Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

qrx wrote: »
    How much were the 4 beds original? I don't see any houses that have sold for 470K on the register. Are people haggling this price down or is 470K a new price hike? Anyone know what the price hike have been so far?

There are many different types of 4-beds. The 150 sq m semi-detached were €499k last summer, the 135 sq m detached (red-brick) were also €499k.
    The 135 sq m semi-detached are selling for €470K now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sandy2016

rock2009 wrote: »
    I don't recall anything else significant that has been removed, there were too much information that we talked about, couldn't remember half of it now :D, just thought to mention the above in case it got missed.

the rest are quite standard and our solicitor also request them to include the mortgage clause and completion period as well.

so we will be neibours soon

I am looking for a solicitor to sign my contracts any suggestions?

Recommendations by pm only as per charter. Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

Has anybody been given indication re the green area and the landscaping

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bunnyboiler38

I am about to close for thornberry close and I am very unhappy with my house ! The exterior is all cement and muck the garden had no shed ! The front door architrave is damaged ! The doors were sticking ! Holes in the floors and walls and ceiling !!! Not happy and the price was 420 k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I am about to close for thornberry close and I am very unhappy with my house ! The exterior is all cement and muck the garden had no shed ! The front door architrave is damaged ! The doors were sticking ! Holes in the floors and walls and ceiling !!! Not happy and the price was 420 k

Did you do a snag list? That's what it's for.

Was it sold with a shed? Id be very surprised if a new build came with a shed.

• Advertisement

Did you do a snag list? That's what it's for.

Was it sold with a shed? Id be very surprised if a new build came with a shed.

Yes I was told that the shed was part of the deal and this was my first snag list I was told the house would be ready for Wednesday coming but I was also told that the front had to be ripped Up again as its too steep. I am next door to the show house and my house looks like its got seconds !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jorg_East

Hello,

Those that live in Belmont already may have received a leaflet about a new development in the area. I've done a bit of research and I thought some of you might be interested, especially those that bought houses facing the empty zone on the west of the Belmont (first houses sold 2 years ago). A new development will be built there and they are at planning permission stage.

EDIT: looks like I cannot post links here so here is the Planning Application Reference number that you can use on the dlrcoco website to find more details: D16A/0393

Anyone having problems with water pressure in the Belmont estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 T hawk 4

Jorg_East wrote: »
    Hello,

Those that live in Belmont already may have received a leaflet about a new development in the area. I've done a bit of research and I thought some of you might be interested, especially those that bought houses facing the empty zone on the west of the Belmont (first houses sold 2 years ago). A new development will be built there and they are at planning permission stage.

EDIT: looks like I cannot post links here so here is the Planning Application Reference number that you can use on the dlrcoco website to find more details: D16A/0393

Hi All,

Details are below for the proposed

Application Date:
    30-May-2016

Planning Application Ref:
    D16A/0393

Registration Date:
    30-May-2016

Decision Date:

Application Type:
    Permission

Extension of time to:

Main Location:
    1.5 hectare site located on lands known as Aikens Village, Village Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18 (The site is accessed from Village Road)

Proposal:
    Permission for a total of 56 dwellings consisting of 39 three and four bedroom

Full Description:
    Permission for a total of 56 dwellings consisting of 39 three and four bedroom houses and 17 one, two and three bedroom apartments. The development comprises of 3 no. 1 bed apartments, 13 no. 2 bed apartments, 1 no. 3 bed apartment, 27 no. 3 bed houses and 12 no. 4 bed houses. The proposed dwellings range from 2 to three storeys in height. The proposed apartment block containing 17 no. units is a total of four storeys over ground level to the east and five storeys over ground level to the west, including the undercroft car parking area. There is a setback at the upper storey. The apartment building includes balconies/terraces at ground, first and second floor level, a terrace at third floor level, and a green roof. The proposed development includes vehicular access from Village Road, all associated site and infrastructural works including foul and surface water drainage; surface and undercroft car parking; public open spaces; landscaping, boundary treatment, new internal roads, cycle paths and footpaths.

<b>Registered application</b>

Status Description:
    Registered applications

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rustyblade

Can anyone living in Belmont please confirm if your address mentions the words Aikens Village or not? Surely it should be just Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Rustyblade wrote: »
    Can anyone living in Belmont please confirm if your address mentions the words Aikens Village or not? Surely it should be just Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18? Thanks in advance

It's just Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18.

Thanks Dearg81, we had been given contracts with Aikens Village in the address and are changing them. Don't know why this error would be happening now as they've already sold phases of these...

Thanks Dearg81, we had been given contracts with Aikens Village in the address and are changing them. Don't know why this error would be happening now as they've already sold phases of these...

Sorry, I didn't realise you were asking what was in the contract. I'll have to check that later. Why does it matter though? Both are technically correct.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't realise you were asking what was in the contract. I'll have to check that later. Why does it matter though? Both are technically correct.

Well firstly because Belmont isn't in Aikens Village so it would be confusing placing it in the address. Secondly the contract and the postal address should be consistent. I can't see why they wouldn't be?

