Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colourization old photos.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

no, no, no, no, noooooooooooo

(oh, by the way, you did a great job on #2)

/onhighhorse
    Though generally I think they should be left as they were
    /offhighhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Oran17

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    /onhighhorse
    /offhighhorse

Yeah me to i just though id give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    /onhighhorse
    /offhighhorse
    I don't know, I've seen some old b&ws that look amazing when coloured in. There's something about adding colour to those old pinhole photos that make them really pop due the shallow depth of field. They just look so unusual and unique.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's something about adding colour to those old pinhole photos that make them really pop due the shallow depth of field.
    does not compute. one of the defining characteristics of pinhole cameras is their extremely deep depth of field. none of the photos above, for example, would have been taken on pinhole cameras.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Most of those seem to have a high enough depth of field.

What makes them good is that high quality black and white photos have nice contrast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement