Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jared20130204

Eh...just went up to check re people queuing....didn't see a single person out in a sleeping bag...thank god we haven't gone crazy all over!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

True, No sleeping bags.... but there are cars parked along the drive outside the sales office. Looks like there are at least 4 of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Baileys4

Eh...just went up to check re people queuing....didn't see a single person out in a sleeping bag...thank god we haven't gone crazy all over!

Those queuing at least had the sense to bring their sleeping bag in their cars along with their takeaways! Three cars parked outside the sales office since 7pm, all queuing for different properties

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

Shedzafew, certainly; and this may also interest others. The following is the letter my solicitor sent back to their solicitor - and one has to conclude that their contract (being offered to all of US) was just flung together....

And I quote....

Dear Sirs,

We acknowledge receipt of your letter of the 3rd inst. with enclosures. Arising from the documents furnished we raise the initial following pre-contract enquiries:-

1. Please let us have the final BER Certificate and Report.

2. Please also let us have the HomeBond documentation.

3. In relation to the draft Deed of Transfer please let us have copies of Plans 1 to 4 to be attached to same.

4. Please also confirm the position in relation to the Local Property Tax, the NPPR Charge and the Household Charge.

5. We note that the Deed of Common Areas has not yet been finalised and we will need confirmation that same has been executed and registered.

6. Please advise the position in relation to the car parking space. Same appears to have been omitted from the Contract for Sale. Please advise whether a car parking space is to be transferred along with the transfer of the unit. We note that the car park space is to be transferred together with the unit rather than a licence to use same. You might confirm the position.

7. You might please advise the position in relation to completion of Dealing No.<SNIP> and <SNIP>. The discharge of the <SNIP> – we will need evidence from <SNIP> that their loan has been discharge in full.

8. In relation to Planning D10A/0440 please let us have evidence of compliance with financial conditions 26, 27, 28 and 29 in the Planning Permission.

9. In relation to condition No. 25 in the Planning Permission, please let us have evidence of compliance with the requirements of Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000. Is there a Part V Agreement in place or have the developers entered into a separate arrangement with the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council.

10. Please confirm that there has been no change since the original replies to Requisitions in Booklet of Title.

11. Please also let us have a Fire Safety Certificate.

12. You might confirm how many houses in this estate have been sold as we are concerned that in the event that many of the houses may not have been sold and would you please confirm that in the interim your clients will be responsible for payment of the Service Charges in relation to the unsold units and furnish evidence of their financial wherewithal to do so.

13. Please let us have a draft Family Home Protection Act Declaration for the Vendors.

14. In relation to <SNIP>, relating to Mortgages in favour of <SNIP>, we note you state same have been overreached. We will require written confirmation /releases from <SNIP> confirming there is no charge against the property in sale.

We look forward to hearing from you but in the meantime, please note we have no authority to bind our clients and that no contract will be deemed to be in existence until such time as contracts have been signed by both parties, exchanged, and the full deposit paid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Please..please..please do NOT buy property there.

Hugely overpriced and ridiculously tiny and you are getting gouged by estate agents...these houses are former celtic tiger era bughutches.

For faaar less money you can buy a proper 4-bedroom house in an existing area.

Management fees should never apply to private houses,these estates will be left to go to rack and ruin once the deposits are taken...a negative equity nightmare in the making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Chopper - I feel you have taken my remarks about pyrite yesterday out of context. Just to be clear to everyone I was talking about this in relation to an entirely different estate where a friend of mine was trying to buy a few years back in order to explain the general limits of the snagging system. From what I know it would be extremely unlikely for pyrite to be a concern in Belmont.

As for future price developments, who knows, but we have seen many three and four-beds in established areas and I can tell you Belmont is very appealing in terms of space and price. If everyone can buy as they intend to I also expect the estate to be kept very nicely indeed given the management fees. We really like the family atmosphere in Stepaside in general when we go to visit. I very much hope therefore it goes ok for everyone whether hoping to complete a purchase from another phase or looking in the new phase.

Chopper6................. and where exactly might we find these larger & cheaper houses? Would love to know, because, clearly they've been evading me.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

I think people need to be aware of the absolute stress they are going to face when considering purchasing in this estate. We have invested about 5 months in this development, missing out on other properties while waiting to get to a point when the contract is certain enough that we can sign.

The contracts are not well put together an leave a lot Unclear, we have similar issues to those stated by cmore and the vendors solicitor is not being cooperative in answering the queries raised by my solicitor; basically being told just get your clients to sign the contracts an stop bothering us with your queries.

There is a clause in the contract saying that regardless of amendments, only the first contract stands in a court of law. Meaning if you get them to successfully change anything in the contract it doesn't matter because only the first contract issued holds. This screams an absolute nightmare as you may end up in a legal battle trying to enforce the amendments in the contract should somethin go wrong.

Overall, I think people need to be very wary of buying from these developers as there is a long and difficult road ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jared20130204

Agreed Lillian,

It's been more stressful than I ever imagined.... I shudder to think what my solicitor is going to charge for all these issues that needed to be sorted out...anyway, buyers will have read the post and be walking into this with eyes wide open....you'd want to be very very certain about these houses before handing over booking deposit...it's a long road ahead with a lot of legal queries before you get to signing stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

cmore123 wrote: »
    Shedzafew, certainly; and this may also interest others. The following is the letter my solicitor sent back to their solicitor - and one has to conclude that their contract (being offered to all of US) was just flung together....

And I quote....

cmore, I've snipped your letter as there are private details contained in that which should not be divulged on a public forum.

Little bit of cop on would be appreciated, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if your solr came on here and quoted a letter you sent to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

It's clear that people are desperate to buy and the developers know this. It's been stated many times on here that there's nothing else out there at the moment.

If you were purchasing a car or a TV and were treated in the manner outlined above, you would walk away in a heart beat. Why? Because you can go elsewhere and get the same product.

Desperation and major financial decisions are never good bed fellows. The market is improving, there will be other developments. But as long as people continue to throw money at these guys, they'll continue to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Anyone else hear about the new halting site being constructed directly beside Belmont?

Agree with Lilian and Jared, dealing with the vendor's solicitor has been an absolute nightmare and so much more complicated and stressful then we could ever have imagined.

Hope those people lining up to buy today (and it's getting busy over there now) have an easier time then we have had, though I somehow doubt it.

As to the prosposed halting site on Enniskerry road, that's been amply discussed in this thread, most recently about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

I heard there were a lot of people out there today. Are all the houses gone now at this stage? Was going to go out tomorrow but there mightn't be any point now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    I heard there were a lot of people out there today. Are all the houses gone now at this stage? Was going to go out tomorrow but there mightn't be any point now.

I was there today and I'd say most if not all of them will be gone by tomorrow.

Can't say for sure Paddy, but it was very busy over there today. Looked to me like there were quite a few more people versus last time. Queuing started early, some people had even camped out overnight in their cars, and there was still a queue at 4pm when the sales office was supposed to close.

Prices are up by different amounts, but mostly around 20k on the 3 beds. Only a handful of 4 beds today; they've gone up the most, 47k on the 4 bed derrybawn 398k in October 445k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bells 1978

Jolisa94 wrote: »
    Can't say for sure Paddy, but it was very busy over there today. Looked to me like there were quite a few more people versus last time. Queuing started early, some people had even camped out overnight in their cars, and there was still a queue at 4pm when the sales office was supposed to close.

Prices are up by different amounts, but mostly around 20k on the 3 beds. Only a handful of 4 beds today; they've gone up the most, 47k on the 4 bed derrybawn 398k in October 445k now.

Hi J,
    Do you have the original price lists for the previous launches?? I thought that they were posted at one time on this thread - can someone re-post?!
    Cheers

Hi Bells, I have the original PDF file on my work PC, so I'll repost it on Monday. In the meantime, I checked my old posts and I uploaded it on Jan 9th. So you can find it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Bells 1978 wrote: »
    Hi J,
    Do you have the original price lists for the previous launches?? I thought that they were posted at one time on this thread - can someone re-post?!
    Cheers
    Is there one house in particular you are looking at, I have all three price lists. Can't upload them, and too lazy to type them out, but if you have one you want to know let me know.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Is there one house in particular you are looking at, I have all three price lists. Can't upload them, and too lazy to type them out, but if you have one you want to know let me know.

Hi I got the 1st & 3rd price list but not the 1 from first October weekend - think I may have it somewhere - there were a lot of people there today wonder did it sell out!!
    Thank you for replying !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

chopper6 wrote: »
    Please..please..please do NOT buy property there.

Hugely overpriced and ridiculously tiny and you are getting gouged by estate agents...these houses are former celtic tiger era bughutches.

For faaar less money you can buy a proper 4-bedroom house in an existing area.

Management fees should never apply to private houses,these estates will be left to go to rack and ruin once the deposits are taken...a negative equity nightmare in the making.

North Dublin for instance? That would be positive equity, I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

My wife just came back from having a nose, apparently everything has been reserved, there is even a waiting list on cancellations. She said the next set of houses won't be until the autumn.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

My wife just came back from having a nose, apparently everything has been reserved, there is even a waiting list on cancellations. She said the next set of houses won't be until the autumn.

Was up there today - mad jump 1 detached was 380k last launch - didn't sell & 440k this launch & sold! I'd say the derrybawners last phase are delighted!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

All 34 houses sold, 32 yesterday and last 2 today. Next launch will be in the summer according to sherry Fitz. The price increases were larger than expected.

Speaking with the estate agents there and uncertainty surrounding the AIB charge was resolved on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 evilmf

Do you know when the houses sold in this phase will be ready for the new owners? And what about the ones in the second phase?

Thanks!

They are projecting June for the most recent ones sold, not sure if it's a realistic deadline.

From walking around up there it doesn't look like phase 2 is far from completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedzafew wrote: »
    They are projecting June for the most recent ones sold, not sure if it's a realistic deadline.

From walking around up there it doesn't look like phase 2 is far from completion.

Yea spot on. I put a deposit down yesterday and they said June was the original plan but realistically it's August now.

They seem to be a couple of months behind schedule. Our phase 2 house should have been ready just after Christmas, now looks like it will finally be ready for snagging in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed!!). Same kind of delays on phase 1. So whatever SF promised, add 8-10 weeks, and that's probably more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

The land registration was completed on Friday apparently

• Advertisement

Did you hear this from Sherry Fitz, solicitors or the land registry office? It would be great if it was sorted once and for all.

Advertisement