Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Baileys4

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    To be fair, the idea of the boards is to express opinions, so not sure why you have a problem with this?

Who said I had a problem? It's unfair for people to share misinformation which this poster has done on several occasions regarding this development

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    To be fair, the idea of the boards is to express opinions, so not sure why you have a problem with this?

Probably cos he's pulling random figures out of nowhere, nobody's paying €3k in management fees as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

The car parking spaces for the carport houses are within the boundary limits of the houses so they do not need to be designated. It is your land. One in the carport, the other is technically in the back garden. That is why none are specified on the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

We will have a relative living with us for a while, thus we will have three cars. Two will go in the carport and, essentially, the back garden; will it be ok to park the other on the street right outside our window? We will be in the main drag, up opposite the reservoir, one of the Derrybawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bex12

bauble1 wrote: »
    The car parking spaces for the carport houses are within the boundary limits of the houses so they do not need to be designated. It is your land. One in the carport, the other is technically in the back garden. That is why none are specified on the contract.

Thanks Bauble, however i'm in one of the 3 bed Powerscourt models that do not have a car port. We are told there is room within the boundaries of the dwelling for 2 cars spots for this house but this is not designated, this is why there is a worry. Should another house try to use one of our 'spots' we don't really have a say which is very unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Bex12 wrote: »
    Thanks Bauble, however i'm in one of the 3 bed Powerscourt models that do not have a car port. We are told there is room within the boundaries of the dwelling for 2 cars spots for this house but this is not designated, this is why there is a worry. Should another house try to use one of our 'spots' we don't really have a say which is very unfair.

Surely if the parking spots are in the boundaries of your property you can tell anyone parking there to move from your property?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Are they freehold then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oosterbeek

Anyone know why the Gardai were at the estate over the weekend?

Heard a Garda car went up towards the area under construction and a Garda helicopter was spotted hovering over the part of the estate under construction the other day.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Are they freehold then?

Yes

Bex12 wrote: »

If it's the Powerscourts with the 2 spaces at the side of house then that is within the boundary of your property is it not?

The plans in your contract should show that.

The only spots that would need to be designated are the on street ones I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Yes

Well to judge from the previous posts there's lots of issues with title already and why would you need a management company on freehold properties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Dearg81 wrote: »
    They would own the driveway but not the footpath, as it's a public footpath. It is against the law to park on it but I imagine you would not be very popular with the neighbours if you rang the Guards about it.

It's not a public pathway until the council take charge, assuming they ever do. There are problems in my estate with cars using the footpath as car spaces, literally 4 wheels up on the footpath. The Gardaí have no jurisdiction and normal traffic laws do not apply. My advice is intervene early and talk to the owners, they're likely to get shirty about it so it might also be worth while pointing out how their car could very easily get scratched. Wouldn't that be a shame.

wrt40 wrote: »
    might also be worth while pointing out how their car could very easily get scratched. Wouldn't that be a shame.
    That wont work, you'll just end up pissing the owners off even more. If it really bothers you that much you'll have to suggest a reasonable alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That wont work, you'll just end up pissing the owners off even more. If it really bothers you that much you'll have to suggest a reasonable alternative.

What I mean is if people have to squeeze by there's a chance of damage occurring. Parents with buggy's trying to squeeze past a car on a footpath are not going to be overly concerned about whether they touch your car in the process. I myself have found myself inadvertently getting jammed between a car and the wall (Nothing intentional, I simply misjudged the space needed). You can imagine the pushing and pulling I had to do to get free.

