Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a File on Windows 7

Options
  • 22-08-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just off the phone with my distraught father. He has spent the whole day working on a complex Word file. He does not know where he saved it or what he called it. I spent an hour with him on the phone just now.

He uses Windows 7 and Word 2007.
    We have tried searching using the search feature in "Computer". We searched by selecting the date modified as today but no joy.
    We have tried the auto-recovery folders of Word 2007 but nothing is saved there. But it is set to save every 10 minutes.

1. Could you please help me to find this Word file?
    2. Why does Word 2007 not automatically make save copies when it is set up to do this in the settings section?

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to read this,
    Yours desperately,
    Warrior Monk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

eh what might be the easiest way would to be to start a new word doc and then say save as and it should by default have the last save location appear in your save location. so that might be where the file has been saved

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Sorry if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs but have you tried opening word and then going to file>open recent?

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement