Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Bex12 wrote: »
    Can I ask if anyone is aware of the estimated completion date for the houses in the third phase? SF initially said June/July at the viewings.

We have bought in phase 2 and we have been told this week that building has not started on our house and that it won't be ready until the earliest middle of June or the end of July, so I think that date is not correct for phase 3. Sure they initially said to us our house would be ready in February, then April and now July!

Our contract stated 48 months but we got this amended to 12 months (they wouldnt go any lower than this)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bex12

Lillian123 wrote: »
    Can I ask if anyone is aware of the estimated completion date for the houses in the third phase? SF initially said June/July at the viewings.

We have bought in phase 2 and we have been told this week that building has not started on our house and that it won't be ready until the earliest middle of June or the end of July, so I think that date is not correct for phase 3. Sure they initially said to us our house would be ready in February, then April and now July!

Our contract stated 48 months but we got this amended to 12 months (they wouldnt go any lower than this)

Thanks for that Lillian123, it seems we are way off in our thinking. We would had thought we would get in before the end of the summer. That's a little scary since our loan offer expires after 6 months so I'm not sure how that works with the renewing it should we have to wait much longer. We'll be further down the development too so it could take a good bit of time.
    I'll keep that in mind,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Thanks for that Lillian123, it seems we are way off in our thinking. We would had thought we would get in before the end of the summer. That's a little scary since our loan offer expires after 6 months so I'm not sure how that works with the renewing it should we have to wait much longer. We'll be further down the development too so it could take a good bit of time.
    I'll keep that in mind,thanks.

Yes I thought we would be in by end of April but they only mentioned July after we signed the contracts. Our loan offer will be expired too by then so will need to contact bank. Vendors solicitor was difficult to deal with an did not want to answer queries just put pressure on us to sign instead. Best of luck in your Belmont journey I will be organising a barbeque for the estate when we are all settled in!

Yes I thought we would be in by end of April but they only mentioned July after we signed the contracts. Our loan offer will be expired too by then so will need to contact bank. Vendors solicitor was difficult to deal with an did not want to answer queries just put pressure on us to sign instead. Best of luck in your Belmont journey I will be organising a barbeque for the estate when we are all settled in!

Yeah I reckon we can expect a 3-6 month delay based on how it's going 2nd phase. It's great to get feedback from other buyers - most helpful. I'll query this with the bank in advance but I reckon they'll have to get us to reapply, shouldn't be an issue if circumstances haven't changed but just another thing to worry about. The thoughts of a BBQ and getting the keys sounds like a dream at the moment, best of luck with the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Enduro

Be careful about what phase 2 and pahse 3 etc actually mean. The estate agents and the builders have different interpretations of what they mean. Basically to the agents it's the blocks in which they were released for sale, so for example everything in Verner Lane is phase 2 to them. The builders divide up the phases according to when they start building them, so to them Verner lane is phase 3. Everything is running later than whatever the EAs tell you though.

Looking at the phase 2 onwards houses, which are all going to get Air Pump heating, it looks to me like they have photo-voltaic solar panels on the roof (no more than a visual observation). That would (a) make much more sense than a second water heating system and (b) be a very nice set-up indeed!!

On the Vendor's solicitor, they seem to be a horrific combination of arrogant and incompetant. Don't let them bully you, and don't let them put penal clauses into your contract. They are the reason we have pulled out of buying. It tooks months for them to deal with all the flaws and ridiculous clauses in our contract, and in the intervening time we found a much more straightforward property nearby. I'd say they are racking up a fantastic legal bill for the builders, and unfortunately for all the buyers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Enduro wrote: »
    Looking at the phase 2 onwards houses, which are all going to get Air Pump heating, it looks to me like they have photo-voltaic solar panels on the roof (no more than a visual observation). That would (a) make much more sense than a second water heating system and (b) be a very nice set-up indeed!!

You're correct. I've signed up for phase 3 and I rang up the estate agent to ask about this as the BER report said there was no solar panels and I was a bit worried. He said they are going to use photo-voltaic solar panels which will power the heat pump and provide hot water which is an added bonus.

In terms of date of completion like most here as I was told July but the land valuation report listed it as 14 September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RAMOR1987

I've also put a holding deposit down on Phase 3 and was told end of June. Dearg81, what road is your house on?

RAMOR1987 wrote: »
    I've also put a holding deposit down on Phase 3 and was told end of June. Dearg81, what road is your house on?

We'll be on the very last road called Woodside Demesne so unfortunately we'll probably be one of the last built :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RAMOR1987

We are on Alderman road and told end of June by SF but we happened to get chatting to one of the foreman when we were up having a look around and he alluded to it being more like late July. By the sounds of things there will be delays on all of them in that case... would much prefer to be told it will be August/Sept, if it is going to end up that anyway. Any other streets had their dates pushed out?

I'm located on cotter close which looks like it's one of the last phases. I second that, I'd rather know it'll be August/September so as to plan around this time.
    We should have some updates this week as we're hoping to sign the contract, so I'll shout out should I have any more info on the completion dates for this location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

We are in the exact same boat as Lillian. I would advise against planning too much around completion dates as these have already changed a few times, although I have also found the builders generally to be very helpful. Hopefully with the days getting longer and weather better things will start running at a better pace.

Our solicitor has been in touch with our bank and seems to think they will be pretty flexible about allowing for further building delays without us reapplying for the mortgage. It remains to be seen how that will pan out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rayvic

We have bought one house of the last phase (Woodland Demense) and they told us it will be ready on August. In fact our solicitor manage to reduce the contract from 18 to 6 months. Although I must say we still have not signed.
    Have few queries pending yet: like the solar panels that someone in this foro has mentioned, and I have asked for scale plans of the house too.

