Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 camo

Have had Conway's broadband about four or five months now. In general it is very good however on several occasions the connection has dropped completely or really slow which has been inconvenient.

I investigated getting in UPC earlier in the year and at the time they said that they didn't have access to the ducting. They said they may get it in the future, but may not as the ducting was installed for Conway to specifically use and they are unlikely to let another company use it (and lose business). I presume when we get owner representatives on the management company it is up to them to bring in what ever service providers the residents want.

I tried to get eircom and vodafone in earlier and avail of their broadband but was messed around for a few months with no installation and cancelled my request for it.

Glad you're enjoying your new house, hope you haven't had too many snags.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 7yearsnerd

camo wrote: »
    Have had Conway's broadband about four or five months now. In general it is very good however on several occasions the connection has dropped completely or really slow which has been inconvenient.

I investigated getting in UPC earlier in the year and at the time they said that they didn't have access to the ducting. They said they may get it in the future, but may not as the ducting was installed for Conway to specifically use and they are unlikely to let another company use it (and lose business). I presume when we get owner representatives on the management company it is up to them to bring in what ever service providers the residents want.

I tried to get eircom and vodafone in earlier and avail of their broadband but was messed around for a few months with no installation and cancelled my request for it.

Glad you're enjoying your new house, hope you haven't had too many snags.

When the broadband dropped, did you have to call their customer services? And did you go with them on contract?

We are currently not on contract since we want to try and test if everything is ok with them so we are paying extra.

7yearsnerd wrote: »
    When the broadband dropped, did you have to call their customer services? And did you go with them on contract?

We are currently not on contract since we want to try and test if everything is ok with them so we are paying extra.

I didn't actually. Should have now that you mention it. I'm not on contract. Was a bit wary myself when I started with them as I'd heard bad stories about them with other estates / apartments. For the moment I'm happy enough.

Am more concerned about the lack of visitor parking available. Its something which really needs to be addressed, especially when the estate is getting bigger. Haven't heard of any residents association yet and it's about time one was set up in my opinion. That's really up to someone to take on to get going.

I didn't actually. Should have now that you mention it. I'm not on contract. Was a bit wary myself when I started with them as I'd heard bad stories about them with other estates / apartments. For the moment I'm happy enough.

Am more concerned about the lack of visitor parking available. Its something which really needs to be addressed, especially when the estate is getting bigger. Haven't heard of any residents association yet and it's about time one was set up in my opinion. That's really up to someone to take on to get going.

would think the parking zone that currently is being used by the workers and builders will eventually become visitor parking area. Not sure how I got this idea from though. Could have heard of this ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

would think the parking zone that currently is being used by the workers and builders will eventually become visitor parking area. Not sure how I got this idea from though. Could have heard of this ages ago.

The site map I have has houses were that car park is with Future Development written above it.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    The site map I have has houses were that car park is with Future Development written above it.

That's the same on the map I've seen. Maybe it's time to start canvassing local councillors to see what will be done. With an extra 350 or so houses in the area and at least 1,000 new inhabitants surely something would need to be done to manage this impending issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

Hi owners of houses in Belmont,
    Also if not going with Conway, who did you all go with, Eircom?

Magnet is available as well, they offer the Fatpipe Fibre 24 service for 36.99 + installation (about 50/60 € if I'm not wrong) and no contract.
    I haven't got it yet but I might do it at the end of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Go for eFibre. Available as of last week.

Avoid Sky Conway, they are a crowd of Nordy crooks. If you own a house, get a Sky dish or Saorview ariel. You will never see UPC, EVER. Not unless these fcukers go bust.

wrt40 wrote: »
    You will never see UPC, EVER

I remember seeing a UPC van in the estate about a month ago, I have no idea what he was doing tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I should have mentioned too, eFibre also opens up more options for TV services so you're not stuck with the traditional Cable or Satellite. I know Eircom have an eFibre TV service. Not sure who else though.

• Advertisement

nakom wrote: »
    I remember seeing a UPC van in the estate about a month ago, I have no idea what he was doing tough.

You can get UPC tv service. Not broadband though. That's probably why you saw the van.

wrt40 wrote: »
    Go for eFibre. Available as of last week.

Avoid Sky Conway, they are a crowd of Nordy crooks. If you own a house, get a Sky dish or Saorview ariel. You will never see UPC, EVER. Not unless these fcukers go bust.

Did you get eFibre yourself? Was it with Eircom? How is it?

jackwogan wrote: »
    Hi WRT40, I live in Belmont and I have the 100mb package from Conway and the speed is always 90mb on speedtest.net aslo they are the cheapest provider in the estate, I check up eircom but they were €55 a month . I have Sky Digital and I would not go near evision as I had it at my last address and with 40 channel and only 10 I watched it really is not worth paying for. Also there is no need for a dish or aerial as Conways have already wired your home (well mine was wired already before I moved in , all I had to do was plug in my Sky box)

So I am better off with now :)

Hi jackwogan. I believe you work or have a vested interest with Sky Conway. If not then why are most of your posts promoting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Could we sign a petition that we want UPC broadband? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Steer well clear of Conway (also known as Sky Conway to confuse you). Absolute shower of wasters. Service is cr*p and constantly failing. You can be left without service all weekend as they only operate phone lines 9am to 5pm. I think there was an emergency number but that was never answered. Nearly all problems require a call out which can also take days.

Had them for TV and Broadband in an apartment block and it is the worse TV/Broadband service I have ever received.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Monife wrote: »
    Steer well clear of Conway (also known as Sky Conway to confuse you). Absolute shower of wasters. Service is cr*p and constantly failing. You can be left without service all weekend as they only operate phone lines 9am to 5pm. I think there was an emergency number but that was never answered. Nearly all problems require a call out which can also take days.

Had them for TV and Broadband in an apartment block and it is the worse TV/Broadband service I have ever received.

They are indeed a shower of wasters...they also currently have a monopoly on certain apartment developments...Crosbies' yard is one if i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jamesfan

You are ruining this thread. I have Tv and Broadband with them and I find them very good and for €27 a month for 100mb and digital tv please stop complaining or go somewhere else. Eircom will charge you €55/ month.

I want to find out about parking for visitors and is there a playground and when is the next phase due to open?

jamesfan wrote: »
    I have Tv and Broadband with them and I find them very good and for €27 a month for 100mb and digital tv

Where did you get those prices from? I contacted skyconway few months ago and they told me that 100mb broadband was 35.99€ per month plus 75€ as connection fee

You are ruining this thread. I have Tv and Broadband with them and I find them very good and for €27 a month for 100mb and digital tv please stop complaining or go somewhere else. Eircom will charge you €55/ month.

I want to find out about parking for visitors and is there a playground and when is the next phase due to open?

There is no designated parking for visitors. There is the 2 car parking spots per house(or a car port). Visitors will just have to find a parking space on Belmont Drive I guess. There is no playground mentioned anywhere that I've seen, just a 6 acre park. I think the next phase is due in Spring 2015.

Thanks Dearg

Regarding house prices have they gone up in the area. I think when all work in belmont is done prices will surely go up. If the area to the right when you drive in was to be finished and landscaped that would make a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Jamesfan, how did you get TV and broadband for €27? The only price I see online is €39, did you have some sort of introductory offer? Also did you have to pay connection charge?

Thanks

Thanks Dearg

Regarding house prices have they gone up in the area. I think when all work in belmont is done prices will surely go up. If the area to the right when you drive in was to be finished and landscaped that would make a big difference.

They definitely went up from phase 1 (August 2013) to phase 3 (Feb 2014) which is when I bought. I think the house I bought went up around 20K in those 6 months(from Aug-Feb) so I would guess that there will be a similar increase for the next phase but your guess is as good as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

nakom wrote: »

I got my hopes up with that UPC van, asked him was it in the estate now but he was just collecting a UPC box from someone.

Is there any reason why the next phase is taking so long? I have noticed that there is a lot less workers around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Jamesfan,

Did you see my questions on the TV and broadband?

I think they are behind schedule as they had to dig a trench to get the water turned on for the next phase of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Just moved in 2 days ago. I'm on 100 Mb broadband and it's ****. When downloading any file from any website, the speed is about 2Mb/sec. or less. With UPC the average speed was between 10-18Mb/sec. Not happy at all. What are the other options? When will UPC be able to step into this area?

Martynet wrote: »
    Just moved in 2 days ago. I'm on 100 Mb broadband and it's ****. When downloading any file from any website, the speed is about 2Mb/sec. or less. With UPC the average speed was between 10-18Mb/sec. Not happy at all. What are the other options? When will UPC be able to step into this area?

As far as I know the other options are
    Magnet: 24 Mb 36.99 p/m + around 50/60 setup fee without any contract
    Eircom: 100 Mb 48 p/m (first 6 months at 24 €) with 18 months contract

UPC is not available and no one knows if/when it will.

I have no problem with my connection I do get 10-18mb/s easy...

Hi jackwogan. I believe you work or have a vested interest with Sky Conway. If not then why are most of your posts promoting them.

Yes I think you're right. I was doing a bit of research there and noticed that jackwogan appeared in nearly all the threads always giving the same positive feedback about Sky Conway. Nearly all his posts were on the subject and he has since been banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Amy100

Hey everyone.. I have had a good read through the posts here on belmont. I have emailed sherry fitz about the new phase in spring 2015. I was wondering how the people living in the estate are getting on. What's attracting me to the estate is the fact that there will be set prices aka no bidding wars and the location of stepaside which is convient for my partners work. Anyone have any idea what the new cost of houses will be? I presume it will rise.

Advertisement