Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should a raw chicken last in the fridge?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

For the 3rd time in a few months, I took a chicken out of the fridge today to find it was spoiled :( I only bought it on monday evening and put it straight into my fridge (which is cold enough). The use by date isn't up for another 3 days on it. I know anything that I'm not going to use within 2 days should go straight in the freezer but it's such a hassle with a whole chicken because it takes so long to defrost. Is it unreasonable to expect a chicken that's almost a week in date to last 3 days in the fridge? I'd normally get at least 4 days no bother out of chicken breasts or legs. It was the same shop I bought the chicken in all 3 times and I've had similar problems in the past with the shelf life of their meats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We do not provide food safety advice on this forum.

I'd suggest contacting the producer for their advice on how to store their produce.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement