Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

How much were the houses in the new phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

ch2008 wrote: »
    How much were the houses in the new phase?

The prices in the new phase were 400-430k for the 3 beds and 480-499k for the 4 beds.

morrga wrote: »
    We saw a different showhouse or else its from the end of the room the photo was taken. There is about a metre of space in the corner where the fridge is located. Not very user friendly if more than one person scrambling around the kitchen which is any given day in general!

I just think there could be better built houses and for the money I would prefer to see a different build type of similar cost in a similar area before shelling out.

Yeah, it's not ideal. I think they had the utility room there in the previous phase houses.

Sure, you can probably wait for Belarmine Woods, they're on schedule for the late Summer / early Autumn launch. They're relatively good size houses and will probably be selling for late 300k or so I heard... The outside design is not the best though, the red brick frontage looking pretty grim just now.

Baileys4 wrote: »
    The downstairs bathroom was tiled on the floor only. The main bathroom and ensuite are fully tiled.

It seems like the bathroom and ensuite are not tiled as generously as before, which is slightly disappointing (attaching a "before-after" picture here, for comparison).
    Another difference I spotted between now and then is that the dishwasher/fridge are now Amica, not Bosch...all this is indicative of cost cutting by the new builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

MayBea wrote: »
    It seems like the bathroom and ensuite are not tiled as generously as before, which is slightly disappointing (attaching a "before-after" picture here, for comparison).
    Another difference I spotted between now and then is that the dishwasher/fridge are now Amica, not Bosch...all this is indicative of cost cutting by the new builder.

That's a shame, it looks like the change in developer has had a negative effect. You can tell they're cost cutting just by some of the new plans (e.g the kitchen in the 3 bed with the carport is much smaller than before).

• Advertisement

I now wonder what are the other cost cutting measures they might come up with?
    Another thing I spotted was the quality of fencing panels, the previous phase seems to have a higher quality wooden fence, sadly have no pictures to show.
    These are all small things, but good to be aware of I guess.
    I can only hope this will not affect the park/green area (planting new trees and shrubs).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

you are not comparing the same thing I think, the one tiled in the picture is the main bathroom and after one is the ensuite bathroom.....

rock2009 wrote: »
    you are not comparing the same thing I think, the one tiled in the picture is the main bathroom and after one is the ensuite bathroom.....
    Thanks rock2009, you're right - I didn't have a picture of the main bathroom.
    Sadly, it doesn't change the fact - they're not tiling floor to ceiling any more (attaching a new pic). Btw I just noticed they used a really dark grout - I'm not sure I like dark grout with light tile, it looks dated to me.
    Are you also buying in the new release? If so, we are soon to be neighbours if all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Thanks rock2009, you're right - I didn't have a picture of the main bathroom.
    Sadly, it doesn't change the fact - they're not tiling floor to ceiling any more (attaching a new pic). Btw I just noticed they used a really dark grout - I'm not sure I like dark grout with light tile, it looks dated to me.
    Are you also buying in the new release? If so, we are soon to be neighbours if all goes well.

Have to agree re the grout, it actually looks old and dirty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

In relation to the appliances, in the showhouse today it was ; Bosch washing machine and oven, and amica fridge & dishwasher. So I'm presuming this is what they'll all be?

Also all 3 beds are sold out and they're saying next phase of houses will be launched August/September roughly

• Advertisement

june2015 wrote: »
    In relation to the appliances, in the showhouse today it was ; Bosch washing machine and oven, and amica fridge & dishwasher. So I'm presuming this is what they'll all be?

Also all 3 beds are sold out and they're saying next phase of houses will be launched August/September roughly

I would assume this is what they'll all be. This time what they had in the brochure was "Quality kitchen appliances included" as opposed to "Integrated Bosch appliances".
    I popped in for a quick look today as well and got into conversation about park with someone. Apparently they're not going to start working on it until all Atkinson drive is fully built..Which is probably another couple of years?
    Interesting about next phase of houses launching August/September. I would say that'll be 1-4 Thornberry road and 1-8, 20-24 Thornberry close.

I would assume this is what they'll all be. This time what they had in the brochure was "Quality kitchen appliances included" as opposed to "Integrated Bosch appliances".
    I popped for a quick look today as well and got into conversation about park with someone. Apparently they're not going to start working on it until all Atkinson drive is fully build..Which is probably another couple of years?
    Interesting about next phase of houses launching August/September. I would say that'll be 1-4 Thornberry road and 1-8, 20-24 Thornberry close.

i just see what you mean now in the brochure about "quality kitchen appliances". Disappointing considering we're paying considerably more than other phases. I presume it'll be half bosch half some other brand, as in the showhouse. Has your solicitor received your contracts yet?

We can only hope they won't replace the remaining appliances (washing machine/oven) with Amica. It's a bit of a shame really - and disappointing particularly after paying top prices.
    We went to take a look at Lyndhurst in Bray, a new development. And it has Neff/Whirlpool appliances, not saying about granite work tops.
    We didn't receive our contracts yet and EA said they'll be sent over "end of next week".

We'll see what the contracts say suppose. I presume they'd have to detail the appliances included? If they do replace them all with cheaper versions I'll pull out of the purchase. Not accepting cost cutting and greed after paying top dollar.

Actually you're right, they must be specified in the contract.

Does anyone here know if there is a children's playground planned for park/green area?

Yes there's one included in the plans on the DLR website. Is the construction of park part of the planning conditions ? Just worried that down the line the developer runs out of money and the place is left as an eyesore.