Well firstly because Belmont isn't in Aikens Village so it would be confusing placing it in the address. Secondly the contract and the postal address should be consistent. I can't see why they wouldn't be?

It is in Aikens Village though. That's why I said you can use either address. They are both correct.

391631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 belmont2016

Hi,
    The address we use is Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18 and the eircode at the end.

Using Aikens village also makes it a bit of a mouthful. Both adresses are valid and you will receive post with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 belmont2016

We are new to the estate and are loving it so far. Build quality is very good and the builders have been very quick to fix any minor issue. I'm just wondering about the property management company ... I've been told it's the same as the one who maintain the stepaside park estate, which is maintained to an excellent standard of planting. Hopefully it'll be the same in Belmont. Does anyone know about the local Gaelscoil taobh na coille, does it have a good reputation and is it hard to get children enrolled in ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The management company is a legal entity comprised of all owners in a managed development. The management company usually hires a management agent to look after the day to day stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

Are there any more houses being built in this development? I know there are apartments but it wasn't clear if there is another phase of houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itchap2

Hey Belmont neighbours :) We submitted our snag list on the 21st of July, anyone have any idea how long it takes the builders to turn it around, normally speaking?

• Advertisement

itchap2 wrote: »
    Hey Belmont neighbours :) We submitted our snag list on the 21st of July, anyone have any idea how long it takes the builders to turn it around, normally speaking?

Usually around 2 weeks.

You were spot on @Dearg81, just got our keys today! Happy days! Can't wait to move in now and start sampling life in Stepaside and it's beautiful surroundings!

Anyone with any good advice on local places to visit and worthwhile things to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

Welcome to the area. I can highly recommend the following for your first weekend after moving in

* Golden Ball - Kilternan
    * Box Tree (Stepaside)

and then when settled The butcher on the cross roads at lambs cross and market at Belarmine are good.

gareth_c wrote: »
    Welcome to the area. I can highly recommend the following for your first weekend after moving in

* Golden Ball - Kilternan
    * Box Tree (Stepaside)

and then when settled The butcher on the cross roads at lambs cross and market at Belarmine are good.

Thanks very neighbour! Will definitely try those places out!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mossy82

Hello future neighbours,

I am planning on moving into Belmont (Thornberry Close) shortly and I just wanted to check with others if the timelines given by the builders are accurate?

I am being told mid-end of October and just wanted to see if others got into their houses when expected!

Hi mossy82,

Ours went a 1 month and a half over expected date. I think this is the norm though for new developments.

Things I would advise:

SDR are not contactable so establish a GOOD relationship with the Foreman and the Finishing manager early and get their mobile numbers and email addresses. It's really important that you remain on good terms with these guys throughout.

SDR solicitors will give you one set of dates for snagging and closing and they more than likely will be very different than the reality, so make sure you get those dates confirmed by foreman and finishing manager. If their different, make sure your solicitor informs the SDR solicitor.

You will have a lot of snagging to do so get a good surveyor! They are good at completing the snag list but again keep them on honest on dates for the follow up check.

Hope that helps.

Personally speaking we had a very good experience, even though it took longer than expected and we had to keep on top of them (in nice way). The quality of the house is really top notch and we're very excited to move in at the end of the month when it's fully decorated.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Belmont stepaisde

Hi to anyone who recently bought a house in Belmont Stepaside that just recently planning permission is sought to build a 3-5 Storey 89 room Care Facility at the entrance to Belmont . They'd have not stated what type of care facility it is for is Eldery etc . This will cause a lot of parking issues , have ambulances etc coming at all hours and may even decrease the value of homes depending on what type of care facility it is . There is already a problem with parking in this area and not sure why this type building would be sought in such a residential area.
    To get this stopped the more objections the better and it has to be done before the 2nd of September. The signs are erected outside the plot of land and you can view the proposed building online . An observation must be sent in writing to the planning authority in Dun Laoighis rathdown county council .

Hi to anyone who recently bought a house in Belmont Stepaside that just recently planning permission is sought to build a 3-5 Storey 89 room Care Facility at the entrance to Belmont . They'd have not stated what type of care facility it is for is Eldery etc . This will cause a lot of parking issues , have ambulances etc coming at all hours and may even decrease the value of homes depending on what type of care facility it is . There is already a problem with parking in this area and not sure why this type building would be sought in such a residential area.
    To get this stopped the more objections the better and it has to be done before the 2nd of September. The signs are erected outside the plot of land and you can view the proposed building online . An observation must be sent in writing to the planning authority in Dun Laoighis rathdown county council .

Have you any links to that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Belmont stepaisde

Hi the planning application number is D16A 0588. I'll post a pic of the planning application tomorrow but in the mean time you should be able to find it Dun Laoighis rathdown planning lists .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi the planning application number is D16A 0588. I'll post a pic of the planning application tomorrow but in the mean time you should be able to find it Dun Laoighis rathdown planning lists .

You won't be able to as you don't meet the post count or length of membership criteria to post pics just yet ;)

Advertisement