Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone-phobe

• 22-08-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of switching to an iPhone for the first time. The only smart phone I have had was the very basic vodafone smart. The one I am thinking of geting is the iPhone 4.

Is the iPhone 4 easy to use as all I will be using it for is social media, e-mails and sports news. I can get it free with the plan I am on and I am reluctant to buy a phone as I can't really afford it at the moment.

Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

If you're getting it for free then you should avail of it and see for yourself. iPhones are designed with the technological neophyte in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Wait a few weeks are new iPhone are due to be launched very soon including a rumored cheaper model. Even if you don't go for the new models, the old models such as the 4s or 5 will likely drop in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thanks guys, I was thinking of just getting it and see how well it worked for me but if the new model is going to drive the others down in price I might just wait a few weeks and see then. I am the ultimate techno-phobe when it comes to phones so appreciate the responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

But are you not getting it for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Passenger wrote: »
    But are you not getting it for free?

Yes. But if the new model coming out would make the 4s or 5 free then I would get one of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement