Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barbie88

Anyone put a booking deposit down on these at the last viewing date? There was a huge queue to speak to the marketing people but I'm wondering if people have put deposits down?
    Do people think there's any room for negotiation on price or is there a chance the prices could drop slightly if they don't all sell quickly ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

As of the last viewing 15 houses out of total 21 are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barbie88

stas wrote: »
    As of the last viewing 15 houses out of total 21 are gone.

Ok that's interesting. Did the estate agents tell you this? Any idea are all the 3 beds gone or what? Did you reserve one yourself? There was a huge queue when it opened at 12pm last Saturday.

On a side note the estate agents seemed poorly prepared. There was no computer models or drawing of the proposed houses and no house plans with dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

barbie88 wrote: »
    Ok that's interesting. Did the estate agents tell you this?

Yes, at the last viewing.
    Any idea are all the 3 beds gone or what? Did you reserve one yourself? There was a huge queue when it opened at 12pm last Saturday.

I think all 3-beds are gone. We did reserve one, yes. We got there at 11am, the queue started to form about 40 minutes before the opening. Thankfully nobody wanted to spend the night queuing, like it happened in the first phase or so I heard.
    On a side note the estate agents seemed poorly prepared. There was no computer models or drawing of the proposed houses and no house plans with dimensions.

In fairness, they had the houses and plans up on the big screen and in the leaflets. All the dimensions we got off the county council weeks before the viewing. Also the houses are pretty much the same as in the first phase, and two of those ex-showhouses were viewing a week before, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

june2015 wrote: »
    Did one of the agents tell you they're the same house designs? I rang today enquiring this and was told no that designs vary from each phase.

The are subtle differences between the designs, the planning application has all the dimensions - the reference is D14A/0515.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

MayBea wrote: »
    The are subtle differences between the designs, the planning application has all the dimensions - the reference is D14A/0515.

Thanks , are the designs on the planning application too or how have you seen the design for the new phase?

Thanks , are the designs on the planning application too or how have you seen the design for the new phase?

It has all the designs and dimensions for the new phase along with the old designs and a site map: Plans/Elevations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

These look like the new layouts http://www.belmontstepaside.ie/houses.html. Previously the kitchen and living rooms were switched in Type P and Q.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

strange. looking at the plans in the link on the dun laoghaire rathdown planning website above your post, the layout that was granted for example for a B2 type house is totally different to the plans in the belmontstepaside.ie link.
    the downstairs layout is completely different. Are sherry fitzgerald showing the proper plans i wonder, as going by the planning site, the layout that was granted is totally different with kitchen/living room switched around and downstairs bathroom and utility room located in an extension at the rear of the house. very strange.

Sounds like the one you are looking at is actually the old design ( permission granted under D10a/0440), the new design's drawing is directly below it - and this type has remained unchanged from the very first phase afaik - they're selling one like that now at 7 Loftus Lane, which is a former showhouse, worth a look if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Just out of curiosity I had a look at the plans, are there really new houses costing over 400k that don't have room for normal size table in the kitchen, how would that bar style table and chairs works with small children how would a 3 year old get up on one of those which means in reality you have to eat in the siting room surely that must put buyers off.

• Advertisement

I'm looking at D14A/0515 , applied for in August 2014 and granted November 2014 which supersedes D10a/0440. They applied to increase the size of all of the houses slightly. Looking at the drawings on that one, the builders proposed certain drawings(for example for a house type B2 they proposed the same layout as 7 loftus lane- which has kitchen to the front and living room to the rear), but if you look at what was granted, which is just above the proposed drawing you can see the layout has changed. It has living room to the front, with kitchen to the rear, and the utility room and a WC in an extension jutting out from the rear of the house. The layout looks awful, you've to walk through a utility room to get to the downstairs WC.

In fact all of the granted drawings are different. All living rooms moved to the front of the houses, and in house type C, and P the WC is located directly inside the front door to your left. The layouts look awful.

You are mixing up the proposed and the previously granted ones. The ones marked as "proposed" in the planning has now been granted in 2014 under D14A/0515. The B2 had previously had a different layout (utility/wc at the rear), which was granted in 2010, D10a/0440 - this house plan is now discarded.

You are mixing up the proposed and the previously granted ones. The ones marked as "proposed" in the planning has now been granted in 2014 under D14A/0515. The B2 had previously had a different layout (utility/wc at the rear), which was granted in 2010, D10a/0440 - this house plan is now discarded.

But I was looking at the D14/0515 plans and the drawing marked granted is the different layout (utility/wc at the rear). So is it that they haven't updated the granted drawings in the D14/0515 plans?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

But I was looking at the D14/0515 plans and the drawing marked granted is the different layout (utility/wc at the rear). So is it that they haven't updated the granted drawings in the D14/0515 plans?

Thanks

The granted one is the old layout from 2010, the proposed one is the new layout. It's titled proposed as that is a link to the planning permission request so at the time of writing it wasn't approved yet but is now.

Thanks, very confusing

Thanks, very confusing

No worries, I think that B2 house is the only decent 3 bed house out of all of them, it's the same design as ones from the first phase as MayBea said.

The other ones(P and G1) look too small downstairs. The P house had a bigger extension in the rear in the first phase.

Dearg81, as I recall you were waiting on Woodside Demesne completion, has there been any progress in this? have you moved in yet?

Dearg81, as I recall we were waiting on Woodside Demesne completion, has there been any progress in this? have you moved in yet?

Very slow progress! The three 4 bed houses have been built but the four 3 beds including mine haven't due to planning permission and then another delay because of issues with the neighbouring land.

They just started building and it should be done by September. You'll probably be moved in before me ;)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Very slow progress! The three 4 bed houses have been built but the four 3 beds including mine haven't due to planning permission and then another delay because of issues with the neighbouring land.

They just started building and it should be done by September. You'll probably be moved in before me ;)

When did you pay your booking deposit as a matter of interest? I've just paid one so interested in the timeline. We were told end of summer but I think that's quite optimistic

When did you pay your booking deposit as a matter of interest? I've just paid one so interested in the timeline. We were told end of summer but I think that's quite optimistic

Congrats june15. Which one did you reserve, a 3-bed?
    Some of the people I know were waiting for over a year to move in..

Congrats june15. Which one did you reserve, a 3-bed?
    Some of the people I know were waiting for over a year to move in..

Yea a 3 bed. Hopefully it won't be that long anyway! Do you know when they're starting to build the park ?

• Advertisement

Yea a 3 bed. Hopefully it won't be that long anyway! Do you know when they're starting to build the park ?
    I have no idea, but would like to know! The view of a building site is not enjoyable at all.

I paid it in Feb 2014 so nearly 16 months ago. I wouldn't think you will be waiting that long as my house would be the exception as it was the last cul de sac and also there is existing neighbouring houses at the end of my garden which caused the delay.

Dont listen to anything Sherry Fitz tell you about timelines as they just tell everyone the same ETA. Get in touch with the builders for a realistic ETA, they'll be able to give you a good estimate.

About the park - I dont know but I imagine that the houses will take priority so I wouldnt be surprised if that's not done until the end.

This thread seems a lot quieter this phase than the previous ones. Is that because of price rises I wonder, or that most people who wanted to buy here have already bought in previous phases? Anyone at the viewings today?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

This thread seems a lot quieter this phase than the previous ones. Is that because of price rises I wonder, or that most people who wanted to buy here have already bought in previous phases? Anyone at the viewings today?

I was there on Saturday. We certainly wont be following up our initial interest. Houses are built on to the street front with one car parked in the house. Poor compensation for no driveway with all other cars relying on street parking.

Kitchen size is woeful. Tiny space in the corner with a work bench and fridge all squeezed in here. The smallest kitchen table set up then to make the room seem somewhat big. Awful layout of a kitchen where any normal house functions from.

Then the livingroom is too big when looking at the size of the kitchen. Would sacrafice a smaller living room for a bigger kitchen.

All in all, I think these houses are not worth shelling out 400k plus for. And it smacks of the classic Celtic Tiger scenario, sure build a one bed shoe box, someone will buy it.

morrga wrote: »
    I was there on Saturday. We certainly wont be following up our initial interest. Houses are built on to the street front with one car parked in the house. Poor compensation for no driveway with all other cars relying on street parking.

Kitchen size is woeful. Tiny space in the corner with a work bench and fridge all squeezed in here. The smallest kitchen table set up then to make the room seem somewhat big. Awful layout of a kitchen where any normal house functions from.

Then the livingroom is too big when looking at the size of the kitchen. Would sacrafice a smaller living room for a bigger kitchen.

All in all, I think these houses are not worth shelling out 400k plus for. And it smacks of the classic Celtic Tiger scenario, sure build a one bed shoe box, someone will buy it.

What house type is it you were looking at ? They've been extended a bit since phase 1. The layout of the houses being built onto the road with no front garden can't have been a surprise if you drove around the initial phase as you come into aikens village on the left. I think for what you're getting its worth it. Show me anywhere else in South Dublin you can get a 1200 sq ft house in a decent area with a A3 BER rating for anywhere near the price.
    We were looking for 1 year plus in Dublin 16/18 area and what 400k would get you would depress you. Poky 1000 sq ft 1970's houses with BER D3 (if you're lucky) in depressing estates such as Broadford in balinteer.
    Id be pretty confident in saying having spent a years worth of Saturday morning viewings that what's on offer in Belmont is still decent value. Yes there are compromises, but there always will be.

morrga wrote: »

We actually find the kitchen to be sufficient for our needs, it also not that narrow as it may seem to be, it is almost 3m wide - you can certainly fit a table there (3m wide kitchen design idea image attached).
    I would also second what june15 has just wrote - no doubt there are better houses elsewhere, but they are either too dear or too far out. Stepaside suits us commute wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

We actually find the kitchen to be sufficient for our needs, it also not that narrow as it may seem to be, it is almost 3m wide - you can certainly fit a table there (3m wide kitchen design idea image attached).

We saw a different showhouse or else its from the end of the room the photo was taken. There is about a metre of space in the corner where the fridge is located. Not very user friendly if more than one person scrambling around the kitchen which is any given day in general!

I just think there could be better built houses and for the money I would prefer to see a different build type of similar cost in a similar area before shelling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

Heya can anyone give me a heads up re the TV situation up in Belmont is UPC up there? Anyone manage to sneak a sky such in? Same with broadband what are the options?

Any chance of a pub opening up in belermine plaza any time soonðŸ˜

cliffordqs wrote: »
    Heya can anyone give me a heads up re the TV situation up in Belmont is UPC up there? Anyone manage to sneak a sky such in? Same with broadband what are the options?

Any chance of a pub opening up in belermine plaza any time soonðŸ˜

You can get any tv provider. You dont have to sneak a dish in, it's your house so you can do what you like to it. Apparently you dont need a dish though, see this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92821974&postcount=651

Sky conway and eircom are the broadband options afaik, no UPC yet.

Dunno about any pub opening but there's always the Step Inn and the Blue Light which are good pubs and aren't too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

Thanks for that though I saw someone mention that dish weren't allowed on the house hence the question. Are all the bedrooms and sitting room/kitchen wired for TV?

Who you using for your BB. very reluctant to go with eircom after the way they screwed me around last time!!

Advertisement