will bring you into the city centre, and out to Dooradoyle/Raheen, and eventually back to UL. There is also the euro bus (which actually costs €1.50), but I don't know the route that well.

Some links:

Cheers man!

Some links:

I didn't get a letter, I just got an email saying my grant was approved, do you think that would do?

ray2012 wrote: »
    Do any of ye know how you prove that you've paid the fees for your course if you got the grant? Couldn't find about it in the Orientation Guidebook.. :o

Also, my orientation doesn't start till' the Wednesday but I was thinking of going up on the Monday just to get settled in. I'm wondering if there is anything on in UL for people that aren't doing orientation on the Tuesday? Or else I could get into town from UL, if only I knew how. :| I hope I can figure out the buses and all that craic.. any help ? :P

Some of us are meeting up on Monday, there's a group on Facebook for it :)

22MiMi wrote: »
    I didn't get a letter, I just got an email saying my grant was approved, do you think that would do?

Print out the full e-mail, and be sure to have your reference number(s) on hand.
    When I was registering last year, I was asked if I had payed my fees, to which I replied I received a grant and presented my letter. From what I could see, the person at the desk just entered the reference number (W12xxxxxxx number), and that was that.

22MiMi wrote: »
    Some of us are meeting up on Monday, there's a group on Facebook for it :)

I think I'm already in this group ? haha, problem is I'll be arriving late Monday evening, so I'm not too sure if I'd be able for a meetup that day.. I'll be there all day Tuesday though so I'd be grand with then .. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My grant is provisionally awarded on the grantsonline site. Hope its sorted by Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

For first years, the bus from town drops right in the middle of the campus, you don't need to get off at the main gate and run the rest of the way in! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AdamReynolds

Is anyone elses grant application not approved yet and just 'awaiting assessment'? Anyone know what I should bring for orientation as I have no letter/email saying I've been approved for the grant?

• Advertisement

I got a call yesterday from SUSI, they told me that they are still waiting on the CAO to give them details on people's acceptances and they said that wont be finished until possibly after the round 2 offers. So most people wont get their grants until after the round 2 offers. They also said there is a small possibility that people who did something last year (level 7 course) wont get their grants. But if you did maybe a level 5 or 6 you should be okay. They told me they shouldn't have said my grant was provisionally awarded because they still haven't gotten details from the CAO. I'm still going to bring down my email with me saying that it is provisionally awarded.

Advertisement