Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

athtrasna wrote: »
    You won't be able to as you don't meet the post count or length of membership criteria to post pics just yet ;)

Or links...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itchap2

Hi the planning application number is D16A 0588. I'll post a pic of the planning application tomorrow but in the mean time you should be able to find it Dun Laoighis rathdown planning lists .

Here's the the co-ordinates - 53.263837, -6.222793

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Belmont stepaisde

Ok thanks . You should still be able to view it online with the application ref number D16A/0588 and I think as residents of Belmont and future residents that we should all try and stop this Care Facility at the entrance of Belmont from going ahead . Not sure if Sherry Fitz is aware of it either . A lot of people getting onto local politicians also to try and get their help . But most important is to put in an objection .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Hi to anyone who recently bought a house in Belmont Stepaside that just recently planning permission is sought to build a 3-5 Storey 89 room Care Facility at the entrance to Belmont . They'd have not stated what type of care facility it is for is Eldery etc . This will cause a lot of parking issues , have ambulances etc coming at all hours and may even decrease the value of homes depending on what type of care facility it is . There is already a problem with parking in this area and not sure why this type building would be sought in such a residential area.
    To get this stopped the more objections the better and it has to be done before the 2nd of September. The signs are erected outside the plot of land and you can view the proposed building online . An observation must be sent in writing to the planning authority in Dun Laoighis rathdown county council .

I live close by but not Belmont. But I can't see your issue and really see it as sacremongering or nimbyism.

1. A "care home" is a specific planning name for a nursing home. So its a nursing home. Do you have an issue with elderly people?

2. Parking. Have a look at Belmont Nursing home beside the galloping green. It has about 90 rooms, so is the same size. They have about 25 staff parking spaces and about 20 public parking spaces. My father was there for a year and not once did I see any parking issue as mostly people popped by to bring their relatives out. Some obviously would stay a while and have coffee in the cafe, but never once did I encounter any issue with parking.

3. Ambulances. You really are showing an amazing lack of knowledge of the subject. A nursing home is not for sick people. it does not have ambulances whailing by at all times of day and night. Again, my experiecne in Belmont was that I saw an ambulance once and that was to take my dad to the beacon. No sirens, no lights, it was there as a precaution. Most people in a nursing home are there because its a safe environment for them to live in and there are prople to keep an eye on them if there's any issue. Some residents are higher maintenance as they become older, but in general a nursing home is a happy place full of healthy people and very rare for ambulances to be required.

4. Decrease in value? Now I see the selfishness of the post. Do you really think that a nursing home will decrease the value of your house? Really? Anything to back it up at all?

May I suggest you do a little research before making your allegations as you will come across as a bitter selfish person (I'm not saying that you are) and that could affect your relationship with neighbours for a long time. The cafe in Blemont Nursing Home on the stillorgan road beside galloping green is open to the public (local residents pop in) - pop in for a coffee and your eyes will be opened to what a nursing home actually is. You may end up playing poker with one of the sharks I encountered and lost €10 to!

In a nutshell

1. A nursing home will not decrese value of your house

2. Planning for a nursing home will have sufficient parking based of real life data

3. Nursing homes do not have ambulances calling at all hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ruby16

Hi ,
    I don't think it's fair what you have written there about Bekmont Stepaisde .
    I think there simply trying to get information out to people that live there and recently purchased there . As they stated they were unaware what type of Care facility it is and I think saying that they have a problem with welder is terrible .

No they may not be as well up as you are on nursing homes etc but I'm sure they are just trying to protect their invested life savings to live in an area.

There will be an issue with parking as there is already an issue with parking with in Belmont as I know that I live here .The estate roads are narrow and a lot of houses only have room for one car in the driveway .
    So they have every right to voice their concerns over this .
    Calling them a selfish person is a bit much !!!

There has recently been an application directly across the road from The proposed Care Facility in the entrance of Belmont to have 12 blocks of apartments also to causing more traffic issues . Belmont were also due to have a kids park added which has also not been done and on the other side of Belmont to the left of the main entrance there is also an application for 56 houses and an apartment block .
    So maybe you should do your research into this also as this may effect you if you live near by . There will be no green spaces left for kids to play .
    Until we know more about this care facility in treating it as something I don't want in my area and I will be putting in an objection as a resident of Belmont

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

ruby16 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I don't think it's fair what you have written there about Bekmont Stepaisde .
    I think there simply trying to get information out to people that live there and recently purchased there . As they stated they were unaware what type of Care facility it is and I think saying that they have a problem with welder is terrible .

