Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jjcczz1221

Has anybody moved in at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Hi has anyone used and is able to recommend either of the following:
    -an installer of attic stairs?
    -an interior designer who can give advice on completing a few rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

seems like this phases is seriously delayed, I have been told it wont be ready for snagging until Dec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

rock2009 wrote: »
    seems like this phases is seriously delayed, I have been told it wont be ready for snagging until Dec?

What date were you given originally? Were you given a reason for the delay? It's strange as the houses look to be more or less finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

june2015 wrote: »
    What date were you given originally? Were you given a reason for the delay? It's strange as the houses look to be more or less finished.

I was originally told the 2nd week of Oct for snagging, but got a call today saying it's gonna be Dec due to weather conditions etc....so most likely gonna drag it to Jan now... did you get any updates on yours?

• Advertisement

rock2009 wrote: »
    I was originally told the 2nd week of Oct for snagging, but got a call today saying it's gonna be Dec due to weather conditions etc....so most likely gonna drag it to Jan now... did you get any updates on yours?

Pretty much the same story. Originally told the beginning of Oct. Got a phone call today saying it will be ready for snagging on the 20th of Nov. but it looks like it will get further delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jjcczz1221 wrote: »
    Pretty much the same story. Originally told the beginning of Oct. Got a phone call today saying it will be ready for snagging on the 20th of Nov. but it looks like it will get further delayed.

Who's giving you these estimates? I don't really understand how they can be that specific (down to the nearest day Friday 20th Nov) considering all the variables involved. All the estimates I got from Sherry Fitz were way off so I'd ignore them. The builders are a bit better but I'd still double what they say, if they said 1 month I'd say 2 would be more likely.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Who's giving you these estimates? I don't really understand how they can be that specific (down to the nearest day Friday 20th Nov) considering all the variables involved. All the estimates I got from Sherry Fitz were way off so I'd ignore them. The builders are a bit better but I'd still double what they say, if they said 1 month I'd say 2 would be more likely.

I got the estimates from Sherry Fitz. Actually, she was saying by the week ending of the 20th Nov. but I guess that is specific enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 form

<mod snip>
    Wallander wrote: »
    Hi has anyone used and is able to recommend either of the following:
    -an installer of attic stairs?
    -an interior designer who can give advice on completing a few rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

For anyone that has moved in, can you confirm if you were able to

1 - Receive Sky without paying SKY Conway 5 euro a month for admin to connect to shared dish ?
    2 - Order Sky Fibre instead of Eircom Fibre
    3 - Order UPC Services

I'm looking at a place in Phase 2 and not getting any luck with answers from the companies direct on availability on this development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

In relation to the TV

Still waiting on UPC to confirm when the live will be live the houses have UPC boxes in them
    You can get Sky through SKY Conway for the €5 per month. Make sure to ring sky and say your cancelling you account because there is no dishes allowed and they will give you credit on your account and a further discount to keep you as a customer.
    You cannot get eirocm up there the houses are not wired for it so broadband is SC or UPC.

SC do a no contract option so you can figure out hows this work and you can then skip over to UPC when it is available

Thanks for the answers.

Have the houses not been fitted with any phone lines at all then ? or do they use an supplied SC service?

No there is no phone line in the house so options are down to two for Broadband and 4 for tv

Broadband
    SC
    UPC

TV
    SC
    Sky via SC
    UPC
    Free to air

A sky conway broadband router fitted to the wall or the upc white box fitted to the wall

cliffordqs wrote: »
    No there is no phone line in the house so options are down to two for Broadband and 4 for tv

Broadband
    SC
    UPC

TV
    SC
    Sky via SC
    UPC
    Free to air

A sky conway broadband router fitted to the wall or the upc white box fitted to the wall

That's interesting regarding no phone line. Are the houses wired for alarms and do you know are smoke/carbon monoxide alarms fitted? How do you find the electrical specification regarding number and placement of sockets etc?

Thanks

june2015 -

I was in Jay Extended this morning and checked out your questions

Alarm - Wired all downstairs windows and doors with contact units and sensors in common areas

Smoke Alarms - on all floors in hallway, landing 1 and landing 2.. Wired powered but not sure if connected to the Alarm as they were turned off at fuse box

Sockets - Placement is pretty reasonable.

