Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Amy100 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.. I have had a good read through the posts here on belmont. I have emailed sherry fitz about the new phase in spring 2015. I was wondering how the people living in the estate are getting on. What's attracting me to the estate is the fact that there will be set prices aka no bidding wars and the location of stepaside which is convient for my partners work. Anyone have any idea what the new cost of houses will be? I presume it will rise.

Hi Amy, I bought in the last phase but haven't moved in yet. You probably wont find out the prices in the next phase until the launch day. I rang Sherry Fitz before I bought and they told me they only find out on the launch day when they meet up with the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amy100

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Hi Amy, I bought in the last phase but haven't moved in yet. You probably wont find out the prices in the next phase until the launch day. I rang Sherry Fitz before I bought and they told me they only find out on the launch day when they meet up with the builder.

Great thanks! Hopefully will get my mortgage sorted now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

How much did the 3 beds go for in the last phase?

How much did the 3 beds go for in the last phase?

I think they were all between 350k and 380k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I think they were all between 350k and 380k.

So your looking at 370-400 this phase? They can forget about it at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

camo wrote: »
    Hi jackwogan. I believe you work or have a vested interest with Sky Conway. If not then why are most of your posts promoting them.

So who else has a vested interest on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

So your looking at 370-400 this phase? They can forget about it at that price.

And I think there were more at the higher price range than the lower end.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

And I think there were more at the higher price range than the lower end.

An absolute rip-off.

And to think people are borrowing money to pay it..

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Anybody know, how exactly the solar panels work? How are they connected to the electric network and how much and when they actually contribute with their energy? I moved in recently. cheers

Martynet wrote: »
    Anybody know, how exactly the solar panels work? How are they connected to the electric network and how much and when they actually contribute with their energy? I moved in recently. cheers

I was told by Sherry Fitz that they power the air source heat pump which would make sense as I know those pumps use a lot of electricity. I havent moved in yet so can't confirm that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

Are those heat exchanger things proven to be worthwhile and money savers, or are they an unproven oddball gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 New Buyer

To those of you that have already moved in, do you have a snagger you would recommend? If you do can you please PM me details? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

I'd be interested if anyone has a Derrybawn they have bought and might like to re-sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peterkiss83

Hi All,

Has anyone know how many units will be released in the phase; Spring 2015?

Thanks

Anyone knows when the area will open to UPC broadband? This sky conway piece of **** is ridiculous. Never get download speed over 3Mb/s/. With UPC I used to get around 15Mb/s no problem. So annoying.

Martynet wrote: »
    Anyone knows when the area will open to UPC broadband? This sky conway piece of **** is ridiculous. Never get download speed over 3Mb/s/. With UPC I used to get around 15Mb/s no problem. So annoying.

I though Sky Conway have a contract for exclusive rights. Can you not get e-fibre instead if it's that bad?

I though Sky Conway have a contract for exclusive rights. Can you not get e-fibre instead if it's that bad?

Is there anyone with e-fibre here? Is it any better than conway.tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Does anyone know who is living in Belmont whether Sky can come an install a dish on your house on your behalf, or do Conway.tv have the exclusive rights? I rang Sky and they seem to think it would be possible but Conway don't.

Also is there are any other options for broadband?

hey, you don't need a dish because there is a dish already for all the houses... The dish is pointed to the same satellite where the sky is. So all you need is to get a sky box and connect it to the wall and you're sorted. Of course if you want your own dish it's not a problem I think as it's your house and you can have as many dishes as you want, I'm sure. I got my own dish too but only because I have 3 transporders for different providers.

• Advertisement

Hi Marty,

Okay thanks for clarifying, do you have TV with sky or conway? And is conway the only provider for broadband in the estate?

We have tv and broadband from conway.tv. I don't really watch tv so I don't care about that. But you can get any TV provider you want... UPC, SKY whatever you like...
    Broadband is an issue. Because only conway.tv and some others are allowed at the moment. NO UPC yet. And I really miss the UPC broadband is it's the fastest broadband in Ireland and about 10x faster than conway.tv. I get pissed about this every day when I try to download something. With UPC, the download speed was between 10-15 Mb/s. Stupid conway **** gives me 1-3 Mb/s. Hate it. Contacted Sherry Fitzerald asking when UPC broadband will be allowed in the area but didn't get any answer yet. I'm still hoping it will happen soon.

What's also interesting is that when I do a speedtest on "speedtest . net"
    I get really good result, about 50 mb/s download and 20 mb/s upload, which is very good. But it looks like that conway allow high download speed only for this website :D to fool people... Because when I tried some different speed test websites I get different results... the real ones.

Thanks for the info, think I will go for the non-contract sign up so we can get out when a better provider for broadband is available in the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 New Buyer

For anyone that put down woodflooring in the living area, did you remove skirting boards to do this or leave as is and use beading?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Hi, did anyone discover any significant issues while snagging? We're doing it soon.

We're also planning to put wooden flooring down, did anyone need to get the floors levelled during snagging to facilitate that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

Hi All,

We are currently looking at purchasing in either Belmount or Belermine.

As far as I know both developments will have show houses open in early spring.

Any one who has purchase in Belmount can you tell me if the first floor is concrete or timber floor.

I have looked on the property price register and it seems the type of house we are looking at is roughly €400K (based on the prices for the last phase. I assume that this will jump for the spring lot. Does anyone have a list of house price for the previous lots?

Have any one on here bought a "Derrybawn"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where we currently live we have a 10 minute walk to the luas i assume that Belmount is fairly similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

cliffordqs wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Any one who has purchase in Belmount can you tell me if the first floor is concrete or timber floor.
    Hi Cliffordqs. First floor is timber (OSB)
    I have looked on the property price register and it seems the type of house we are looking at is roughly €400K (based on the prices for the last phase. I assume that this will jump for the spring lot. Does anyone have a list of house price for the previous lots?
    If you check the previous pages you'll find all the prices
    Where we currently live we have a 10 minute walk to the luas i assume that Belmount is fairly similar.
    It takes me 10 minutes with my standard walking speed, I recon I could get there in 7/8 if in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

New Buyer wrote: »
    For anyone that put down woodflooring in the living area, did you remove skirting boards to do this or leave as is and use beading?

I removed them. Anything in particular you want to know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭zoey48

First floor is timber, some form of MDF so you will need to overlay with carpet or some other form of flooring

Advertisement