Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feed & Weed

• 22-08-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just looking for some advice basically. Last Sunday I put down some feed and weed on my front lawn after mowing it. I watered it as directed on the packet, but my grass now looks like i threw petrol over it and set it alight. I have a friend whose lawn is also in a similar state after his dad used feed and weed also. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it the actual F&W that I used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Sk8rchic wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice basically. Last Sunday I put down some feed and weed on my front lawn after mowing it. I watered it as directed on the packet, but my grass now looks like i threw petrol over it and set it alight. I have a friend whose lawn is also in a similar state after his dad used feed and weed also. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it the actual F&W that I used?
    If you threw petrol over your lawn and set it alight you'd now be looking at bare soil. Post a picture if you can and you'll get better advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

its a while since I used any of these products but I thought you needed to wait a few days after mowing??
    Freshly mowed grass is easily damaged..

Worth checking the instructions to be sure ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Ideally weed and feed should not be applied to new grass (< 12 months old) and otherwise treated grass areas should not be cut 3-5 days before/after application.

If conditions remain dry it is best to water area.

When too much is applied (very common with the granular treatments) usually results in grass being damaged and in severe cases scorched which may take the grass area months to recover. Best to remove damaged grass sections by scraping with a rake and re-seed.

Advertisement