Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you have been refused your rights by Argos Irl, read & PM me. Small Claims Court

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

OP, you spent 210K on a car and you're complaining about a cheap netbook? Sounds like Christmas with the Kranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Why does an address need to be clarified? This is beginning to look like a wind-up.

Or some sort of a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP, you spent 210K on a car and you're complaining about a cheap netbook? Sounds like Christmas with the Kranks.

That'a irrelevant. Please post on topic.

dudara

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Still no address from op, between not providing anything, a nonsense rant and asking people to PM them. I smell a windup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

battery warranty is only six months maximum from any manufacturer anyway
    According to which piece of consumer legislation|?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

mathepac wrote: »
    According to which piece of consumer legislation|?

Just to address this if I may, a warranty isn't governed by consumer legislation, at least not within the meaning given to warranty in this forum. Whether the small claims court would consider a battery a consumable is open to debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Cabaal wrote: »
    Still no address from op, between not providing anything, a nonsense rant and asking people to PM them. I smell a windup.
    Not to mention a personal attack on one of boards's finest posters. Time to close thread.

paulboland wrote: »
    ... A guarantee ... Check the terms and conditions ... Don’t forget the small print ... Warranties ...
    I'm sure your lengthy post has relevance in some jurisdictions but not in Ireland. All any consumer in Ireland needs to know about our consumer legislation is contained here - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

Bepolite wrote: »
    Just to address this if I may, a warranty isn't governed by consumer legislation, at least not within the meaning given to warranty in this forum. Whether the small claims court would consider a battery a consumable is open to debate.
    The thread is clearly about consumer rights and consumer legislation. I have questioned the poster about his statement's basis in consumer legislation in the light of the thread topic. Maybe you'd allow him to respond rather than have us in court before he gets a chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Why does an address need to be clarified? This is beginning to look like a wind-up.

You shouldn't cast aspersions when you clearly DON'T KNOW what you're talking about. Don't be so ignorant (in BOTH senses of the word).

The incorrect address means that your case will fail. There are numerous addresses for Argos on CRO.ie and also one on the back of the receipts which may not work.

This one works: -

ARGOS DISTRIBUTORS (IRELAND) LIMITED 43174 Unit C1 Gulliver's Retail Park Ballymun Road, Santry Dublin 9

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »

What do you mean a windup? And a nonsense rant? Does being a Moderator allow you to insult both me and a number of other Boardsies here who happen to agree with me?

WHAT'S NOT TO GET???? If you use the incorrect address with Argos, or any other retailer, your case will fail. I'm making people aware that many retailers are not allowing them their basic consumer rights.

What's your problem Mod??

You need to spend your evenings in one of those Adult Literacy Classes. Go back and read again and stop being so quick to jump on the bandwagon and bully. Along with some of the Mods. Seems to be a pattern in some of these forums. A number of high-frequency respected Boardsies have no problem n understanding why I posted but, for some reason, some of you have. And then there's the ones like you; who CAN'T READ.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

mathepac wrote: »
    The thread is clearly about consumer rights and consumer legislation. I have questioned the poster about his statement's basis in consumer legislation in the light of the thread topic. Maybe you'd allow him to respond rather than have us in court before he gets a chance. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Ultimately the question that a seller will/should ask is, is this right enforceable? The statement that a battery only comes with a six month, or in some cases three month warranty from the manufacturer is an accurate one. The warranty on most products is not long enough to satisfy the rights given to consumers under legislation. Asking someone to point out where X is in the legislation when (i) there are no time limits referred to in the legislation (ii) the statement they made was accurate, doesn't seem productive IMHO.

Furthermore you seemed to intimate that a seller would be unable to refuse to remedy a problem with battery, you may be correct, but I am aware of cases in England where batteries have been found to be consumables. If someone is aware of what the registrars do here, I'd be obliged for the information, but ultimately its to the SmCC we return to see what the outcome would be.

Not to mention a personal attack on one of boards's finest posters. Time to close thread.

Backseat modding reported. Hoping objectivity will be the order of the day Mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

An Ri rua wrote: »
    You shouldn't cast aspersions when you clearly DON'T KNOW what you're talking about. Don't be so ignorant (in BOTH senses of the word).

The incorrect address means that your case will fail. There are numerous addresses for Argos on CRO.ie and also one on the back of the receipts which may not work.

This one works: -

ARGOS DISTRIBUTORS (IRELAND) LIMITED 43174 Unit C1 Gulliver's Retail Park Ballymun Road, Santry Dublin 9

So the one listed on the Argos website. How cryptic of them.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/TermsAndConditions.htm

jhegarty wrote: »
    So the one listed on the Argos website. How cryptic of them.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/TermsAndConditions.htm

Yes, well done. But not on the back of your sales receipt. And also not the only one on CRO.ie where the Small Claims Court TELL YOU to seek out the correct address.

BTW is telling me I need to pay for a repair, that I clearly don't in any way, clear or cryptic? I'll leave that with you....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread, the tone in here is not pleasant. A lot of backseat moderating going on which is not appreciated.

@an Ri rua Cabaal is not a moderator in this forum.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement