Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

We bought a Derrybawn - almost ready to move into. Quite a few little niggly things still to be finished, but Kenny the foreman is very good at sorting things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

Has anyone heard any information on the next phase release date is now being changed to Summer 2015? Particularly about the reasons for it.
    This is what it is being said on their website now.
    Also, the link to the brochure was removed, here it is in case anyone needs it...belmontstepaside.ie/belmont_bro_2014.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'd imagine it's due to all the delays, houses they were supposed to be ready to move into in September still aren't ready which would have knock on effects on future releases.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'd imagine it's due to all the delays, houses they were supposed to be ready to move into in September still aren't ready which would have knock on effects on future releases.

Thanks, it's quite a disappointment for us.
    I went there today and took a look, I think they haven't even started yet under the new phase development.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

MayBea wrote: »
    Thanks, it's quite a disappointment for us.
    I went there today and took a look, I think they haven't even started yet under the new phase development.

They won't start the next development until the first is complete which will probably be around April. If you are thinking of buying in the next phase it could be potentially be another 18 months before you gets the keys judging by the speed they are currently building at!

• Advertisement

Thanks, this is definitely something to consider, we are not ready to wait that long..
    We mainly wonder of how much are they going to cost? If they decide to price them according to the general increase in prices since February'14 (which is around 23% I believe), the lowest would be €460K..Which is too much for the leasehold, in my view.

Has anyone having a house with a carport thought of converting it into a living space?
    Would that be generally allowed with the leasehold? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Thanks, this is definitely something to consider, we are not ready to wait that long..
    We mainly wonder of how much are they going to cost? If they decide to price them according to the general increase in prices since February'14 (which is around 23% I believe), the lowest would be €460K..Which is too much for the leasehold, in my view.

The houses are freehold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone having a house with a carport thought of converting it into a living space?
    Would that be generally allowed with the leasehold? Thank you.

I can't see you being allowed convert it. I haven't seen the contracts so I don't know if they preclude it but I understand that the carport is one of the designated parking spots for a car, if you convert it you'll have nowhere to park. And I recall the roads were very narrow in the development which would lead to problems if people are parking at the curbs.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

The houses are freehold

From what I read here (on boards) the residents do not own the gardens, but have an exclusive licence to use them, so the land is essentially under a leasehold rather than a freehold?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

I can't see you being allowed convert it. I haven't seen the contracts so I don't know if they preclude it but I understand that the carport is one of the designated parking spots for a car, if you convert it you'll have nowhere to park. And I recall the roads were very narrow in the development which would lead to problems if people are parking at the curbs.

Thanks NinjaTruncs, that is precisely the information I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

How do people find the Sky Conway internet? Is speed still an issue? How is it for streaming TV/films or using Skype? Is anybody actually with an alternative provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bex12

Is anyone by chance on here waiting to move into 'cotter close' at present? This cul de sac was meant to be completed in November since the last update from Sherry Fitz but of course has been delayed further. Left a message today for an update but haven't heard back as of yet. Just some small updates from builders on site. I'd be interested to know if anyone in this phase has been given a new deadline. Thanks

Bex12 wrote: »
    Is anyone by chance on here waiting to move into 'cotter close' at present? This cul de sac was meant to be completed in November since the last update from Sherry Fitz but of course has been delayed further. Left a message today for an update but haven't heard back as of yet. Just some small updates from builders on site. I'd be interested to know if anyone in this phase has been given a new deadline. Thanks

I'm waiting to move into the last cul de sac (Woodside Demesne) and I was told by Sherry Fitz in Nov that it would be Dec when the 2nd last cul de sac(I presume thats Cotter Close) would be complete and snagging would be done in Jan. Obviously that is not going to happen now. They're really bad at estimates and even worse at communicating!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bex12

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to move into the last cul de sac (Woodside Demesne) and I was told by Sherry Fitz in Nov that it would be Dec when the 2nd last cul de sac(I presume thats Cotter Close) would be complete and snagging would be done in Jan. Obviously that is not going to happen now. They're really bad at estimates and even worse at communicating!