No they may not be as well up as you are on nursing homes etc but I'm sure they are just trying to protect their invested life savings to live in an area.

There will be an issue with parking as there is already an issue with parking with in Belmont as I know that I live here .The estate roads are narrow and a lot of houses only have room for one car in the driveway .
    So they have every right to voice their concerns over this .
    Calling them a selfish person is a bit much !!!

There has recently been an application directly across the road from The proposed Care Facility in the entrance of Belmont to have 12 blocks of apartments also to causing more traffic issues . Belmont were also due to have a kids park added which has also not been done and on the other side of Belmont to the left of the main entrance there is also an application for 56 houses and an apartment block .
    So maybe you should do your research into this also as this may effect you if you live near by . There will be no green spaces left for kids to play .
    Until we know more about this care facility in treating it as something I don't want in my area and I will be putting in an objection as a resident of Belmont

That's my point - the poster does not know / understand what is going there and its best for he/she to find out exactly what it is and exactly how a place that this is run before scaremongering and making judgements. You can be sure that the operators of the facility will knock back each argument the poster said extremely quickly with actual verifiable facts and therefore the objection will get no-where.

If I wanted to object I would avoid anything to do with parking, ambulances or what the care facility is. I'd go towards what you are saying, lack of open space, possibly the height is too high, lack of other facilities that are required for people in a nursing home such as good open spaces. There's plenty to argue, but "ambulances" and "parking" and "value reduction" are not the ones to go for.

Employing a planning consulatant to object professionally is ideal, but I would usually find that every thinks its a good idea, but never wants to pay the fees of that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

itchap2 wrote: »
    Hi the planning application number is D16A 0588. I'll post a pic of the planning application tomorrow but in the mean time you should be able to find it Dun Laoighis rathdown planning lists .

Here's the the co-ordinates - 53.263837, -6.222793

Is this the land next to the original belmont to the left hand side of the "park" and reservoir area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Just curious now, if Belmont has Aikens village, Sandyford, on one side Sandyford Hall to another side where did it get Stepaside as it's district area, Developer??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patindublin

Hi All,

My wife and I are seriously considering putting a deposit down on one of the 3 beds in Belmont to move in next Spring.

The show house is great but just a bit unsure as it seems a bit cramped around the streets and for parking.

Any advice from anyone currently living there?

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thebsharp

When it comes to planning be careful what you wish for.

Firstly, have a look at the zoning for the area in which the care centre / nursing home is proposed. Consider what else could be built in this zone and the potential impacts they might have relative to a nursing home. Given the area, something will be built for sure and the council will be only to happy to get rates from it.

Nursing homes have about the lowest impact you could possibly get from a development, in particular trafficwise. Staff are on shift work and visits are spread across the day at different hours. From a traffic engineering perspective, all you have to do is go to a similar development i.e. one near galloping green, and survey vehicles in/out at peak times and car park occupancy rate throughout the day. It's a breeze, and to be honest I've never seen one refused from planning for traffic/parking reasons. The nursing home usually has to put in measures to stop non visitors parking there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thebsharp

Also, check who has submitted the application. You may be able to identify an investor group and have a look at similar homes they operate. Newer homes tend to be well maintained and well landscaped. Their appearance actually adds value to the environs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sandy2016

Looking for recommendation on Alarm system? and looking for a good snagging person, please PM me if you know any reliable person.

Alarm - <mod snip >have done majority of the alarms through the builder so they know the setup and are very flexible. The lady in the office is helpful and the main person Tommy is great. They are around quite a bit and very fair at pricing and help.

Snagging - We did this ourselves and from talking to the neighbours its a split with paying someone and doing it yourself so far nobody who paid anyone has given raving reviews, with decent research online what to look for and some patience I recommend supplying your own list. Just be prepared with the things you definitely want fixing and the ones you will compromise on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Itchap3

Personally I think you'd be mad not to get a professional snagger. You're spending over 400,000 on a house, the €200 odd price would be a wise investment. They will have an eye for issues that you would not even think to check. Fixing even one issue that you fail to spot yourself could end up costing you many multiples of the snaggers fee.

Regarding alarms, <mod snip >.

What road have you bought on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

As per the forum charter, recommendations by pm only please

Has anyone any idea when they're going to landscape the park area ? We've been here 2 years now at this stage and they keep promoting it every launch date saying landscaped parkland coming this summer, when it never materiliaises .....

The last time I asked it would not be until all the houses behind Atkinson Drive were built and ready snagging this would be the earliest that they would start the park and would be around Q2 2017.

I'd say it'll be 2018 so at this stage :/

Does anyone know who looks after the landscaping in the development? The planting of seasonal flowers etc seems non existent compared to belarmine woods or stepaside park who have season flowers planted regularly. Also planting in outdoor public space seems poorly maintained/planted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Newbuyer16

I've just been around to the site and it seems there's people queuing up outside already for the new launch tomorrow. Hoping to put a deposit down ourselves. It seems the new ftb grant in the budget has created a lot of interest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Briano999

Hi,

Has anyone put a deposit down for a house in Belmont in the last couple of phases? Sherry Fitz are looking for 10% of the value if the house as a deposit and also mortgage approval, won't accept approval in principle, house not ready until next spring. Looking for this to all turnaround in 21 days.

Any advice would be great, our bank manager doesn't feel very comfortable with this scenario because if we go over the 6 months our application will need to be reassessed.

Any advice even if the 21 day timeline is realistic would be helpful.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

Briano999 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone put a deposit down for a house in Belmont in the last couple of phases? Sherry Fitz are looking for 10% of the value if the house as a deposit and also mortgage approval, won't accept approval in principle, house not ready until next spring. Looking for this to all turnaround in 21 days.

Any advice would be great, our bank manager doesn't feel very comfortable with this scenario because if we go over the 6 months our application will need to be reassessed.

Thanks!

TBH this definitely doesn't sound right, as far as I'm aware that the 10% only payable upon signing the contract, you should definitely go back to Sherry Fitz about it, and ask to speak to a manager. I would agree with the bank on this too, even when you sign the contract, there is gonna be always delays with the builders due to weather conditions etc etc. There is no way the bank will issue the fully approved mortgage letter now at this stage when you are not legally binded to purchase.

The 21 days timeline can be extended, it has been done in the past, so I wouldn't worry too much, unless SF is extremely strict on it now?

The sales paperwork handed out this weekend is looking for 7000 booking deposit and then the 10% on initial contract signing, this has gone up 2000 on deposit since we purchased here and the same 10%

The 21 is flexible based on the contract being correct, I think we were at 35 days as there was typo's a that our solicitor pushed back on.
    Briano999 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martymchugh

Hi,

Were in the next Belmont phase, SF have told us April-May, is there any chance of this deadline being met do people think going by past experience??

thanks

Welcome, I think from all the phases so far everyone was between 2 and 8 weeks over on the dates given by SF so i would build this into your plans. Work has been quiet on the site for the last few weeks as they have been finishing the insides on the last phase but concrete deliveries restarted  again yesterday morning. 
    I'd recommend keep popping up to site every 3-4 weeks to keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tex12

Hi,
    my wife and i have just bought a house in Belmont.
    We were asking the builder if it was possible to change the washing machine for an integrated model. He said all we had to do was bring it to Power City and exchange it.
    I find this strange as Power City are not supplying the appliances. Has anyone else had any experience like this or is the builder trying to fob us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

tex12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    my wife and i have just bought a house in Belmont.
    We were asking the builder if it was possible to change the washing machine for an integrated model. He said all we had to do was bring it to Power City and exchange it.
    I find this strange as Power City are not supplying the appliances. Has anyone else had any experience like this or is the builder trying to fob us off.

you're being fobbed off obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JosieMcH

Hi,

Has anyone been successful in contacting the builder?
    We are buying in the latest phase and have a few questions.

Cheers,
    Joanna

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cliffordqs

You need to find a company that will take the washing machine in exchange. They bought them as a package and at best you will get some credit towards an integrated machine which is more expensive. Google the model for Irish /northern Irish suppliers.

The kitchen supplier charges €100 to fit the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Belmont2017

Does anyone know about the management company fees? I just bought here and wondering when fees are collected for 2017? Also who are the property management company? Has the AGM been held already for the management company ? Is there a group whatsapp that I can be added to?

Also I see work has started on the new apartment blocks at the entrance to the estate? And some groundworks have started on the parkland it seems, can anyone confirm this is the case ?
    Thanks

Advertisement