Do someone get the scale plans or their house? I am finding difficult to get them and I cannot understand why as you would think it is a basic think that definetively they need to have it done before they go ahead with any development!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Rayvic wrote: »
    We have bought one house of the last phase (Woodland Demense) and they told us it will be ready on August. In fact our solicitor manage to reduce the contract from 18 to 6 months. Although I must say we still have not signed.
    Have few queries pending yet: like the solar panels that someone in this foro has mentioned, and I have asked for scale plans of the house too.

Do someone get the scale plans or their house? I am finding difficult to get them and I cannot understand why as you would think it is a basic think that definetively they need to have it done before they go ahead with any development!

For the proper house plans, try to contact <SNIP>
    He send us our plans no problem. It's in PDF format. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rayvic

Thanks Martynet

I will contact him

• Registered Users Posts: 1 POC04

Hi everyone,

We placed our holding deposit down in November for a house in the 4th cul de sac, Blackglen Heath. However, we have yet to sign contracts.

Our solicitor, despite numerous attempts, has been unable to get evidence that the Development bond (bond paid to council to finish development if builder goes bust) and Part V obligation (pay council for portion of affordable housing) have been complied with.

Without these two items the development is in effect unauthorised. Our solicitor cannot tell our bank the title is clean.

The above appears to be in place for the first two cul de sacs, but not for others. Has anyone had this experience? We believe this may be a cash flow issue, where the developers are paying for bonds etc. in stages as they complete houses.
    We are anxious to sign and move into Belmont.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Mod Note: Folks do not post personal contact details on the public forum. There is a pm function for a reason.

Morri

Hi POC,

These weren't issues that our solicitor mentioned before we signed our contract recently. A lack of homebond documentation was raised though, and our solicitor arranged for our deposit to be paid to the builders' solicitor until the documentation comes through. I'm no expert but possibly it could be worth your solicitor proposing a similar arrangement for the development bond?

There have been a few posts on affordable/social housing and it seems there isn't much clarity on the issue, although I wonder if that in itself would be so much of a sticking point for you...

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peterkiss83

Hello Guys,

Does anyone have the price list for phase 2 (I have August & October 2013 prices)?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

Phase 2 was launched Oct 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peterkiss83

Thanks bauble1! I thought they sold a few units in January as well?

Does anyone know how many units they are going to release in phase 3?

It is hard to get hold off the guy from Sherry Fitz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

Thanks bauble1! I thought they sold a few units in January as well?

Does anyone know how many units they are going to release in phase 3?

It is hard to get hold off the guy from Sherry Fitz...

Afaik they have already sold out phase 3 and I heard another person said they bought in phase 4!?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rory365

McDook wrote: »
    We were about to buy there but pulled out.
    A friend sat us down and got us to look at it from a removed point of view as we were emotionally attached to the house already.

Basically she said that if we hadnt come across the issues after we had fallen in love with the house, would we run or still be interested. In truth it would have been to run.

eg The halting site was something that we were trying to stay pragmatic about, but when we thought about it, until the plan is abandoned it is still a major possibility.

And even though we probably wouldnt be too worried about living near one, what happens when we want to sell the house in 10 years and the halting site is there. It will definitely effect the number of people interested in buying and the price.

Then I spoke to a friend in the know and he said that councils never, ever confirm that a halting site is going ahead until the day it does. He said they just say "It doesnt look like anything is going to happen now." when asked by joe public, because its easier than having to answer lots of follow up questions that they really dont know the answers too.

So until you see that the plan is abandoned altogether and the site is sold to a private developer, assume that there will be a halting site there in the future. And this may cause problems if you are ever selling.

In the end it wasnt for us, but best of luck to those who are going ahead.

My own two cents on this ( have nothing to do with this development and I really have no idea if a halting site will or won't go ahead) is that it is not as big a deal as people are making out. My family live in Templeroan in knocklyon which is very close to a halting site on the Ballyboden road and there is no issue whatsoever in terms of resale prices in the wider knocklyon area (even boden park which is very close to that particular halting site). There is also one in Cherrywood on the Knocklyon road and while not ideal the houses across the road in Landsdowne are still expensive houses. Similar stories on Whitehall road where some new houses were built circa 10 years ago which directly back on to a halting site and no issues whatsoever.

You can never control where the council will place a halting site so I would not worry too much over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Friend of mine mentioned to me that he read in the Southside People last week that the halting site will be going ahead on Enniskerry Road. He was fairly sure it was an official notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mlb10theshow

any new development announced in South Dublin ? If so, where can I get those information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 camo

fartyarse wrote: »
    Friend of mine mentioned to me that he read in the Southside People last week that the halting site will be going ahead on Enniskerry Road. He was fairly sure it was an official notice.

Will have to apply for that shotgun licence so.

fartyarse wrote: »

If you can track the article down please do. Doesn't chime with what people in the council were telling me a couple of months back, which was more or less that the site was part of a long-term plan (which I suspect was made to please central government) but they didn't have the budget to complete it anytime soon, didn't own the land yet and certainly didn't have any planning permission as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bells 1978

Anyone have the price list from the 5 October launch?? Please ??

Bells 1978 wrote: »
    Anyone have the price list from the 5 October launch?? Please ??

Hi Bells, it was posted earlier in the thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88448699&postcount=168

Hello Guys,

Does anyone have the price list for phase 2 (I have August & October 2013 prices)?

Regards

Look at Jolisa posts she kindly added them some time ago (13/01/2014 date of her post) I'm looking for 5 October price lists if any has them can they take a photo & post it please!!!

• Advertisement

Tks!!

Advertisement