Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private parking ticket

• 22-08-2013 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

You would be lucky to avoid a criminal charge under the Theft Acts 1968 and 1978 if you don't pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What law was broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

How much was the ticket for was it from like apoca or one of those companies.... Just think of the poor mums and kids you stopped from parking there and pay the fine and hide...:))))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

It would appear that your ticket was Ultra Vires so I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

NoQuarter wrote: »
    You would be lucky to avoid a criminal charge under the Theft Acts 1968 and 1978 if you don't pay.

In what jurisdiction do you imagine the OP resides or parked his car?

Marcusm wrote: »
    In what jurisdiction do you imagine the OP resides or parked his car?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86131204&postcount=14 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

NoQuarter wrote: »

And what exactly does that have to do with a different poster parking his car in the Republic of Ireland in a car park which doesn't have a parking charge but which seeks to issue "tickets" for people parking inappropriately in a family space?

• Advertisement

And what exactly does that have to do with a different poster parking his car in the Republic of Ireland in a car park which doesn't have a parking charge but which seeks to issue "tickets" for people parking inappropriately in a family space?

Whooooooosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Gadfly Girl

How on earth can they prove you did not have a child with you that was dropped off or being collected etc unless it's on camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Was there no other spaces??

Fortunately their fines have no place in law afaik but being private property they could ban you and if you enter have you charged with trespassing!

Anyway if its marked mother and baby and your on your own its a bit lazy and thoughtless to park there knowing its for a specific reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Was there no other spaces??

Fortunately their fines have no place in law afaik but being private property they could ban you and if you enter have you charged with trespassing!

Anyway if its marked mother and baby and your on your own its a bit lazy and thoughtless to park there knowing its for a specific reason!

And I suppose 'fathers' and babies shouldn't park there either as it's marked 'mother' and baby.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

iPhone. wrote: »
    And I suppose 'fathers' and babies shouldn't park there either as it's marked 'mother' and baby.:rolleyes:

Do you have your own sarcastic space??

Im sure the mother and baby sign has been around since mother and baby's only went shopping while the father was at work or in the pub.

The OP obviously didn't have baby with him and if the parking warden seen a father and baby I'm pretty sure he could inform himself that said father had the right to park in said spot!

Doesn't matter if your a transgender lesbian, if you don't have a baby then park in the other dozen free spots ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I have the ready excuse of a child in the boot, for just such an eventuality.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

trad wrote: »
    It would appear that your ticket was Ultra Vires so I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Ultra vires is not a fancy term that means illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

When did these Mother & Baby parking spaces start? I can't recall seeing them before about 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I think it's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Do you have your own sarcastic space??

Ironic response don't you think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement