Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nicolasun

MayBea wrote: »
    Yes, as they rely on external contractors for some of the works and suppliers, i.e. kitchens & wardrobes etc. Also, the ESB can take its time connecting to the power supply.

Thanks a million, have you chosen any house in this estate? Did the agent ask you to choose samples this Saturday? I am curious what are they as I was told nothing is optional before.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

nicolasun wrote: »
    Thanks a million, have you chosen any house in this estate? Did the agent ask you to choose samples this Saturday? I am curious what are they as I was told nothing is optional before.

They were not providing any choice previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jjcczz1221

Guys, did you pay extras to get the bathrooms fully tiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

jjcczz1221 wrote: »
    Guys, did you pay extras to get the bathrooms fully tiled?

yeah this is one of their cost cutting measures, you need to pay to get the bathroom fully tiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Anyone buy in the latest phase which launched this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 itchap2

Anyone buy in the latest phase which launched this weekend?

Yes, we paid our booking deposit this morning!

itchap2 wrote: »
    Yes, we paid our booking deposit this morning!

Congrats , what house type did you go for?

Congrats , what house type did you go for?

Jay A

Have they given you an estimated date of completion ?

They said it should be completed in about 6 weeks after contract signing which is be issued next week and signed aprox 21 days later. So it should be ready for surveying in about 2-3 months. They estimated we should have the keys in 3-4 months.

• Advertisement

Is it on Atkinson drive ? Take what dates they give you with a pinch of salt, sherry Fitzgerald will tell you anything to get the booking deposit. Often the best source of information is from the builders themselves and even at that their dates can be wildly optimistic.

Is it on Atkinson drive ? Take what dates they give you with a pinch of salt, sherry Fitzgerald will tell you anything to get the booking deposit. Often the best source of information is from the builders themselves and even at that their dates can be wildly optimistic.

Thornberry Road. We're no hurry but we hope to have the keys at least by Sept, do you think that's too optimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cdpb

We've bought in this phase too. We dont have the contracts, did it have completion date on these? Or where did you get completion date?
    When we were up there we were told autumn, so really said to ourselves it could be Nov/ Dec, would love if it was ready earlier though!

cdpb wrote: »
    We've bought in this phase too. We dont have the contracts, did it have completion date on these? Or where did you get completion date?
    When we were up there we were told autumn, so really said to ourselves it could be Nov/ Dec, would love if it was ready earlier though!

How long ago did you buy cdpb? We paid the booking deposit last Tuesday and were told to expect the contracts end of this week.

We were also told completion date would be in the contracts but this date would be subject to slippage.

itchap2 wrote: »
    How long ago did you buy cdpb? We paid the booking deposit last Tuesday and were told to expect the contracts end of this week.

We were also told completion date would be in the contracts but this date would be subject to slippage.

We paid the booking deposit the previous week, however were delayed in giving our solicitor's details so the delay was probably on our side.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

Are the prices of the houses listed anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

ch2008 wrote: »
    Are the prices of the houses listed anywhere?

Property price register for the ones that have been sold. Sherry Fitzgerald for ones on sale

Just wondering has anyone signed contracts or did your solicitors find many issues?

Just wondering has anyone signed contracts or did your solicitors find many issues?

My solicitor hasn't found any issue. It is good.

Ok good to know thanks, ours seemed happy with it also, but having read back on previous phases there seemed to be a few issues, so was hoping they were resolved and not in our contract, rather than our solicitor just not picking up on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gcomer123

Anyone know what's planned for the last phase (the one not yet on sale)? I checked the planning and see a mix of apartments & houses but hard to figure out what is what from the plans with my novice eyes :)

Am looking at the area to the South East of the site, which would border the Ferncarrig Estate lets say, over near the pumping station. Anyone know what is planned for over there in terms of houses and apartments?

Thanks
    G!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

How much were the 4 beds original? I don't see any houses that have sold for 470K on the register. Are people haggling this price down or is 470K a new price hike? Anyone know what the price hike have been so far?

Just so you know on price register the price of new builds dont include Vat of 13.5%, so prices look less than they actually were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

qrx wrote: »
    How much were the 4 beds original? I don't see any houses that have sold for 470K on the register. Are people haggling this price down or is 470K a new price hike? Anyone know what the price hike have been so far?

They've been ~ 470k for around ayear now. I dont have last years price list but here's the prices from 2 years ago:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/98243/351103.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/98243/351102.jpg

There is definitely room for haggling in the prices for the 4 beds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Anyone have any experience moving while selling your existing home? I know selling your home first probably puts you in a better position but it's just far too risky for me considering I could end up selling and not being able to find anywhere else. how are these guys with that? Are they happy to let you put down a deposit and give you reasonable time to sell?

We've been told end of 2016 beginning of 2017 for completion? Has anyone else been told this or are you getting earlier dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrqpr

Hi,
    Any info on the completion date of Thornberry Drive? It's the street behind the existing show house (peregrine). I have recently seen what looks like the initial blocks laid in that general area.

Does anybody know how many stories high the new apartments in the front part of the development will be? I assume it will be in keeping with the general look of the development?

Regarding the parking, I've seen mention of 2 spaces per house. Is this the case? I'd hope to avoid having to battle for a space that's supposed to be assigned to me.

thanks!

Ok good to know thanks, ours seemed happy with it also, but having read back on previous phases there seemed to be a few issues, so was hoping they were resolved and not in our contract, rather than our solicitor just not picking up on them.

Which previous phases do you mean? I am on the phase which released in January.

gcomer123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what's planned for the last phase (the one not yet on sale)? I checked the planning and see a mix of apartments & houses but hard to figure out what is what from the plans with my novice eyes :)

Am looking at the area to the South East of the site, which would border the Ferncarrig Estate lets say, over near the pumping station. Anyone know what is planned for over there in terms of houses and apartments?

Thanks
    G!

I asked this question a lot of times to the agent. First time they told me 'all houses', second time I was told 'mixed', the last time they said 'don't know yet'!

• Advertisement

We've been told end of 2016 beginning of 2017 for completion? Has anyone else been told this or are you getting earlier dates?

When I booked my house in January, the frame of the ground floor is ready. I was told it should be complete at the end of this month or the beginning of May. You can use it as a reference.

Advertisement