Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ria0090

We are looking at Woodside Demesne too. When will your house be ready? We were told end of january . Do you have the sizes for the rooms?
    You also mentioned phase 1 and 2. I was thinking woodside demesne is the phase 2 as they were still building them.I may be wrong.
    Thank you so much.

I'm buying on Woodside Demesne. My house was phase 1 but a couple of the other houses on my road are phase 2.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

Does anyone know the proper name or contact details for the supplier of the kitchens and wardrobes?

Sherry Fitz said Celtic Kitchens and can be found on google... but no details show up.

Cheers

Gareth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

gareth_c wrote: »
    Does anyone know the proper name or contact details for the supplier of the kitchens and wardrobes?

Sherry Fitz said Celtic Kitchens and can be found on google... but no details show up.

Cheers

Gareth

I think this is their site - https://celticinteriors.com/.

I'll PM you their contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

Cheers

Gareth

PM sent.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think this is their site - https://celticinteriors.com/.

I'll PM you their contact details.
    I think we all were made to think it's them... It's not :)
    I was speaking to someone from Celtic Interiors and was told it's not the first time they receive calls from Belmont residents.

• Advertisement

MayBea wrote: »
    PM sent.

I won't bother so ;-)

Thanks for the PM and info, will try and call them today and will pop back with outcome.

Cheers

Gareth

june2015 wrote: »
    Virgin media/UPC have been up laying cables and putting connections into houses on Atkinson drive. Has anyone from phase 1 been in touch with virgin media in relation to signing up and is broadband also available along with tv?

Has anyone here got Virgin broadband and TV? I tried ordering it today and they kept asking me if any of my neighbours had it. I told them I already have the Virgin TV and broadband points installed in the house but beacuse my address wasnt in the system I couldn't order it.

I have an active ticket open with the "Home move" team to look at moving my existing service as that is in contract and to terminate would be 200 euro charge.

They keep telling me the closest place is Belamine Drive and asked them to re-check due a call back this week.

please let me know if you manage to sort them out.

Cheers

Gareth

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jjcczz1221

Does anyone know when the developers are due to come back on site?

• Advertisement

gareth_c wrote:
    I have an active ticket open with the "Home move" team to look at moving my existing service as that is in contract and to terminate would be 200 euro charge.

They keep telling me the closest place is Belamine Drive and asked them to re-check due a call back this week.

please let me know if you manage to sort them out.

There's a couple of Belmont houses in Loftus Close which appear in their system. You can check that on the Virgin website. If these houses have it then I don't see why the rest of us can't. I'll keep you updated on how I get on.

jjcczz1221 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the developers are due to come back on site?

I was told middle of this week, as the schools return.

Thanks Gareth.

There's a couple of Belmont houses in Loftus Close which appear in their system. You can check that on the Virgin website. If these houses have it then I don't see why the rest of us can't. I'll keep you updated on how I get on.

The team just rang me from the oversea's call center and they still cant find the address or plans when it will be enabled. I told them about loftus close and that shows up on there system but you can not order on it as "no services available" and I just checked on the virginmedia.ie website and all services show as grey with an X on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

They're in no hurry to finish the houses that's for sure. Ours has been 95% completed since late September and still no date for snagging yet.

june2015 wrote: »
    They're in no hurry to finish the houses that's for sure. Ours has been 95% completed since late September and still no date for snagging yet.

That's shocking. We have sent our daughter back home just for this. We are hoping to get everything ready before she came back in early March!

Has anyone here got Virgin broadband and TV? I tried ordering it today and they kept asking me if any of my neighbours had it. I told them I already have the Virgin TV and broadband points installed in the house but beacuse my address wasnt in the system I couldn't order it.

We were on the phone with them today and received a promise to get connected in a week time (it was the same with address not being found, but they finally confirmed it )

We were on the phone with them today and received a promise to get connected in a week time (it was the same with address not being found, but they finally confirmed it )

That's good news. How did you get around the "we cant find your address in the system" problem? I've been going round in circles on the phone and on the live chat.

That's good news. How did you get around the "we cant find your address in the system" problem? I've been going round in circles on the phone and on the live chat.

PM.

Btw, I've just checked the internet connection, it is up and working.

Still struggling with them, a call today from the overseas call center "the address does not exist and will not be available in 2016"
    PM.

Btw, I've just checked the internet connection, it is up and working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

The kitchen provider is one man band type of thing he does not have a website.

Maurice O’Rourke 0872257305. This is his name and number. He did a quick job in the house and had no problems with him

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

They are back since the 4th

VirginMedia home move team say they are running cables and will be able to take my order from "next week" they could not say if this was Monday or Friday but we will see what happens next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

VirginMedia home move team say they are running cables and will be able to take my order from "next week" they could not say if this was Monday or Friday but we will see what happens next week.

Yeah, I heard they ****ed up something at the beginning when they tried to work in the area of 1st and 2nd phase. In the end they started from scratch but from the other end of the road where the newest houses are, moving towards the older houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

Has anyone heard anything about the park area? If/ when they will start work on it?

bauble1 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the park area? If/ when they will start work on it?

It won't start until Atkinson Drive is fully built, or so I heard from the builders last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nicolasun

Anyone know what is the closing date of the current build house?(Thornberry Close....)

There are houses currently closing at Darley Drive afaik. With Easter ahead of us I'd suggest it won't happen the end of April the earliest.
    nicolasun wrote: »
    Anyone know what is the closing date of the current build house?(Thornberry Close....)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nicolasun

There are houses currently closing at Darley Drive afaik. With Easter ahead of us I'd suggest it won't happen the end of April the earliest.

Thanks, they were doing the external painting on the terraced houses last week. Do they need such a long time for the internal stuffs?

• Advertisement

nicolasun wrote: »
    Thanks, they were doing the external painting on the terraced houses last week. Do they need such a long time for the internal stuffs?

Yes, as they rely on external contractors for some of the works and suppliers, i.e. kitchens & wardrobes etc. Also, the ESB can take its time connecting to the power supply.

Advertisement