Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice day perfume?

• 22-08-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I'm on the lookout (on Boots.ie) for a nice day perfume for work. I love my Chanel Chance but don't want to 'waste it' on everyday use. I also like Marc Jacobs Lola, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Ralph Lauren Romance.... Has anyone any idea of a nice perfume for about €30 that would be nice for day-to-day wear? Thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I'm on the lookout (on Boots.ie) for a nice day perfume for work. I love my Chanel Chance but don't want to 'waste it' on everyday use. I also like Marc Jacobs Lola, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Ralph Lauren Romance.... Has anyone any idea of a nice perfume for about €30 that would be nice for day-to-day wear? Thanks :-)

I wear next brand cashmere for work. Someone bought it for me for Chris kringle. It's not something I would have bought myself but I like it. I like flowerbomb and chameleons chance like you. Next perfumes are usually very similar to big brands. Not sure what cashmere smells like but I'm sure someone here will know. Lidls suddenly perfume smells like chanels mademoiselle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I heard about Lidl perfume before, I do like Mademoiselle also so i might check that one out. Does cashmere come in a ltitle pink bottle? It sounds familiar (i.e. I might already have it!!) Must have a look. I also like Calvin Klein Euphoria!

Edited: No the Cashmere one isn't the one I was thinking of, so I might look into that one, thanks
    Secondly, does Lidl have perfume all of the time? I'd like to get my hands on Suddenly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

M&S also do perfumes that are very similar to more expensive perfumes - This one is like Issey Miyake, this one like D&G Light Blue, and there's another one that's like Chanel Allure that I can't see on the website.

Thanks kranky, very helpful also :-) I'll be robbed wearing my Chanel to work every day haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

yes lidl had it recently anyway in Carlow, when I seen it i smelt it as I had heard it smelt like mademoiselle, and it does!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Opps post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I love this one for daytime, its a lovely light fragrance. Not too expensive either.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Intimately-Beckham-for-Her-Eau-de-Toilette-50ml_31837/

Noa is beautiful too - one of my favourites.

http://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10552&searchTerm=noa&catalogId=19051&langId=-1&searchTerm=noa&t1_N=4294939758#container

Armani code is beautiful too, expensive though so I only keep it for special occasions.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Giorgio-Armani-Code-for-Women-Eau-de-Parfum-50ml_31499/

Hugo Boss Orange is gorgeous too

http://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10552&categoryId=178927

Calvin Klein Contradiction is gorgeous, not on Boots.ie though I have seen it in my local store so it could be in your local store OP.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love Inis.. you can get it in Debenhams and a few others.. I've been wearing it as my day perfume for years :) It's very fresh and uplifting..

Not expensive either, definitely under €30.. and I've had people ask me if I'm wearing Issey Miyake a few times while wearing it.. it does smell a bit like it.. I think it's actually nicer though.

tjt5.jpg

Thanks everyone! I'm ordering Estee Lauder eyeliner on Boots (they don't seem to have Estee Lauder in the 2 Boots shops I've been into???) and I thought it would be just as easy actually to get some perfume too. My sister had Inis before but I can't remember what it smells like, but thanks I might just order that. And Toast, thanks also you've given me lots to look at ;-) oh and Armani code IS amazing, it's my next 'expensive' perfume purchase! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Big +1 for Noa by Cacharel. It's one of my go to daily perfumes.

I would also recommend Anais Anais by Cacharel also. Lovely scent.

• Advertisement

I wear Noa day and night the last few months, beautiful gentle scent.

I bought this today for €20.50! It's lovely! I can't afford the proper Armani Code so this will do for now! :-)

http://www.boots.ie/en/Giorgio-Armani-Code-Luna-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray-50ml_1258577/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I adore Hugo Boss orange, its my favourite. I also have flowerbomb, but find it strong so I use it for more going out at night etc. I also have Ralph Lauren Romance, I wore it for my wedding, I love it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I wear Tommy Girl and Ralph by Ralph Lauren during the day, they're nice and fresh for daytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Lacoste touch of pink is a really nice day perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Bright Crystal by Versace is my favourite perfume, it's a bit pricey though. You don't smell like you're wearing perfume, you just smell good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

+1 for NOA

I always thought there must be something wrong with my nose because it's so cheap, it's my favourite of any perfume I've ever smelled. I wear it day or night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

I tried out the perfumes from Oriflame. Quite nice if I do say so and they are mostly the €20 - €30 range. I picked up lovely garden and pretty swan. really lovely and light just enough for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I like (and have) a lot of the perfumes you have and another one I'd mention is Cherie by Miss Dior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

DKNY Fragrance (in the skyscraper bottle) and I'd also highly recommend Lacoste Touch of Pink. Both gorgeous and light enough for day. The Armani Code would be a very heavy day perfume... perhaps suitable for long dark winter days in the office but definitely not for Summer. (in my humble opinion!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just thought of another as I started using it again recently, which is Kate Moss's one, the name escapes me, but its a pink one. Its lovely, really florally and light. And its not expensive, most pharmacies will sell it. Handy if you don't want to spend too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

I love Vintage by Kate Moss as a day perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Demi Moore in Oriflame is amazing! if anyone wants it please pm me :)

Advertisement