Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

Signed contracts with a mov in date on 2nd last Friday in August
    Trying to speak to builder re a couple of changes but no joy anyone else been in contact with the builder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

cliffordqs wrote: »
    Trying to speak to builder re a couple of changes but no joy anyone else been in contact with the builder

Did your solicitor find many issues wrong with the contracts or were they fairly straightforward ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

june2015 wrote: »
    Did your solicitor find many issues wrong with the contracts or were they fairly straightforward ?

Im in the process of signing the contract with my solicitor, what I was told that the vendor's solicitor refused to amend some of the terms, also they did not want to confirm the social housing in the estate, would be interesting to see if anyone else has any other issues on their contract?

rock2009 wrote: »
    Im in the process of signing the contract with my solicitor, what I was told that the vendor's solicitor refused to amend some of the terms, also they did not want to confirm the social housing in the estate, would be interesting to see if anyone else has any other issues on their contract?

What terms did they refuse to amend do you know?

Regarding the social housing did they just refuse to confirm if they were building it or not? As its included in the planning permission plans.

What terms did they refuse to amend do you know?

Regarding the social housing did they just refuse to confirm if they were building it or not? As its included in the planning permission plans.

haven't gone into details with the solicotr yet, will meet her later this evening.

Re the social housing the solictor said that they did not want to confirm where they gonna build the social housing within the estate, apparently every new development has to have a portion of affordable/social housing element, but not 100% sure, will ask the solicitor in details later.

• Advertisement

Ok. Would be interested to hear what your solicitor has said later if you get a chance!

Regarding the social/affordable housing, as far as I know they're in apartment blocks to the front of the estate. Have you had a look at the planning application on dun laoghaire Rathdown planning website?

The reference number is D10a/0440 . If you go to documents and then plans/elevations you should be able to see where it's being located.

met the solicitor yesterday. the terms they refused to remove is around if VAT changes the house price will change and they reserve the right to change the development which can be different from what we seen, the plan that we got can only used as guidance etc....nothing too significant.

met the solicitor yesterday. the terms they refused to remove is around if VAT changes the house price will change and they reserve the right to change the development which can be different from what we seen, the plan that we got can only used as guidance etc....nothing too significant.

Did the house plans you got with contract include the dimensions (length/width etc) of rooms ?
    What house type did you reserve?
    I don't think the VAT will be an issue as it will be very unlikely to increase. If anything it could decrease in the next budget as they need thousands more houses than currently being built, and the high rate of VAT on building is one of the things holding back the building of more houses.

Did the house plans you got with contract include the dimensions (length/width etc) of rooms ?
    What house type did you reserve?
    I don't think the VAT will be an issue as it will be very unlikely to increase. If anything it could decrease in the next budget as they need thousands more houses than currently being built, and the high rate of VAT on building is one of the things holding back the building of more houses.

I agree the VAT thing isn't a significant and our solicitor is OK with it too, but the contract also include something about if the price of building material changes, the house price will change etc, but my solicitor got it removed.

Re the dementions, the answer is no, there is dementions included in the plan/contract.

I agree the VAT thing isn't a significant and our solicitor is OK with it too, but the contract also include something about if the price of building material changes, the house price will change etc, but my solicitor got it removed.

Re the dementions, the answer is no, there is dementions included in the plan/contract.

That's interesting what your solicitor got removed. Do you know what else you got removed/changed? Just trying to compare to my own solicitors performance.

We got a subject to mortgage clause included and the max time in months allowed for builders to complete the house lowered.

That's interesting what your solicitor got removed. Do you know what else you got removed/changed? Just trying to compare to my own solicitors performance.

We got a subject to mortgage clause included and the max time in months allowed for builders to complete the house lowered.

I don't recall anything else significant that has been removed, there were too much information that we talked about, couldn't remember half of it now :D, just thought to mention the above in case it got missed.

the rest are quite standard and our solicitor also request them to include the mortgage clause and completion period as well.

so we will be neibours soon

• Advertisement

Due to be moving into the house in the next couple of weeks but it appears that TV and Broadband is going to be a mixed bag!!!