Thanks for your info Dearg81, we were told a similar date by Sherry Fitpz but it now looks like it will be more Feb/Marcb based on their progress. I guess this is why they have moved the next phase viewing in summer. Hopefully we'll have some news as to definite dates soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

We moved in to ours n Belmont on 5th December. About a year ago, when we originally signed for it, we were told maybe mid to late July. It kept being put further out and further again. Realistically, I would add six to seven months to any estimate you are given either by Sherry Fitz or the builders.

Sky Conway seems to work ok here, though they had to put an extra booster in (€50) as it varied from room to room! It's fine now, though I don't download movies so maybe it suits me better than others.

Did anyone who bought a Laragh enquire about converting the attic? I'm just wondering if it's even possible at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

Has the developer changed on the site?

I see the new generation logo is removed from the sales website and replaced by SDR group?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rafa588

Hi ,

We have registered interest for phase 2 at belmont. I believe the launch is early summer 2015. I would be interested in hearing from people who have bought 3 beds in phase 1 re prices, build quality etc.area looks quite nice... does anyone know have they started building phase 2

looks like there is building on going but not sure if that is phase 1 still being built..?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Some good news here... UPC guys laying down the cables for UPC broadband. Should be up and running in 2-3 weeks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

Martynet wrote: »
    Some good news here... UPC guys laying down the cables for UPC broadband. Should be up and running in 2-3 weeks. :D

If this is true I'll be very happy. I tried to get Eircom fibre since the end of November with no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 7yearsnerd

Saw them today too. But reluctant to change now since we just spent 50 quid on a signal booster with Conway a frmew months back and the internet actually works well at the moment. And with the package it really is much cheaper tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

7yearsnerd wrote: »
    Saw them today too. But reluctant to change now since we just spent 50 quid on a signal booster with Conway a frmew months back and the internet actually works well at the moment. And with the package it really is much cheaper tbh...

Agree.
    40 euro for decent speed and quite stable connection, is not too bad.
    TV on the other hand .....

The WIFI booster though, will work with UPC also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

7yearsnerd wrote: »

You'll regret that within a few months. The hint is in their name CONway. Bunch of cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 7yearsnerd

Monife wrote: »
    You'll regret that within a few months. The hint is in their name CONway. Bunch of cowboys.

What makes you say it though? The only thing that kind of put me off is the customer support I won't get especially during weekends and holidays. So far my internet went down twice, both happened over the weekends, so you can imagine how frustrated i was. But it got fixed then and it is working fine for a few months now. Tv is a bit of shambles tbf but hey I can't argue with the price. I don't have time to watch much tv so it works well for us. I guess it really depends on your own situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 T hawk 4

Hi - I was wondering if someone could tell me what we need to do with the water charges ?
    I called them up to register because we did not receive a registration pack but they said they could not find my address and that we "don't exist" I left my name and number with someone in there for a call back but I have heard nothing yet.

Has anyone had any experience on this yet .
    In relation to the efibre it is actually live outside our estate but there is no copper delivered into the estate . We cant order efibre until the copper is ran in from the outside cabinet .

Conway is not bad for what you pay from my experience .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 T hawk 4

On another note - can someone advise what we paid management fees for when we bought ?
    Will we have to pay for them again ?
    Seems to be a waste of money as I don't see any "management" happening and with the building still going on I don't see any until its completely finished .

Does anyone know what the plan is for green areas or what the place is supposed to look like once the development is complete?

Is there a plan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭zoey48

I have been onto UPC twice and no one seems to know anything about cabling in Belmont estate, any idea how I can confirm this with UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mlb10theshow

Does anyone know if the next phase(2015 summer) houses will be built closer to the Luas stop than the previous phase houses ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 5arch

We had a few problems with Conway dropping the tv and internet signal at the start, but has been good now for a few weeks - put it down to teething problems with new estate. Think its good value for €40.

Regarding mgmt fees, am I right in thinking the initial €100 was only an introductory fee and will increase next year to €400+ ? I understand the money is put into a sinking fund so there is money to fix problems if they arise

There is a public meeting for residents this Saturday (20th Feb) I think to discuss the plans for the park with the designers / builders. Maybe get them to include some additional parking spots?!?

@mlb10theshow Yes, but only slightly. You can view the plans on Dlr coco website - search for ref D14A/0515

Can anyone that has been living there a few months tell me if they had issues getting their snag lists finished - the builder told us to sign and they would take care of our snag list but they have been pretty slow so far!

Advertisement