Actually you're right, they must be specified in the contract. I agree on your "top dollar" remark. They're taking a wrong approach on this with so many new developments around. And times have changed, they still have 6 houses unsold after 3 weeks...And who knows what lies ahead of us? I'd recommend them to bring back Bosch dishwasher/fridge :D

Does anyone here know if there is a children's playground planned for park/green area?

Which are the 6 unsold ones do you know?

Yes there's one included in the plans on the DLR website.

Very interesting. The original planning has not one, but two playgrounds:
    "Playground No. 1.
    Toddlers- 8 years Playground, with built in seating area with wet-pour rubber safety surfacing."
    "Playground No. 2 e for age groups 8-15 years old. Safety Surface finish to be wetpour rubber. Refer to outline playground specification for play elements."
    Is the construction of park part of the planning conditions ? Just worried that down the line the developer runs out of money and the place is left as an eyesore.

Can anyone purchased here before throw some light on this?

Which are the 6 unsold ones do you know?

All J2Bs (4-beds not extended), H1 (similar to this) & Q (4+study detached) afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

I bought in one of the earlier phases. They had a consultation meeting on the park area with residents, saying it would be put out to tender in April and that construction would start at the end of the summer/ planting next spring. There seems to be some ground work started.

On the design of the new houses. You can blame DLRCC for the small kitchens as if you look at the planning applications the builders wanted to have a larger ground floor area (like phase 2 & 3) but it was refused.

bauble1 wrote: »
    I bought in one of the earlier phases. They had a consultation meeting on the park area with residents, saying it would be put out to tender in April and that construction would start at the end of the summer/ planting next spring. There seems to be some ground work started.

On the design of the new houses. You can blame DLRCC for the small kitchens as if you look at the planning applications the builders wanted to have a larger ground floor area (like phase 2 & 3) but it was refused.

Thanks for this information, it brings some clarity.
    It's slightly confusing though, as on my last talk with the EA she confirmed they won't start on the the park until all Atkinson drive is fully built so that the park won't get ruined.

As for the design, you're right - I was looking at this application D14A/0127 quite recently - the proposal was to replace 93 houses with 87 and to modify the design for most of the houses. The refusal was made on the grounds of density being too low: "The proposed reduction in the number of houses for the overall development would result in a density of thirty eight (38) units per hectare. This is not considered to be of a sufficiently high density as envisaged by the County Development Plan and Ministerial Guidelines at this location, which is within 500m of a public transport interchange (LUAS). "

Has your solicitor received your contracts yet?
    The contracts reportedly arrived this morning.
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    Very slow progress! The three 4 bed houses have been built but the four 3 beds including mine haven't due to planning permission and then another delay because of issues with the neighbouring land.

They just started building and it should be done by September.

I had a walk around Belmont yesterday and noticed a couple of brickies working on a site at Woodside Demesne! Overall the site looked quite busy.

• Advertisement

The contracts reportedly arrived this morning.

I had a walk around Belmont yesterday and noticed a couple of brickies working on a site at Woodside Demesne, overall the site looked quite busy.

Have you been asked for proof of mortgage approval yet?

Have you been asked for proof of mortgage approval yet?

Yes they asked and it was our mortgage broker who emailed Sherry Fitz and confirmed that we've secured sufficient mortgage approval to complete the purchase.

I had a walk around Belmont yesterday and noticed a couple of brickies working on a site at Woodside Demesne! Overall the site looked quite busy.

Yea I had a look a couple of hours ago and it was very busy, I've been away for a couple of weeks so glad to see they are finally making good progress.

Apparently, we are required to pay the full sum of the service charge (€230.00 for 2015) on completion, together with the sum of €200.00 (sinking fund in respect of Phase 1 of the development). With us getting the keys in September (the earliest) I find it a bit unfair, does anyone know if it's possible to pay the half of the fees for 2015?

The second question arisen about the completion and snagging. According to the contract, when we are notified by the developer that the house is complete, we have 14 days in which to complete the transaction. It specifically noted in the contracts that we cannot delay the completion on foot of small snags such as painting or scratches etc., the snags must be significant. I wonder who is the one to decide about some particular snags being insignificant? Example - the entire house is not painted is significant enough to me :)

the snags must be significant. I wonder who is the one to decide about the snags being insignificant?

I'd say it's the builder but worth asking their solicitor. I dont think the 14 days deadline was in my contract.

I dont like the part about paying last years fees either. It's a bit cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

All J2Bs (4-beds not extended), H1 (similar to this) & Q (4+study detached) afaik.

Master Bedroom 2.67m x 4.32m :eek: put a standard Queens size bed and your left with approx 2 ft to get around the bottom of the bed. I really dont know how developers get away with this muck and then to look for €475,000 :mad::mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

230 + 200? that seems a lot.

Some people in phase one got the management fee bill this week and apparently it's 400 - which is 100 higher than what we had initially been told... ours haven't arrived yet, so can't say how it's broken down.

On anoth subject, UPC are in laying cable today, so we'll have an alternative to Sky Conway soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

Jolisa94 wrote: »
    230 + 200? that seems a lot.

Some people in phase one got the management fee bill this week and apparently it's 400 - which is 100 higher than what we had initially been told... ours haven't arrived yet, so can't say how it's broken down.

On anoth subject, UPC are in laying cable today, so we'll have an alternative to Sky Conway soon.

I think the 400e is made up of 300e for 2015 and another 100e to cover the initial fee if your solicitor didn't collect it when the sale closed.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone has signed contracts yet in this phase?

Advertisement