Not sure I agree about having to present an alternative to the offending car owner. Just don't park on footpaths, period.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bells 1978

The car ports are to be used for parking - it will be irrelevant from a planning enforcement point of view if the council take charge of the development or not. parking won't be an issue if residents use their allocated spaces & there is a bit of live & let live when it comes to visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irishlx

Hi Guys,

A quick question. I am purchasing a semi detached of Phase 4. The contact price indicates "to include V.A.T.". Does that mean the price has not included V.A.T. yet. I have to pay additional 23% on the contact price? This seems to be very wired.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

T hawk 4 wrote: »
    yeah i have heard some things but the fact that it is contract free i am willing to give them a chance . I spoke with their customer care and they seemed to have treated me well too . fingers crossed but i apprecite the heads up

T_Hawk, do you have any feedback on the broadband connection?
    I'll probably move in in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if the service is as bad as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 T hawk 4

Hi Nakom,
    I am not getting 100mb like they advertise - not even close . it is supposed to be a dedicated uncontended 100mb fibre link and max i get on a speedtest is 20mb - at peak times it goes as low as 1mb . They say they are fixing but i still dont think it is uncontended as it drops at peak times . I see the communal dish in the estate so i would think that maybe the whole estate is sharing the fibre .
    I could be wrong and maybe they will fix it as i do see alot of conway trucks around at the dish so maybe they are fixing . fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 T hawk 4

Does anyone know of any other TV /Broadband options available in the estate ?
    I know sky TV is available , what other broadband ?
    I also read that UPC is available in the estate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bells 1978

We would recommend a very detailed snagger by the name of Paul Walshe who we used in conjunction with our architect.. I can safely say it was the best €250 we've spent to date. He checked very door handle, architraves, light fittings, tiles, you name it he checked it. We'll worth contacting him just to be sure.<Mod Snip>

Sent from my iPad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Poppy203

Hello

Does anyone know when the next phase of Belmont will be for sale? 3 or 4 beds? Also will the price substanitally increase from what the last phase sold for?

Poppy203 wrote: »
    Hello

Does anyone know when the next phase of Belmont will be for sale? 3 or 4 beds? Also will the price substanitally increase from what the last phase sold for?

I think I read somewhere that the next phase for sale is in August. They dont announce the prices until the launch day so nobody here will be able to give you a definitive answer on any price increases. Your guess is as good as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 marty-murt

Hi All,

I'm also keen on belmont but hear sherryfitz didn't budge on the asking price the last time. Is that true? Also any ideas how many houses will be in the next phase?

marty-murt wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm also keen on belmont but hear sherryfitz didn't budge on the asking price the last time. Is that true? Also any ideas how many houses will be in the next phase?

Yes it is true, they all sold after 2 days so they dont need to reduce the prices. It's the builders that set the prices anyway. No idea how many are in the next phase but there was ~ 36 in the last one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 jackwogan

Hi T Hawk I got Conway TV and Broadband , I have tested the speeds on my connection and am getting 95mb down and 35mb up even at peak times....and have had no problems.
    I did have problems at first with the wifi signal, but it is all sorted now.
    I also noticed one or two dishes in the estate but I inquired about them and found out all houses in Belmont have free satellite signal and there is no need to put up a dish. Maybe those people did not realize this and when sky came out instead of plugging the sky box into the tv socket , they just put up a dish (silly). My house has an information leaflet on a plastic box in the cupboard under the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Bells 1978 wrote: »
    We would recommend a very detailed snagger by the name of Paul Walshe who we used in conjunction with our architect.. I can safely say it was the best €250 we've spent to date. He checked very door handle, architraves, light fittings, tiles, you name it he checked it. We'll worth contacting him just to be sure.<Mod Snip>

Sent from my iPad

I've edited your post - Do not post the personal contact details of anyone on this forum, further breaches will result in infractions/bans.
    This warning is applicable to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiners

Has anyone received a closing date or a date for snag for Blackglen Heath ( the 4 th cul de sac)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Tiners wrote: »
    Has anyone received a closing date or a date for snag for Blackglen Heath ( the 4 th cul de sac)?

Would it not be easier to walk outside the door and ask your neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiners

liam7831 wrote: »

Obviously I would if I lived in the house but they are not occupied yet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

liam7831 wrote: »
    On-topic, constructive posts only, please.

Advertisement