House wired for Sky Conway and UPC. Sky Conway only found out about the development today and UPC main cable into the site isn't installed. there is no Eircom line going into the houses.

Trying to get the management company rules to see if there is any exclusion re sky dishes.

Has anyone else looked into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

Congrats on the news, Clifford!

Do you know what's the completion date for snagging?The foreman says it's the 21st August, did you receive an official correspondence from vendor's solicitors?

You said the house is wired for UPC, but the main cable into the site isn't installed, did you try contacting UPC by any chance?

I didn't look into dishes yet I'm afraid, maybe someone from earlier releases can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Due to be moving into the house in the next couple of weeks but it appears that TV and Broadband is going to be a mixed bag!!!

House wired for Sky Conway and UPC. Sky Conway only found out about the development today and UPC main cable into the site isn't installed. there is no Eircom line going into the houses.

Trying to get the management company rules to see if there is any exclusion re sky dishes.

As dish should be fine. It's your house. It's not like an apartment block where you don't own the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

You don't need a dish. There is a dish installed already and it's wired to all the houses. So if you want sky, all you need is the box and connect it to the coax plug on your wall. Broadband with conway is ok, but I'm waiting for UPC. UPC was seen in the area couple of times installing the cables. So I think they might be online soon. I also heard some rumours that someone was messing with UPC cables to make it a bit more difficult for them to enter the area.... Intersting isn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if conway guys would know something about this :D

Just wondering about street lighting in cotter close and alderman road from the last phase. I notice there is no lighting as yet (the poles are up by not connected seemingly) leaving the entire area in total darkness at night. Yet it seems everyone has moved in. Was there a guarantee given in terms of when lighting would be enabled, as I wouldn't be happy moving into what is essentially still an unfinished site, and a health and safety not to mention a burglary risk. Did anyone try to delay payment over the fact lighting is not in place?

Hi Cliffordqs, I take it the move in date has changed now and you have not moved in yet, as I see all the houses are vacant still. Have they given you an updated date or reason for the delay?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 prayag

Hi guys,

I have bought one of the houses in the current phase. The EA had advised the house would be ready for snagging by second week of Oct. From what I see now, very little chance for completion by Oct. Pls if any of you who have bought in this phase advise on the current status?

Thanks

prayag wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have bought one of the houses in the current phase. The EA had advised the house would be ready for snagging by second week of Oct. From what I see now, very little chance for completion by Oct. Pls if any of you who have bought in this phase advise on the current status?

Thanks

What street have you bought on?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

trveller72 wrote: »
    Agree.
    40 euro for decent speed and quite stable connection, is not too bad.
    TV on the other hand .....

The WIFI booster though, will work with UPC also

Few months down the road, and I had enough of Conway (price is still very good, but if you can't use the internet ....)
    Using the BB for Netflix or streaming on a weekend evening it is a pain. if it is raining also, you can forget about using the internet.
    Anyone with Eircom BB can confirm how is that working?
    Is the TV service from Eircom (or Eir how are they called now) any good?

Few months down the road, and I had enough of Conway (price is still very good, but if you can't use the internet ....)
    Using the BB for Netflix or streaming on a weekend evening it is a pain. if it is raining also, you can forget about using the internet.

That's shocking. Won't be signing up to those Cowboys that's for sure. Any more word on UPC putting broadband in? I presume this Conway crowd are trying to block it as they know as soon as UPC go in they're finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

I have Eircom BB only. It works fine, streaming doesn't buffer but it's far from the promised 100Mb. Stability has been good as well, just had a couple of days in few months when it didn't work. The major problem was actually getting the line set up. I had to wait about 5 months before they sorted out a connectivity problem (probably on the router socket in the house since they completely replaced it).

I don't use their TV service, I can get hundreds of channels for free with the Sat TV + saorview for RTE/TVe/TG4

nakom wrote: »
    I have Eircom BB ... I had to wait about 5 months before they sorted out a connectivity problem (probably on the router socket in the house since they completely replaced it).
    Thanks for the heads up, it's all quite worrying. Look like the only way is to go with a 4g broadband for a few months before Eircom sorts everything out...

Off topic: I was reading up on heat pumps a few days ago and was wondering about difficulties you had with Dimplex - did you manage to figure out what was causing the issue? Thanks.

Update:On the phone with UPC now, apparently there is a UPC line in a house on Loftus Close in Belmont.

MayBea wrote: »
    Off topic: I was reading up on heat pumps a few days ago and was wondering about difficulties you had with Dimplex - did you manage to figure out what was causing the issue? Thanks.

Update:On the phone with UPC now, apparently there is a UPC line in a house on Loftus Close in Belmont.

Yes, it was the way the previous plumber told me how to use it. I used it as a standard unit, so switch it on when at home and off when at work.
    Apparently you need to leave it always on (never leave the temperature to go below 15) and just adjust it when you're in the house.
    Leave it on even when you're at work sounds like a waste but they're really good in maintaining the temperature at the same level. It's a different thing if they need to start from cold.
    Last winter the most expensive bill was around 200€ so I'm very pleased with it.
    The only problem is that those heating pumps should be used either with underfloor heating or with smartrads.
    Both of these require the water to be heated at a low temperature to work properly (around 30 for underfloor and 40 for smartrads if my memory serves me well).
    The standard rads need about 55. The ones installed on the house are a bit better than the standard ones but still require about 50 degrees to work properly (you can set up the temperature from the control panel).
    This means that the compressor on the heating pump needs to work harder wearing faster than it should.

Good to see that UPC is moving on

Very interesting and detailed, thank you. Great to hear the bills are quite low.
    You mentioned the smartrads generally require the water to be heated at 40 degrees to work properly, but you had to set yours at 50 - has it got something to do with the rads itself?
    I wonder how to prevent the compressor wearing fast.
    nakom wrote: »
    Yes, it was the way the previous plumber told me how to use it. I used it as a standard unit, so switch it on when at home and off when at work.
    Apparently you need to leave it always on (never leave the temperature to go below 15) and just adjust it when you're in the house.
    Leave it on even when you're at work sounds like a waste but they're really good in maintaining the temperature at the same level. It's a different thing if they need to start from cold.
    Last winter the most expensive bill was around 200€ so I'm very pleased with it.
    The only problem is that those heating pumps should be used either with underfloor heating or with smartrads.
    Both of these require the water to be heated at a low temperature to work properly (around 30 for underfloor and 40 for smartrads if my memory serves me well).
    The standard rads need about 55. The ones installed on the house are a bit better than the standard ones but still require about 50 degrees to work properly (you can set up the temperature from the control panel).
    This means that the compressor on the heating pump needs to work harder wearing faster than it should.

Good to see that UPC is moving on

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

We have the 100mb broadband an TV package with Conway an haven't had a problem with the download speeds, the only thing we needed was a wifi booster for upstairs to improve the speed. We don't have any trouble streaming netflix on two TVs.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Very interesting and detailed, thank you. Great to hear the bills are quite low.
    You mentioned the smartrads generally require the water to be heated at 40 degrees to work properly, but you had to set yours at 50 - has it got something to do with the rads itself?

The rads in the houses are not smart rads. You could slow the wear of the compresser by replacing them with smart rads but I doubt it would be worth it.

As Dearg81 pointed out, the rads in the houses are standard rads, not smart ones. The solution is to replace them with smartrads but they're quite pricey (about 500€ each one).
    Of course they are better, according to people that use them, they're cheaper to run and faster to heat but I'm still not convinced that it's worth the money.

Anybody having problems closing the sales of their new houses we snagged late August with very little and are still waiting to get the keys and it looks like its at least another two weeks off?

Any one else in a similar boat.

re the UPC th cables have been pulled for the new development and the TV points are in the houses etc but when we call UPC they haven't a clue about the development.

Anybody having problems closing the sales of their new houses we snagged late August with very little and are still waiting to get the keys and it looks like its at least another two weeks off?

Any one else in a similar boat.

re the UPC th cables have been pulled for the new development and the TV points are in the houses etc but when we call UPC they haven't a clue about the development.

What's the hold up with closing the sale have they said?

• Advertisement

Been told several stories at this stage but comes down to new part 5 planning regulations or so we are told. They came in on the 1st of September. looks like the 9th of October at the earliest before it is sorted.

Advertisement