Lounge = 8
    Hall = 4
    Kitchen = floor 2 side 6
    Landing 1st = 2
    Landing 2nd = 2
    Bedroom (Large 1st Floor) = 6
    Bedroom (Small 1st Floor) = 6
    Bedroom (Large 2nd floor) = 6
    Bedroom (Medium 2nd floor) = 6

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

Choosing between the waste disposal companies, can anyone advise please?
    Here are the Thorntons fees attached http://cb.cr/HBdc
    Panda seems to be the obvious choice, but they don't display their prices and I have an impression the prices vary from even house to house in a same street.
    Could anyone shed some light on the total yearly prices they are paying or that they know of?

gareth_c wrote: »
    june2015 -

I was in Jay Extended this morning and checked out your questions

Alarm - Wired all downstairs windows and doors with contact units and sensors in common areas

Smoke Alarms - on all floors in hallway, landing 1 and landing 2.. Wired powered but not sure if connected to the Alarm as they were turned off at fuse box

Sockets - Placement is pretty reasonable.

Lounge = 8
    Hall = 4
    Kitchen = floor 2 side 6
    Landing 1st = 2
    Landing 2nd = 2
    Bedroom (Large 1st Floor) = 6
    Bedroom (Small 1st Floor) = 6
    Bedroom (Large 2nd floor) = 6
    Bedroom (Medium 2nd floor) = 6

Thanks, very detailed reply. Sounds good, won't have to worry about getting house wired for alarm or getting extra sockets installed. Have you bought in this phase ?

Any update on move in dates for phase 2

No updates. The houses are completed externally but no work has been done inside. People on Darley drive have been told January, but who knows.

I am expecting an update as I was told by Sherry that they will provide monthly update to the buyers. The last update I got last month is 20th November. It will be surly delayed AGAIN!

• Advertisement

For the houses on Thornberry Close that is just being built (they've started on the foundations afaik) my rough guess would be the beginning of May at the earliest.
    As for Darley Drive that would probably be the end of January , considering it's already November and we are heading to christmas and the end of the year holidays (and subsequent delays).

On the UPC side - I was on the phone with them, they're going to visit the site mid to end November.

I got a call from Sherry Fitz for the first time today and they asked me when I was starting snagging. They said the last day to close this year is Dec 15th which is 6 weeks away now. Assuming the snagging takes 3-4 weeks then you would need to be starting snagging in the next 2 weeks if you want to be moving in before Christmas I think.

Snagging generally only takes two weeks and in house of this nature they should be minimal snags and mainly ascetic/touch up issues. The snagging will not be long drawn out affair but you should confirm (with the person who is carrying out your snagging)who long from his snag walk around with his report be issued to the builder.

Snagging generally only takes two weeks and in house of this nature they should be minimal snags and mainly ascetic/touch up issues. The snagging will not be long drawn out affair but you should confirm (with the person who is carrying out your snagging)who long from his snag walk around with his report be issued to the builder.

Yea fair point, each house is different though. 2-3 weeks is probably the average although they will probably be a bit quicker for me given that they'll want to close this year.
    Hi,

Do you mind to tell me which house you are buying? Mine is No 18 on Atkinsion Drive and it is far from complete

I'm buying on Woodside Demesne. My house was phase 1 but a couple of the other houses on my road are phase 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mrthemooch

Playground isn't detailed in plans I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lelka_zzz

Could anyone recommend us snagging company? It looks like houses on Woodside Demesne will be ready for it in 2 weeks.

Lelka_zzz wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend us snagging company? It looks like houses on Woodside Demesne will be ready for it in 2 weeks.

PM sent.

For anyone concerned, the lights are finally on at Atkinson Drive.

Virgin media/UPC have been up laying cables and putting connections into houses on Atkinson drive. Has anyone from phase 1 been in touch with virgin media in relation to signing up and is broadband also available along with tv?

• Advertisement

A quick question for the people who have moved in or just about to.

What address are you using for online systems when ordering insurance, phone, as Atkinson Drive, Belmont, Stepaside, D18 doesn't exist in majority of online databases yet

Advertisement